Gardens Or Hobby Farming In Philippines

Curley
Posted
Posted

i like the solar hot water idea!!!

Getting back on track................ Here is a hydroponics set up that could be used for aquaponics also. Very little space needed. The man talks a lot of sense...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GghlbtGjfk  

How about combine the roof water heater and aquaponic system?   :)

Why? Do you want to cook the fish?

piglett
Posted
Posted

Getting back on track................ Here is a hydroponics set up that could be used for aquaponics also. Very little space needed. The man talks a lot of sense...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GghlbtGjfk  

great link!!!!!!

we have about 100 baby chicks in the woodshed rite now

next year i want to build a small greenhouse so i can start my plants early

piglett
Posted
Posted

i like the solar hot water idea!!!

How about combine the roof water heater and aquaponic system?   :)

i think the aquaponics uses the same water over & over

the fish poop in it

then it goes to the plants which act as a filter.

collecting it from the roof for use in the garden is a great idea though

• 1 month later...
piglett
Posted
Posted

Land was pretty damned cheap here 8 years ago.. I couldn't afford it at todays prices.
In Tagbilaran/Panglao?  Or in resident developed area?  Or why expensive??

I have seen many ads with CHEAP land at Bohol, some can of course have titling problems,

but e g in Ubay province the government have sold DEVELOPED farmland for 40p/m2 to Filipins, and some of them are selling for similar price. I don't remember what's the cheapest TITLED land I have seen at Bohol, but at Cebu island it's 70p/m2, and from some other in Visayas and north Mindanao some asked price for titled have been as low as 30-40p/m2. (But I haven't checked if the titling documents are real   :)

UNTITLED there are land for 8p/m2 at Bohol inland, and inland with sea view for 15p.

i see that land prices are all over the place

we are looking at 1 hector with ocean views but not on the beach

they want about $10,000 ,they will take payments

almost all of it is a hill with just a few old coconut trees on it

i myself feel it's only worth about $5000 cash

Thomas
Posted
Posted
i see that land prices are all over the place we are looking at 1 hector with ocean views but not on the beach they want about $10,000 ,they will take payments almost all of it is a hill with just a few old coconut trees on it i myself feel it's only worth about $5000 cash
Where?  Steep or slooping? With title or not?

If without title and not in Tabilaran or Panglao, then I agree with you (=20p/m2)

but otherwice such land cost more normaly of what I have seen.

piglett
Posted
Posted

i see that land prices are all over the place we are looking at 1 hector with ocean views but not on the beach they want about $10,000 ,they will take payments almost all of it is a hill with just a few old coconut trees on it i myself feel it's only worth about $5000 cash
Where?  Steep or slooping? With title or not?

If without title and not in Tabilaran or Panglao, then I agree with you (=20p/m2)

but otherwice such land cost more normaly of what I have seen.

it's in Romblon province

which is about 1/2 way between Cebu & Manila

the cost of living there is very little

but jobs that pay are in short supply too

a 4 wheel drive vehicle could drive straight up the hill

if some sort of a driveway was put in i think a front wheel drive car could make it

1 hector includes both the front & back sides of the hill

which i like, no one could build rite next to us  

the land is about 20 hectors total (mostly rice patty) & owned by a family that my farther inlaw & his farther once worked for

they would have to issue a title to my wife or i would not be interested in the property.

this would be made clear up front!

we are still working on paying off our house in the states

once that is out of the way we will see if they really want to sell

or if they are just playing games.

thanks

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
it's in Romblon province which is about 1/2 way between Cebu & Manila the cost of living there is very little but jobs that pay are in short supply too a 4 wheel drive vehicle could drive straight up the hill if some sort of a driveway was put in i think a front wheel drive car could make it 1 hector includes both the front & back sides of the hill which i like, no one could build rite next to us the land is about 20 hectors total (mostly rice patty) & owned by a family that my farther inlaw & his farther once worked for they would have to issue a title to my wife or i would not be interested in the property. this would be made clear up front! we are still working on paying off our house in the states once that is out of the way we will see if they really want to sell or if they are just playing games.
Oh I missunderstood. I thought it was at Bohol.

If you get it titled, then I believe 10 000 USD (40p/m2)  is cheap  (if it isn't far from public road) because the cheapest titled I have seen at Cebu island is 70p/m2  (40 at Bohol). 

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted

it's in Romblon province which is about 1/2 way between Cebu & Manila the cost of living there is very little but jobs that pay are in short supply too a 4 wheel drive vehicle could drive straight up the hill if some sort of a driveway was put in i think a front wheel drive car could make it 1 hector includes both the front & back sides of the hill which i like, no one could build rite next to us the land is about 20 hectors total (mostly rice patty) & owned by a family that my farther inlaw & his farther once worked for they would have to issue a title to my wife or i would not be interested in the property. this would be made clear up front! we are still working on paying off our house in the states once that is out of the way we will see if they really want to sell or if they are just playing games.
Oh I missunderstood. I thought it was at Bohol.

If you get it titled, then I believe 10 000 USD (40p/m2)  is cheap  (if it isn't far from public road) because the cheapest titled I have seen at Cebu island is 70p/m2  (40 at Bohol). 

the main road runs by it

however location is everything & unlike in Cebu island

cell phone service is hit or miss (2g)

cable tv not going to happen in my life time

internet , you might get between 28k & 128k at times

other times you will go without internet for days

the power is NOT on durring day time hours :(

so because services are few & far between 

& you are a 24 hour boat ride from a city any city (no airport)

i myself put a lower value on the land in this type of remote province.

now i'm not talking bad about the place

just laying out the facts

i really like it there ,even though there are a few short coming 

i think i can deal with those

i would probably look into a small solar and or wind setup

that would help out with day time power

maybe in a few more years the internet problem will be better

we would probably only be spending 2 to 3 months out of the year there

so if not it's not all that large of a problem

if i was going there full time then it would be different

thanks

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes, location is important.

(Concerning Internet, it's some thoughts switching a TV chanel to Internet, but I have no idea if such can become good. Perhaps 4g can reach in future.)

ops, much off topic. I thought we where in the topic about land prices  :mocking:

piglett
Posted
Posted

Yes, location is important.

(Concerning Internet, it's some thoughts switching a TV chanel to Internet, but I have no idea if such can become good. Perhaps 4g can reach in future.)

ops, much off topic. I thought we where in the topic about land prices  :mocking:

:thumbsup: