Does She Really,really Love You ?

lyno 47
Posted
Posted (edited)

Papa Carl love goes a long way when both of you contribute ,you don't need a lot when the simple pleasures of your wife and daughter give there love to you .A really nice post mate lets all of us know that  happiness is out there for those of us willing to go look for it. :cheersty:

Edited by lyno 47
  • Like 4

paulus
Posted
Posted

I consider myself a very lucky man, to have such a beautiful, caring, understanding and compassionate wife, and a daughter who is the image in every way of her Mummy. To hear my daughter call me "Daddy" is the epitome of pride, joy, and love every time.

I have known my wife for 7 years, only been married for 3, and if I can say all the same after 30 years I will truly be a content and happy man.(that is if I can last another 30 years!)

I know she did not marry me for my money, I was broke when we got married. So I can only hope that in some small way I do offer her security in other areas of her life.

We don't have much, but we have each other, and I know you can not eat love, I know it does not pay the bills, or put a roof over our heads. But in some way that special feeling we have for each other, makes us more satisfied with what we have, and work together to get more.

I am working towards the financial security, and hopefully I will have enough time on this earth, to get it for both my wife and my daughter.

Thanks for sharing, it confirmed what I already know in my heart.

Papa Carl

Mate, your post brings tears to my eyes.  I get the feeling you and your family are invulnerable to life's challenges. You are living my dream.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I consider myself a very lucky man, to have such a beautiful, caring, understanding and compassionate wife, and a daughter who is the image in every way of her Mummy. To hear my daughter call me "Daddy" is the epitome of pride, joy, and love every time.

I have known my wife for 7 years, only been married for 3, and if I can say all the same after 30 years I will truly be a content and happy man.(that is if I can last another 30 years!)

I know she did not marry me for my money, I was broke when we got married. So I can only hope that in some small way I do offer her security in other areas of her life.

We don't have much, but we have each other, and I know you can not eat love, I know it does not pay the bills, or put a roof over our heads. But in some way that special feeling we have for each other, makes us more satisfied with what we have, and work together to get more.

I am working towards the financial security, and hopefully I will have enough time on this earth, to get it for both my wife and my daughter.

Papa Carl

I think a good heart counts for more than anything.  See most Filipinas that I know, still care about the things that matter, it's not about the biggest flat screen, latest SUV, or a quarter acre block in the suburban wasteland;  it's about family and friends and your contribution to that, especially on the emotional front.  Papa Carl and Tuka Ram are truly champions of that cause.. Your stories are inspirational guys, and so are many others on here.  To all of you, stay true to yourself but realise that sometimes you have to compromise the values we've been indoctrinated with as westerners to be truly happy in PI.  What cost the love of a wonderful woman?  Everything.  But hell, just make sure it's real first.  Too many stories of guys that have been bitten.  But don't give up but be careful at the same time. 

Brett (drunken ex-CPOCTS retarded)

• Like 5

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted
in spite of our physical look and as in my case, extreme shyness.
I suffer from terminal shyness,

Although it's off topic, ( that Mike B, He's so strict isn't he ? ) and hardly worthy of a new topic, but I have to commiserate

with you guys.

I don't remember being shy until I was about 40yrs old, then it hit me like a train.

It feels so stupid being shy at my age.

When I meet a woman I'm attracted to, my fear is that she'll see beyond my smile and read in my face immediately

that I want to f--- her. The embarrassment of having my feelings on display so openly is more than I can bear, and

turns me into a blithering idiot.

So I avoid women I'm attracted to like the plague.

Now, isn't that just really, really, really stupid ! ! !

• Like 4

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

There have been same great responses to this topic. Some have made me smile,

and some have made me jealous.

There's no doubt in my mind that many have found love despite, well, whatever.

And I'd like you to know that I hate you all. :)

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl love goes a long way when both of you contribute ,you don't need a lot when the simple pleasures of your wife and daughter give there love to you .A really nice post mate lets all of us know that  happiness is out there for those of us willing to go look for it. :cheersty:

Many thanks, the worst of it is that I really don't believe that I deserve this chance, but maybe that makes me work even harder at it. The other day one of the members came by and I showed him around a few places, I made my excuses about not really knowing that much, as it seems even though I live in the middle of "Sin City" I don't partake of it's many pleasures. Oddly enough before moving here, and before Ellie and I make our commitments to each other, I would visit this place and do what most expats do when they get here.

This has nothing to do with strengths that I possess, I find it easy to live here and not be a part of the "club scene" here.

Papa Carl

Mate, your post brings tears to my eyes.  I get the feeling you and your family are invulnerable to life's challenges. You are living my dream.

Again my thanks for the compliment, most if not all of the credit goes to Ellie and Chiya. I don't know about "invulnerable" as there are times (maybe because of my age) it gets on top of me, but I either go for a walk with my daughter, and we visit the local church, and I hear her say her prayers, and from that moment the problems seem to float away, (at least for a time).

It certainly is not "utopia" but it is much closer than I have ever been before, even when I had more money than I thought was possible.

