Does She Really,really Love You ?

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted
You missred Dave's post. On purpouse? :)

No, Thomas, I read it and understood it.

But having "Just financially secure" tattooed on my forehead didn't appeal, and I thought "Rich" would do it.  :no:

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I personally have heard of more failed marriages from those taking their wives abroad than from those living in the Phils ....
I guess two types of reasons for that difference:

1. Moving to an other country can change how they think. Or they noticed incomes, which is "rich" in RP is (almost) "struggling" in many "kano countries", so they didn't became financialy secured by the marriage as they expected. Arguing/disagrements about economy is a common divorce reason between couples in similar age and from same culture too...

2. They were scamers, only wanting the marriage to get a ticket and "Green card" out of RP, so they will leave as soon as they can without losing the right to stay there...

You missred Dave's post. On purpouse? :)

No, Thomas, I read it and understood it.

But having "Just financially secure" tattooed on my forehead didn't appeal, and I thought "Rich" would do it.  :no:

OK  :)   But as I wrote, trying to become financialy secured or rich is two very different things. In most Filipina cases the difference between a good woman and a scammer/golddigger.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I met my lovely wife nearly 30 years ago while stationed in the Philippines. When we met, all of my belongings fit into a sea bag. We rented a really small bungalow,, bought a bed a papasan and a little kitchen table. We were just a couple of kids. Now fast forward 30 years and we have raised a beautiful girl and a boy anyone would be proud to call their son. We've worked hard here in the States, bought the house and filled it with more things than we need. We lived within our means and saved enough to soon retire back to where we started together. My wife still looks great but I have at least a few of the attributes on the list. I guess my point for writing is two part. I believe those who wrote they think giving a girl security is what attracts, and more importantly, keeps a woman, are correct. Security needs to be both financial and emotional. All women want financial security but they'll most likely, especially if you bring them to your home country, have other opportunities to find that. To keep a good woman you must provide, not only financial security but the emotional security they need as well.

Triple like

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

I met my lovely wife nearly 30 years ago while stationed in the Philippines. When we met, all of my belongings fit into a sea bag. We rented a really small bungalow,, bought a bed a papasan and a little kitchen table. We were just a couple of kids. Now fast forward 30 years and we have raised a beautiful girl and a boy anyone would be proud to call their son. We've worked hard here in the States, bought the house and filled it with more things than we need. We lived within our means and saved enough to soon retire back to where we started together. My wife still looks great but I have at least a few of the attributes on the list. I guess my point for writing is two part. I believe those who wrote they think giving a girl security is what attracts, and more importantly, keeps a woman, are correct. Security needs to be both financial and emotional. All women want financial security but they'll most likely, especially if you bring them to your home country, have other opportunities to find that. To keep a good woman you must provide, not only financial security but the emotional security they need as well.

Triple like

Triple LIKE Blues Dude!  We appreciate you coming back to us.  We miss your wonderful photography of the

Philippines.  

Warm regards to you and your family -- Jake

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
1. Moving to an other country can change how they think. Or they noticed incomes, which is "rich" in RP is (almost) "struggling" in many "kano countries", so they didn't became financialy secured by the marriage as they expected. Arguing/disagrements about economy is a common divorce reason between couples in similar age and from same culture too...

Yes ... that is my thoughts as well .... especially if you have not spent a lot of time together .... I'm guessing under a year ..... to many guys bring them over on a spousal visa (may not be a proper term) and before they have a chance to get properly mated for life she like you said meets someone younger and with more money .... it's not hard for them to do as the community of older ... sometimes soured Filipinas .... already living there will see to that .... I have personally know of that happening to two friends I have back in the US .... and one poor guy had it happen twice ..... they spent all that money to only have the girls find different guys once they got there ..... but as I said neither had taken any time to let their romance blossom before bringing them to the US .....

:cheersty:

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Classic Dry, you're the Man!  Most of our concerns was about the Filipina and your OP comes out smacking

us expats right on the ass.  What a way to look at ourselves in the mirror.....it's very thought provoking OP.  

My mirror tells me that I have 7 out of 10 items you listed.  I would like to add a couple more factors that may

affect us: senior citizen moments and ED (erectile dysfunction).  At age 63, the ED part is only minor for me.

Judy knows how to push my buttons (G spots)......he, he.  My senior moments usually occur playing doubles,

going to the wrong side or forgetting the damn score.  

I think it really depends on us male animals to take the initiative no matter how we look like.  And if the Filipina

approaches you first, our immediate response is a make or break deal.  Perhaps a resident expert here could

teach us how to date again, in spite of our physical look and as in my case, extreme shyness.  

Could it be simply a warm smile to break the ice, your gentle manner and social etiquette?  At least you could

show her you washed your hands after scratching your butt and nuts......he, he.

I truly think the chemistry between us and the younger Filipina starts when she really gets to know your heart.  

And when that happens, you're in for a ride of your lifetime.

Respectfully -- Jake

PS....this is me when I was a young stud

attachicon.gifMe with the dggy eyes.JPG

Jake, heck of a Halloween costume!  I now have to post a picture of my friends daughter!  Very freaky!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

This made my day. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I can verify the emotional; SAO earns more than me so I'm not sure if it even came into the equation for her.  I can only put it down to the fact that for her sins, she actually loves me!

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3