Evil White Sugar Killing Filipinos

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Does anyone else notice that most wealthier Filipinos (at least ones that look that way), mainly the woman are very over weight? I would say this is mainly because they are eating out a lot at these fast food outlets and getting overdoses of white sugar, salt and fat.

I said to my girlfriend that you are much better off to be poor here as you will live much longer and will probably be happier anyway as your diet will not make you feel miserable. Yes diet can make you feel good or bad so it's not just about living longer as I know that when I eat out a lot like I have been lately while travelling that I feel tired and not as good as I would normally. that is mainly as I'm not eating the fresh veggies, meat and chemical free diet I eat when I make my own food.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted
Please clarify: Is a STONE still 14 pounds to the rest of the world? So to all of us who are not the Queen's subjects.... you weigh 162 pounds?

Yes Bruce, I am 168 pounds.

what is your secret man-- what else are you eating man - exercising ?

I dont eat too much. Go 2 or 3 days without food, Never feel hungry, Never exercise, Never drink at home, Only when I go out.

I was in the Philippines for 2 months over Christmas this year, My wife probably ate more in 1 day than I did in a week, But I did drink gallons of Coffee everyday.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Mee thinks sugar is way behind "fried in oil" as to whats killing Filipinos.

When you add white rice to the above, it shows in the life expectancy of the Philippines being below world average. I see lots of high BP, diabetes, and stokes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Yes Bruce, I am 168 pounds.

168 pounds is 12 stone and not 11 1/2 stone as you posted. Too much sugar I guess..... :hystery:  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Try coco sugar as a substitute.

No one in our family drinks sugared water with meals or as a refreshment. The beverage of choice is water. The only exception for me is a can of Coke over a small cup of ice during long plane rides. It's a way to pass the time.

Coffee is the problem. I take three - double cups a day, It has to be very strong, with creamer & sugar. 

• Like 1

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

I weigh 11, 1/2 stone and have 5 kilo of white sugar a month in just my Tea and Coffee, I have actually cut down from double that amount about 5 years ago, People say sugar is fattening, But to me its not.

5 KG of sugar in a month and you are still alive?

WOW.

Edited by wallaby
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted
5 KG of sugar in a month and you are still alive?

Some days I,m not,  :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I was in my younger days (I probably only had maybe a half dozen cups of coffee until I was 25), I used to always have double-doubles.  Then for the last 15 years or so, it was with just double cream...  I can't stand milk in coffee - it just waters it down!  But now?  For the last few months I have been on black only - between 8 to 10 cups a day as marked on the side of my pot.  

Which brings me to this point.  Don't have the reference right now but I was reading yesterday that a new study finds that 2 to 4 cups of coffee a day is fine but any more can lead to obesity and diabetes - regardless if with sugar, cream or black.  So now that "Green Coffee" as a dietary aid in reducing weight has become popular, I wonder how many of these people are just getting fatter?

:mocking:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's a problem in the Philippes being fat is seen as a sign of being rich  :(

Concerning unhealthy fast food - Just a few days ago the Swedish news told about Ocinawa, Japan, where people have become among the oldest in average, but now that advantage is decreesing since some fast food chain established there some years ago...   :bash:  

I weigh 11, 1/2 stone and have 5 kilo of white sugar a month in just my Tea and Coffee, I have actually cut down from double that amount about 5 years ago, People say sugar is fattening, But to me its not.

Please clarify: Is a STONE still 14 pounds to the rest of the world? So to all of us who are not the Queen's subjects.... you weigh 162 pounds?

The rest of the world count in kilogram  :)

Mee thinks sugar is way behind "fried in oil" as to whats killing Filipinos.

When you add white rice to the above, it shows in the life expectancy of the Philippines being below world average. I see lots of high BP, diabetes, and stokes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Yes, white rice have lost most of the nutricion, which is extra bad for the poor, who are often short of nutricion anyway, so it's realy wasting to take it away from their rice :bash:

Try coco sugar as a substitute.

Yes, I believe such is much better.

To compare - A Filipina I know have got anemia when she live in Manila, but haven't had such problem, when she live at home at Samar. We figuered out the difference was at Samar she eat much from coconuts, while eating no such in Manila...

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Which brings me to this point. Don't have the reference right now but I was reading yesterday that a new study finds that 2 to 4 cups of coffee a day is fine but any more can lead to obesity and diabetes - regardless if with sugar, cream or black.

I don't see how drinking black coffee can lead to obesity and diabetes. It defies logic, unless drinking black coffee makes you want to eat refined sugar by the spoonful.