Papa Carl

I think a good heart counts for more than anything.  See most Filipinas that I know, still care about the things that matter, it's not about the biggest flat screen, latest SUV, or a quarter acre block in the suburban wasteland;  it's about family and friends and your contribution to that, especially on the emotional front.  Papa Carl and Tuka Ram are truly champions of that cause.. Your stories are inspirational guys, and so are many others on here.  To all of you, stay true to yourself but realise that sometimes you have to compromise the values we've been indoctrinated with as westerners to be truly happy in PI.  What cost the love of a wonderful woman?  Everything.  But hell, just make sure it's real first.  Too many stories of guys that have been bitten.  But don't give up but be careful at the same time. 

Brett (drunken ex-CPOCTS retarded)

Many thanks again, but once again I must give the credit to Ellie, she is the one who has made it all possible, before I met here, I was interested in all the wrong things, and focused on my own personal pleasure.

Every day it gets a bit easier, and I learn of more things that I can live without. (Currently living without any cable TV, which sounds trivial, but has been difficult. However I now spend even more time with both Ellie and Chiya, so it has been another learning experience for me.

I agree about the stability factor. From what I have gathered, the responsible, sensible ones, look for an older "established" gentleman (typically 40+). A lot of the burning by the young filipinos influences this and the personal experiences of others have led them down that path.

A lot of filipinas figure that the 40+ crowd are typically, responsible, caring, financially secure (either still working, semi-retired or retired), set in their ways and stable. There are quite a few of us 40+ers that go nuts like kids in a candy store and pay for it in the end. The women here see thru it immediately. But if you are sensible person you will constantly be attracting the right sort. 

The social network of the Philippines is extremely robust and if you are a bar girl chaser, that is all that will flock to you. It will take major changes to bust that type of moniker (change of islands, habits and haunts). 

Personally, I have been with my lady for 10 years. I have finally bit the bullet and will be marrying her in the next couple of months. I am agreeing to do this after many trials and tests (to prove our loyalties to each other) for two reasons (aside from love);

1. To legitimize our relationship in the eyes of the law

2. To be able to provide for her after I am gone legally

For me, this is my 2nd (and last) marriage and I have imparted that upon her. She understands and has been the stellar partner all along.  I will not treat her any differently than I have up until now but the official paperwork means the world to her as she won't be stigmatized by her culture. It also gives her the legal assurances that I am 100% committed to her. 

Jon1, I give you credit, and wish you all that you hope and wish for. This too is my second, (and last marriage). I did not get married the first time until I was in my 30's and thought then it would be the last.

I agree with your reasoning, and I know for Ellie this has helped her to get over the stigma that some people portray of a "young Filipina, with an older Foreigner". 

I have no regrets and I wish the same for you.

in spite of our physical look and as in my case, extreme shyness.

I suffer from terminal shyness,

Although it's off topic, ( that Mike B, He's so strict isn't he ? ) and hardly worthy of a new topic, but I have to commiserate

with you guys.

I don't remember being shy until I was about 40yrs old, then it hit me like a train.

It feels so stupid being shy at my age.

When I meet a woman I'm attracted to, my fear is that she'll see beyond my smile and read in my face immediately

that I want to f--- her. The embarrassment of having my feelings on display so openly is more than I can bear, and

turns me into a blithering idiot.

So I avoid women I'm attracted to like the plague.

Now, isn't that just really, really, really stupid ! ! !

Classic Dry, well said, very well said indeed. Who of us, if we are honest has not felt the same. However as with money, quite often in my life, it was when I was not looking for it, that it presented itself to me. So I hope the same for you, that when you are not looking, SHE will find you!

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted
Although it's off topic, ( that Mike B, He's so strict isn't he ? ) and hardly worthy of a new topic, but I have to commiserate with you guys. I don't remember being shy until I was about 40yrs old, then it hit me like a train. It feels so stupid being shy at my age. When I meet a woman I'm attracted to, my fear is that she'll see beyond my smile and read in my face immediately that I want to f--- her. The embarrassment of having my feelings on display so openly is more than I can bear, and turns me into a blithering idiot. So I avoid women I'm attracted to like the plague. Now, isn't that just really, really, really stupid ! ! ! Classic Dry, well said, very well said indeed. Who of us, if we are honest has not felt the same. However as with money, quite often in my life, it was when I was not looking for it, that it presented itself to me. So I hope the same for you, that when you are not looking, SHE will find you!

Well, if I'm to be honest, Papa Carl, things haven't been quite so bad as that for a while. But the memories of some of those occasions

remain vivid and very painful and can still throw me into a cold sweat just thinking about them.

I remember one woman who I had to interact with ( I was her boss )  was absolutely delighted at my discomfort, would do all she could

to cause it, and draw attention to it to her colleagues, whose boss I also was. Jeez, I hated that bitch. Made my life a misery for a year.

I can still be awkward around an attractive woman but by and large I can cover it. However I know it's there, just waiting to catch me off guard.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Well, if I'm to be honest, Papa Carl, things haven't been quite so bad as that for a while. But the memories of some of those occasions remain vivid and very painful and can still throw me into a cold sweat just thinking about them. I remember one woman who I had to interact with ( I was her boss ) was absolutely delighted at my discomfort, would do all she could to cause it, and draw attention to it to her colleagues, whose boss I also was. Jeez, I hated that bitch. Made my life a misery for a year. I can still be awkward around an attractive woman but by and large I can cover it. However I know it's there, just waiting to catch me off guard.

That's actually called harassment, there are laws against it.  You may still have a case. 

• Like 2