French Tourist Shot Dead In Front Of Hotel In Pasay.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Bruce ..... in the short 5+ years I have lived here and watch the news on 2 different channels almost every night I have never seen a Filipino who was ever guilty of anything ..... even those who are armed and evading another country are not guilty ..... I hate to say it but there seems to be a real lack of taking responsibility here ...... more so than in other parts of the world ..... but with all things you just learn to except it and go on with your life ..... sometimes I get my asawa tickled when she asks me if I did something I shouldn't have ..... I just say "hell no the ToKo`) did it ....  you would be surprised just how much gas a Toko` can expell and smell too ..... Jake try that the next time the misses complains about your obnoxious passage ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Here he is ....poor little guy gets blamed for everything ..... :mocking:

post-11-0-33080500-1363406928_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Jake>>>> May I throw in one more item -- a broken cell phone you're willing to donate to the hol-da-pers.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....gonna go to the garage and find my old cell phones....hmmmm.,....wonder if they have to turn on??  :dance: 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You gonna use a purse or a big suitcase to carry all these things?  And where you gonna hide the good ones?  You know...  Cell phone, video camera, boom box...

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

And where you gonna hide the good ones?

In Jake's mangina, of course! Where else you gonna have room to hide all the good stuff? :nudie:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

May I throw in one more item -- a broken cell phone you're willing to donate to the hol-da-pers.

When I have alot of cash I use an inside money pouch which is worn inside under my pants. When traveling I may put my passport in there. I have a fake wallet also which I try to leave some cash in with expired cards. I also include a color copy of my passport. I use that for ID when asked for ID when using my credit card. My folding cash, BPI peso ATM card and my Capital One MC are kept in a small money clip which fits in the palm of my hand and can be used in a less obvious way than a wallet.

I have a 6-7 year old clamshell phone I use for calls/sms in the Philippines which I wear on my belt. I don't care if that gets stolen. My nice android smartphone I keep out of sight. Except of course when I need to use it for all those pictures filipina's like to take!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I have alot of cash I use an inside money pouch which is worn inside under my pants. When traveling I may put my passport in there. I have a fake wallet also which I try to leave some cash in with expired cards. I also include a color copy of my passport. I use that for ID when asked for ID when using my credit card. My folding cash, BPI peso ATM card and my Capital One MC are kept in a small money clip which fits in the palm of my hand and can be used in a less obvious way than a wallet. I have a 6-7 year old clamshell phone I use for calls/sms in the Philippines which I wear on my belt. I don't care if that gets stolen. My nice android smartphone I keep out of sight. Except of course when I need to use it for all those pictures filipina's like to take!

This is sound advice and the correct way. I just wanted to add no watches, no jewelry. If you need to know the time, take out your inexpensive local phone. Mine is a P1,250 Nokia. Also, no brand shoes and clothes. As part of the low profile, you have to look like you don't have any money. Of course, an observant pickpocket will realize my large belly means I have cash to purchase beer. That's the reason why you carry a fake wallet with limited cash. In the event of an attempted robbery, I will scatter bills stuffed in one pocket (mostly small denomination) and run away. The robbers have to make that split decision of going after me or the money on the ground. Hopefully their brain cells are functioning at a lower level. I might be a safe distance before they conclude that my willingness to scatter money means there is more in my other pockets.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heres the latest news on this subject for anyone interested.

http://www.philstar.com/metro/2013/03/21/922180/suspect-rob-slay-french-tourist-identified

MANILA, Philippines - Investigators have identified one of the suspects in the killing of a French tourist during a robbery in front of a Pasay City hotel on March 8, an official said yesterday.

Richard Adilan, an alleged member of the Alvin Flores gang, will be charged with robbery with homicide in connection with the attack on Pierre Paul Franz Hofman, Southern Police District deputy director Senior Superintendent Conrado Capa said during a press conference.

Police said Adilan – who has yet to be arrested – was reportedly seen driving a 1990 Toyota Corolla (PPV-904) three men on a motorcycle boarded shortly after they shot and robbed Hofman.

Capa told reporters that Adilan bought the Corolla last December.

Meanwhile, Capa said the .45 caliber shells found at the scene where Hofman was killed matched the shells left in the Robinson’s Metro East mall robbery last June 22, 2012.

Edited by bootleultras
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Police Chief is not going to sleep until the killers are caught and I'm holding my breath.

I don't know how the Chief is doing but my face is turning red or is it blue now.

Why do some people make such ridiculous statements that everyone knows is impossible to do?

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The Police Chief is not going to sleep until the killers are caught and I'm holding my breath.

I don't know how the Chief is doing but my face is turning red or is it blue now.

Why do some people make such ridiculous statements that everyone knows is impossible to do?

Well I think they had to change their old saying of 'In Hot Pursuit' because no once ever saw any chasing going on.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Well I think they had to change their old saying of 'In Hot Pursuit' because no once ever saw any chasing going on.

Most suspected criminals could travel around the world a few times but they would have to keep stopping in the Philippines before they may eventually be arrested.

• Like 1