French Tourist Shot Dead In Front Of Hotel In Pasay.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The Police Chief is not going to sleep until the killers are caught and I'm holding my breath. I don't know how the Chief is doing but my face is turning red or is it blue now.

It's a good thing you don't read out loud or your face would be waaaay past blue!

:mocking:  Sorry!  I just couldn't resist...  I am such a bad Bob...  I'll go quietly now and sit in the corner...   :mocking:

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

'In Hot Pursuit'

Could not resist it.... Cannot get Sheriff Bufort T Justice (Jackie Gleason) out of my mind when some one says in hot pursuit.

post-635-0-96192900-1363921185_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is the latest news on this crime, appears that may have identified but not arrested an suspect

MANILA, Philippines - The Pasay City Police on Wednesday said they will file charges of robbery with homicide against a member of the dreaded Alvin Flores robbery gang who, along with three others, robbed and killed a 68-year-old French man in front of the Heritage Hotel in Pasay City last March 8.

Senior Superintendent Conrado Capa, Southern Police District Deputy Director for Operations and head of the task force that investigated the case, said in a press conference that they have positively identified the Alvin Flores gang member as Richard Adilan.

Police said Adilan was the owner and driver of the 1990 Toyota Corolla (PPV-904)

where the three robbers transferred to from a motorcycle shortly after shooting and robbing Pierre Paul Franz Hofman.

It was earlier reported that Hofman was walking with two companions in front of the Heritage Hotel

when two still-unidentified men suddenly appeared and grabbed his shoulder bag containing around 750 euros (around P40,000).  Hofman resisted, prompting one of the robbers to shoot him, police said.

The suspects then fled on a motorcycle driven by another still unidentified suspect. From the motorcycle, witnesses told police they saw the three suspects board the Toyota Corolla driven by Adilan.

Hofman was rushed to the San Juan de Dios Hospital but was declared dead on arrival. Hofman sustained three gunshot wounds.

Nation ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

Capa told reporters that they have traced the ownership of the Toyota Corolla sedan to a certain Richard Gamelo who lives in General Trias in Cavite. However, when police interviewed Gamelo,

it  was learned that the sedan had already been sold successively to several people. Police said the last owner of the vehicle was
Adilan, who bought the car last December.

Capa said Adilan remains at-large and still being tracked down by police.

“We will be able to identify the other unidentified suspects in the case once we get Adilan,” he said.

Meanwhile, Capa said the caliber .45 shells found at the scene where Hofman was killed matched the shells found by police at the robbery at the Robinson’s Metro East mall in Pasig last June 22.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/03/20/922015/pasay-police-identifies-one-4-french-mans-attackers

seems to be nearly identical to other posting , just a little different news 

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

One big difference in this story is in paragraph 4 where it says "Hofman was rushed to the hospital"  In the fist story the witnesses said it was at least an hour before he was taken to the hospital.  This change of story sounds like damage control.  How many tourists will be excited about coming to the Philippines if it takes at least an hour to be taken to a hospital which is only across the street?

In the Philippines people run towards gun shots, not away, so why didn't a few of the people in the crowd carry him to the hospital across the street?  Were they all just standing around staring at him waiting for him to die?

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

In the Philippines people run towards gun shots, not away, so why didn't a few of the people in the crowd carry him to the hospital across the street?  Were they all just standing around staring at him waiting for him to die?

The person shot did have at least 2 friends with him. I would think they and/or the hotel they were a guest at might have done something to get him medical treatment.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Ive never seen anyone actually shot in the street or wherever, but when I have seen things on the news broadcasts or similar I dont think I ever recall them saying people picked up the victim and carried him/her to the hospital......it just doesnt happen, anywhere in the world IMHO

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I bet if a military veteran was present he would have done something.  When someone is injured or in danger of being injured it should be your natural response to help the person.  Standing by and watching someone die without even trying to help is not the proper response and could be due to being self-centered and not caring about others well being or maybe they were comparing it to watching a pig being slaughtered and slowly bleeding to death which they have done since they were very young children.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ive never seen anyone actually shot in the street or wherever, but when I have seen things on the news broadcasts or similar I dont think I ever recall them saying people picked up the victim and carried him/her to the hospital......it just doesnt happen, anywhere in the world IMHO

Happens all the time in the US, Often easier for the family or friends to bring someone into the hopsital then to wait for the meat truck. Many borderline cases of may live / may die from different causes, end up with a bad case of dead due to the time between someone makes a call and the ambulance arrives.

In the black areas, shooting victims are brought in by family or friends... or dropped off outside with a squeal of tires, almost every day. Why?? Because the Po po and the ambulances may be busy or not willing to go to that area.

Time = time. When the ambulance arrives, the crew must assess the situation and implement a plan of action. This same task can be done at the hospital IF the victim arrives in time. So the gained time is in the delivery of the product to the facility as quickly as possible.

Cut the racist comments or be put on moderation.....Message from the Boss

• 2 weeks later...
northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"Franz’s belt bag,"

good grief! NEVER wear these things in any country. might as well hang a sign around his neck—rob me.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

yeah those bags are just plain stupid but sadly this poor guy was probably a new traveler and did not have the experience.

Anyway, make sure you get through to your girlfriend's or wife's that if you ever get injured badly to make sure the first thing they do is get you to a hospital as fast as possible.