Evil White Sugar Killing Filipinos

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I don't see how drinking black coffee can lead to obesity and diabetes. It defies logic, unless drinking black coffee makes you want to eat refined sugar by the spoonful.

Does seem odd but I found a number of articles citing various studies that linked high coffee consumption to Type 2 diabetes. They indicated that some of the ingredients interfere with the body's metabolism and ability to process sugar. And I found some articles saying that the ingredients in coffee actually help prevent diabetes. And some articles debunking both theories. You can find a study somewhere that will support almost anything. They usually preface the premise with "Research suggests..."

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It could be all the donuts you eat while drinking the black coffee...

• Like 1

ForADay
Posted
Posted

It could be all the donuts you eat while drinking the black coffee...

nice one... not to mention too much coffee can make you hyper with and stressed!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
JJReyes, on 29 May 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:I don't see how drinking black coffee can lead to obesity and diabetes. It defies logic, unless drinking black coffee makes you want to eat refined sugar by the spoonful.Does seem odd but I found a number of articles citing various studies that linked high coffee consumption to Type 2 diabetes. They indicated that some of the ingredients interfere with the body's metabolism and ability to process sugar. And I found some articles saying that the ingredients in coffee actually help prevent diabetes. And some articles debunking both theories. You can find a study somewhere that will support almost anything. They usually preface the premise with "Research suggests..."

"Research suggest..." that olive oil is bad for you. So my wife purchased Canola oil. Canola sucks! I used the argument that olive oil has been around for thousands of years. So we switched back.

"Research suggest..." that olive oil is good for you. The follow-up article came out a year later. As suggested by MikeB, you can find contradictory information. The winners are the researchers who get money from the government, foundations and private industry.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
"Research suggest..." that olive oil is good for you. The follow-up article came out a year later. As suggested by MikeB, you can find contradictory information. The winners are the researchers who get money from the government, foundations and private industry.

Yes, they get SMALL amounts

but the BIG amounts go to powerful companies, who get some researcher telling their product is good/safe UNDEPENDING of if it's false...  (As e g tobacco companies and some food companies have done, e g fooling even poor mothers the company baby food is better than mother's milk, even when it's crap !    :bash:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Try the studies done by the big pharmaceutical companies...  I don't trust any of them anymore!  It seems that every study in the last 50 years that they have financed has been slanted to make them look good while actually providing more harm to those who are given their crap!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Try the studies done by the big pharmaceutical companies...  I don't trust any of them anymore!  It seems that every study in the last 50 years that they have financed has been slanted to make them look good while actually providing more harm to those who are given their crap!

Drug Companies Drive the Psychiatric Drugging of Children

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-peter-breggin/psychiatric-drugs_b_1693649.html

Bottom line whether you are in the Philippines or a western country, do you your own research and due diligence.

What isn't reported much is that a high percentage of teenagers who act out violently had been prescribed mood altering drugs and that those drugs may actually be the cause of their violence.

Don't drug your children. In addition, I would never send my children to a government public school in the USA.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Drug Companies Drive the Psychiatric Drugging of Children

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-peter-breggin/psychiatric-drugs_b_1693649.html

Bottom line whether you are in the Philippines or a western country, do you your own research and due diligence.

What isn't reported much is that a high percentage of teenagers who act out violently had been prescribed mood altering drugs and that those drugs may actually be the cause of their violence.

Don't drug your children. In addition, I would never send my children to a government public school in the USA.

Yes. An example was told just a few days ago at Swedish TV news. I don't remember the percentage, but it have rapidly increased for sleeping pills subscribed to KIDS!!! Crazy   :bash:

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

In some quarters, white sugar is now regarded as one of the most toxic foods you can put in your body.The stuff actually has bleach in it along with a whole host of nasty chemicals!.I gave it up long ago and replaced it with muscovado which thankfully is available most everywhere here and it's cheap.In Australia, muscovado is regarded as a "health food" and as such, it sells for around $23.00 a kilo!

Here in the Philippines, they put sugar in just about every kind of prepared food you can imagine so it's a great reason to start doing your own cooking. :thumbsup:

• Like 3