Gardens Or Hobby Farming In Philippines

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just found a video on setting up a CHEAP diy aquaponics system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHjOYQOA28 and also a really cheap small system  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmzEgZ81uak

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

Land was pretty damned cheap here 8 years ago.. I couldn't afford it at todays prices.
In Tagbilaran/Panglao?  Or in resident developed area?  Or why expensive??

I have seen many ads with CHEAP land at Bohol, some can of course have titling problems,

but e g in Ubay province the government have sold DEVELOPED farmland for 40p/m2 to Filipins, and some of them are selling for similar price. I don't remember what's the cheapest TITLED land I have seen at Bohol, but at Cebu island it's 70p/m2, and from some other in Visayas and north Mindanao some asked price for titled have been as low as 30-40p/m2. (But I haven't checked if the titling documents are real   :)

UNTITLED there are land for 8p/m2 at Bohol inland, and inland with sea view for 15p.

Hi Thomas..

Tagbilaran is a city and is pretty pricey.. You are looking at 6/10k per Sqr meter in many parts of Tag. these days..

In regards Panglao and Dauis ,prices have tripled in the last 5 years.. This is mainly because of the proposed Panglao airport and the infrastructure being placed around the whole island needed to accommodate it. Actually we have just been informed of a Barangay meeting next week informing us of increased zonal values..(again)

Rural mainland Bohol still has many real bargains around from anything from 10.00 Peso/50.00Pesos per square meter..

Just about all of that land is tax declaration property and much of it has no access.. 

Too far away from town to be of any use to us as we have kids still at school etc etc..

Cheers,

Fred.

Edited by fred
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have seen the artist's rendering that you previously posted under Bamboo Bungalows.  I would be eager to see how the ones to be manufactured in Negros would look. 

I will send you a PM.

JJ, send me a PM also.  Thanks

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Hi Thomas..   Tagbilaran is a city and is pretty pricey.. You are looking at 6/10k per Sqr meter in many parts of Tag. these days.. In regards Panglao and Dauis ,prices have tripled in the last 5 years..
Yes, that's why I asked if it was there you are. (I only knew "Bohol" concerning your location.)
Rural mainland Bohol still has many real bargains around from anything from 10.00 Peso/50.00Pesos per square meter.. Just about all of that land is tax declaration property and much of it has no access..  Too far away from town to be of any use to us as we have kids still at school etc etc.
Yes, mostly just tax declaration, but at least them recently bought from the government, I suppouse have no big problem to get titling.

But there are schools in baranggays too, and many provinces are small, so hard to find a place any far from a city there  :)  

Some of the inland rural baranggays have own high schools (e g Siketuna in Talibon). That's close enough for a high school student from the 15p/m2 land, which I mensioned earlier, with ocean view from a hill, and it has an ok looking dirt road.

Curley
Posted
Posted

We're getting a long way off topic here

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted

i understand that concrete can get dam hot durring the heat of the day i'll look into adding foam to the mix as i am pouring. the foam will add somewhat of an R value but it's not as strong so the concrete will need to be thicker

You could probably substitute rice hulls for foam. Rice Hulls, a by-product of the rice milling industry, has a very high R factor and is used as household insulation; it is also very cheap and plentiful.

that might be a good way to save some cash & still get the job done.

not sure how thick the walls /roof need to be with rice hulls mixed into the concrete.

i'm guessing 18" would get er done :cheersty:

piglett
Posted
Posted

i'll have to find someone who can tell me how thick the walls & roof need to be but the roof would be tied to the walls with internal rebar 10mm sould do the trick. i understand that concrete can get dam hot durring the heat of the day i'll look into adding foam to the mix as i am pouring. the foam will add somewhat of an R value but it's not as strong so the concrete will need to be thicker  

Porous concrete can be problematic. Formosan termites are able to bore tunnels through it to get to the wood sections of your home. Most of the heat is from the roofing. If you can afford it, use tiles. A friend who inherited a family home with corrugated metal sheet roofing had a simple, creative solution. He had something like a long water hose following the ridges of the corrugated roof, which he filled with cold water in the morning. By evening, he had enough hot water for a bath or shower. Solar energy. Helped keep the home cool.

i like the solar hot water idea!!!

the only wood on the outside of the house would be the doors & window frames

not planning on a metal roof, i don't want the thing blowing off when i am back in the states & the PI gets a big storm.

thanks

piglett

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Getting back on track................ Here is a hydroponics set up that could be used for aquaponics also. Very little space needed. The man talks a lot of sense...  

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
embedded video
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
i like the solar hot water idea!!!

Getting back on track................ Here is a hydroponics set up that could be used for aquaponics also. Very little space needed. The man talks a lot of sense...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GghlbtGjfk  

How about combine the roof water heater and aquaponic system?  :)

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
How about combine the roof water heater and aquaponic system?

The simplicity of the original idea is to use water pressure from an ordinary tap to fill the rubber tubing on the roof. During the late afternoon and early evening, the heated water goes to your shower or bath. The quantity in terms of liters depends on the length and water capacity of the rubber tubing. I think you can achieve the same thing using an ordinary garden hose.