Evil White Sugar Killing Filipinos

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Remember the old days when soda was made with real natural flavours (except for the cocaine in Coke) and real sugar?  Put a bottle down and it was full of ants.  Now it kills the ants.

Do that old experiment the kids do in school...  Put a bit of white sugar next to an ant hill.  The ants will not only ignore the sugar but often will close up shop and move to another ant hill.

Moral of the story?   Sugar is kind of a male thing....  Ants won't eat it but uncles will.  (Oh I am so sorry!  i couldn't resist!)

:mocking:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Do that old experiment the kids do in school...  Put a bit of white sugar next to an ant hill.  The ants will not only ignore the sugar but often will close up shop and move to another ant hill.

You have clever ants in Canada. Here they love sugar, which progress fast to alcohol in their bodies, so if put down some sugar close to a road of theirs, there will soon be several very drunk ants trying to walk home, but walk more to the side than straight   :hystery:

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Research recommends (lol) ... when I was growing up butter was bad and margarine was good .. then margarine became bad and butter not so bad ... olive oil was once good, Canola bad .. but now Canola is made from GMO seeds which isn't bad yet but might be soon ..and baby aspirin (to those who were asking on the forum when they could purchase it) well it was a good thing because it can prevent heart attack (according to research by the aspirin companies ... lol) now it turns out that it can also cause internal bleeding and give you a stroke so it's not recommended unless you are at risk of having a heart attack ... but if you've been taking it stopping might not be a good thing because stopping could also give you a heart attack ... you can't win here.  

Now my favorite is the PSA test which may or may not detect prostate cancer .. it was once universally given to men over 40 but a few years ago most doctors decided to not give the test because there were too many false positives ..  except the urologists still said it was a good thing (and it was a good thing for them because when you had a positive result you had to go to them for more testing so they got more $$$) .. now the even the urologists have been shamed into admitting that "research suggests" the test might not be so great.  

.. which reminds me of the old joke about the man who went to see a doctor because of the pain in his foot .. "It hurts when I walk, Doctor."  "So don't walk," the doctor replied, "and don't forget to pay $25 on your way out."    

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Research recommends (lol) ... when I was growing up butter was bad and margarine was good .. then margarine became bad and butter not so bad ... olive oil was once good, Canola bad .. but now Canola is made from GMO seeds which isn't bad yet but might be soon ..and baby aspirin (to those who were asking on the forum when they could purchase it) well it was a good thing because it can prevent heart attack (according to research by the aspirin companies ... lol) now it turns out that it can also cause internal bleeding and give you a stroke so it's not recommended unless you are at risk of having a heart attack ... but if you've been taking it stopping might not be a good thing because stopping could also give you a heart attack ... you can't win here.  

Now my favorite is the PSA test which may or may not detect prostate cancer .. it was once universally given to men over 40 but a few years ago most doctors decided to not give the test because there were too many false positives ..  except the urologists still said it was a good thing (and it was a good thing for them because when you had a positive result you had to go to them for more testing so they got more $$$) .. now the even the urologists have been shamed into admitting that "research suggests" the test might not be so great.  

.. which reminds me of the old joke about the man who went to see a doctor because of the pain in his foot .. "It hurts when I walk, Doctor."  "So don't walk," the doctor replied, "and don't forget to pay $25 on your way out."    

Yup!  It's official!  GMO is very bad for you now!

As for the aspirin and heart attacks?  Turns out it was buffered aspirin they used in the test,  When they redid the trial, they found negative results for the aspirin.  This time the aspirin they used was not coated.  So what was it that helped so much for heart attacks that was in the buffering?  Magnesium.

Any further questions, just write in or email Rolf or Dr Bob at veterinarians-hospital@kermit.com ...  (just for those who remember who Dr Bob was)

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As for the aspirin and heart attacks?  Turns out it was buffered aspirin they used in the test,  When they redid the trial, they found negative results for the aspirin.  This time the aspirin they used was not coated.  So what was it that helped so much for heart attacks that was in the buffering?  Magnesium.

Any further questions, just write in or email Rolf or Dr Bob at veterinarians-hospital@kermit.com ...  (just for those who remember who Dr Bob was)

I do not buy that. It has long been understood that aspirin makes platelets more slippery and less able to 'clump' together. This is where the benefit comes from.  

The buffering was a later addition to help prevent the stomach irritation that some complained about.

