Can I Really Live On $1000 A Month In The Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just like Tuka I plan on doing a lot of nothing,well that is after I find a house to buy and buy a fridge so I can put some beer in it.

lyno, if my retirement is anything to go by, you will need a Good PC and get the best Connection you can , either it is Too Hot or Too Wet to go out, most days, you will be like me and many others, Spending, a lot of time in front of the screen   :3_8_14[1]: :th_unfair:  :wt-hell:  :th_thimage_265775:        Of course when this happens then we ALL, go to the Fridgepost-2148-0-27314300-1407901344_thumb.jp

:thumbsup:  :tiphat:  :cheers:

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack I plan on buying a new laptop just before I  leave oz ,as for the heat I love it the hotter the better[must have some reptile in me] maybe when  out and it rains I will just take a bar of  soap with me .Cheers mate.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have nothing but free time - and I love it!  I have always said I was never meant to work.  But I can sit and do nothing, quite well.   I was doing nothing yesterday but did not finish so I am going to do some more nothing today!  (doing nothing saves a lot of money)   If I get bored I could go outside and watch the banana trees grow...   :tiphat:

Your mileage may vary.

your my sort of man, Tim, made me smile

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

makes me think my £500 budget a month wont go far, but with my Ems and my deep pockets it will go as far as i want it to go, roll on when my feet touch down in the Phils

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It is all well and good to live a minimal lifestyle. However, I often wonder what all my expat brothers do everyday to stay entertained. I get bored easily, and always have to have something constructive to do, otherwise I go nuts :).

Anyone, who are short of hobbies, can get some from me    :)

(Equipment can cost some, but cost (almost) nothing to use, so in the long run it's almost free per month.  Beside the above mensioned computer, e g canoe, table tennis, read and write books, play some music instrument, cards, chess... Study Filipin culture, nature and language,,,)

I will surely get SHORT of time for my hobbies   :boohoo;  because I plan to start a family and business     :dance:

• Like 2

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

makes me think my £500 budget a month wont go far, but with my Ems and my deep pockets it will go as far as i want it to go, roll on when my feet touch down in the Phils

Steve, I take my hat off to you for sharing that! Finally I found someone with less to spend than me. 

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
I certainly won't miss driving or spending an average of 2 to 3 hrs a day in my car.

That is a sentiment that I can relate to!

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Truth be known boys and girls, we will have a bigger budget then that but thats for the just in case,

I am sure that we shall live on a lot less then the £500 per month, this does not include rent , but just day to day living and doing what i think we would want to do each day

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am going to be doing a little traveling and, after when I decide to settle down !(and where... Hehe!), I will be living on a budget of P40,000 a month. Actually I am going to try and make do with even less! Why not? I am living in Canada on $1000 a month comfortably and P40k is about the same, so why not?

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 3