French Tourist Shot Dead In Front Of Hotel In Pasay.

Will
Posted
Posted

Well, the punks that surrounded me only had knives. But in my mind, all I could picture were knives sticking into my arms and that pissed me off even further. The thing that pissed me off the MOST was my brother (who is twice my size) ran away when they threatened him, leaving me alone. I kept thinking, Our dad taught us to always stand together. Valuable lesson learned that night, don't count on anyone helping you when trouble comes along.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The element of surprise is very important and that is where the criminals have the advantage in the Philippines because they know foreigners are not allowed to carry a gun so they are always easy pray waiting to be robbed and killed.

There are other weapons that foreigners are permitted to carry. If you walk around the neighborhood at night, carry an old golf putter or cane. A machete in the Philippines is considered a farming implement, not a weapon. Make friends would a couple of police officers in civilian clothes and walk together to have a few beers. It visually informs the neighbors you have powerful friends.

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

I was just thinking, If I walked into one of the bars on Mango one night carrying a Machete and asked one of the girls if she wanted a date...

Wonder if she would say Yes ?. :mocking:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was just thinking, If I walked into one of the bars on Mango one night carrying a Machete and asked one of the girls if she wanted a date... Wonder if she would say Yes ?.

Before saying "Yes." to a date, she will ask, "Were you an axe murderer in the United Kingdom?"

When visiting bars on Mango, bring a cane but carry it in a manner to show that you don't really need it to assist you in walking.

I usually had a few farm implements in the car under the driver seat. The basis of most martial arts weapons were common farming implement because the general population was not permitted to carry swords, lances, etc. The bow and arrow was okay because they were needed for hunting. The point is to have something that provides an advantage since it is illegal to carry firearms. I also had a six foot staff made of rattan for hiking and beating tall grass just in case there were snakes. It could also serve as a weapon against someone with a knife.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

...*Note To Self #8...stop by Ace Hardware in SM Mall and purchase a hand pruning or keyhole saw...run fingers over saw blade...ask asawa for tissue to stop bleeding...hmmmm....a sharp point to poke and a 'rough' edge for other endevo(u)rs...like harvesting fruits and vegtables at the market*...

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Before I joined the Air Force and just a young lad of 18, I drove taxi in Niagara Falls.  One night I had a gun put behind my ear and told to drive out into the country.  Once we were quite a bit away and between fruit farms, I was told to pull over as he had a car waiting for him.  He got out of the car and took my keys which he tossed out into the field.  Then they were gone.  It took me over an hour to find the keys so I could radio back for the police to show up.  When they got there, i wasn't shaking from fear but steady and burning with rage.  But before that?  Yeah, I shook a lot.

Another time somebody tried to rob me using a knife.  I was so mad that I grabbed his wrist, twisted it out and to the side and just drove myself around the knife and into him.  220 pounds of muscle (back then at least.. hehe!) makes a good battering ram. The police wanted to charge me because I broke his wrist, his jaw and knocked him unconscious along with a good concussion - excessive violence they said.  Once they found out I was one of the Canadian military visiting the island, they just changed their minds, said "Have a wonderful night, sir" and walked away.

Sometimes it's better to walk away, others you are better taking the initiative.  You won't know which is right until after it's all over though...  :)

• Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

The trouble with carrying a weapon is that it could possibly be taken from you and used against you, Fists, Feet and your Wits is best

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

The whole point of carrying a concealed weapon is the enemy doesn't know you have a weapon and therefore doesn't know they need to take it away from you.  And, never let your enemy see your weapon until you use it.  As I have already said, the element of surprise is very important.  One of the popular sayings where I come from is, never pull your gun on someone unless you are prepared to use it. In my 60 years of owning guns I only pulled a gun on one person and if he went for a gun or pulled a knife he would have been dead before he could have used his weapon.

• Like 1