If magnesium is really of any benefit, it can be bought as a higher does supplement and also can be found in many antacids. Which..... should have shown any heart benefits from the groups of people who take antacids containing magnesium on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If magnesium is really of any benefit, it can be bought as a higher does supplement and also can be found in many antacids. Which..... should have shown any heart benefits from the groups of people who take antacids containing magnesium on a regular basis.

(I don't understand "antacids" and translator don't either  :)

Or you can get it by eating suiting food   :)     

(I know it's magnesium in (some) almonds, and I believe in some root crops too.)

If I remember corect Magnesium is among the nutrisions, which assist the body to absorb some OTHER nutrisions/Vitamins,

so heart benefit reason can perhaps be found if find out which nutrision, which Magnesium assist, which reduce the heart attack risk  :)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I do not buy that. It has long been understood that aspirin makes platelets more slippery and less able to 'clump' together. This is where the benefit comes from.  

The buffering was a later addition to help prevent the stomach irritation that some complained about.

I have a physical copy of the follow-up study somewhere here in my apartment.  I'll get the particulars and send them to you if you'd like.  But it's going to have to wait for a bit...  It's packed in a box somewhere in preparation for my move at the end of June .(sorry - just back to Niagara)  

Bruce
Posted
Posted
(I don't understand "antacids" and translator don't either

OK, google TUMS or ROLAIDS and see what their description is. (not the newer H2 antagonists, as they are a different class of drug)  

Antacids are mostly either magnesium (Milk of magnesium, et al) or calcium products. They act to alter the ph of acid into a more neutral ph.

People like to make money. Magnesium is classified as a dietary supplement which is much less controlled than aspirin which is FDA directly controlled and harder to qualify to manufacture or sell.

So IF and I do mean IF 'research suggests' that magnesium is the actual active ingredient in the 81mg (baby) enteric / buffered aspirin that provided a cardiac as well as colon benefits, then the major vitamin manufacturers (GNC / Natures Best et al) would all be making slick ads and buying TV time to push their version of magnesium!  

I do not see any of that. But I do see many ads pushing aspirin! And there are states (California as one) who have consumer friendly laws which allow consumers to sue for ad frauds and collect millions in damages. If it appears that Bayer and the other companies are pushing their aspirin products for heart and other benefits, but it really is the (cheaper) magnesium which provides the benefits, I would expect the FDA to send out Warning Letters and consumer fraud lawsuits for putting the public at large in danger.... with the legal theory that magnesium is safer than aspirin in that it has not been linked to GI bleeds and strokes, that the manufactures knew this for years, but STILL pushed their unsafe product, aspirin, onto the public for profits instead of public safety by selling the safer magnesium supplements which are not as profitable.  

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Bruce, studies are done by universities and laboratories around the world.  Just because a study is done and has finding contrary to what the FDA states does not mean the FDA will change their data.  On the contrary, every time a study is done - especially outside the US - that is negative to the big pharmaceutical companies, these same pharmaceutical companies will then have another study done where the purpose is to counter this other study.  Then the FDA can keep saying the same old trash it always has.  Just look at what the FDA has approved in the past - and still clings to their clams of being safe - while people are affected and sometimes dying because of these.  Do you think Bayer, who makes billions every year off of their aspirin sales, are going to stop and say the aspirin isn't doing what they claim?  Or do you think they will continue selling their product with the "buffered" coating?  This was how the rebuttal study was carried out, by the way - by using buffered aspirin.  They absolutely refused to trial plain aspirin.  And the FDA accepted this as legitimate.  The study I referred to was carried out over quite a number of years and compared results regarding those who used buffered aspirin, those who used plain aspirin, and those who did not use either.  Those who used buffered aspirin received equivalent results as previously claimed for the use of aspirin.  Those who used plain aspirin resulted in equivalent benefits - or rather lack of benefit - as those who used nothing.  Several other studies carried out and using the same criteria have produced the same results but you won't find any mention of them in any publishings in the US.  At least not anything the FDA or AMA will give credence to.  Big $ Pharmaceutical won't allow it.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

No Bob..... you missed it. "IT" in this case is money and I firmly believe that 'if' magnesium' was the actual agent that provided any cardiac or anti cancer benefit, then the BIG vitamin / food supplement companies, who are not under any control of Big Pharma, would be cranking out ads with this or any other study that promoted magnesium over aspirin.

When in doubt.... follow the money or lack there of. No one is pushing the (supposed / implied) beneifits of magnesium over aspirin. WHY?

This would be great news and the FDA does not control the manufacture and sale of magnesium as it does aspirin. The vitamin companies would be all over it.... and they are not. This says a lot.