Can I Really Live On $1000 A Month In The Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Very well put Bob, i agree with everything you say, and my budget is still going to be very very low,

I dont intend to have any sort of business over in the Phils at all, so i cannot worry about not making any money to pay the bills, the reason i am going to give the Phils a try is because i want too, if it does not work well i would have lost nothing, i would have had a great holiday, and i would just come back to England and try another country,

Again Bob well said :thumbsup:

Thanks, Steve!  

And now I feel guilty...  hehe!  I am going to be spending my days while it's too hot outside by sitting inside my house and writing...  Self-help books published out of Canada and a novel or two out of Canada and then International after that.  Who knows if I"ll make any money from it but, even if I do, I am still going to stay on a budget of my pension minus my fallback amount.  If I can find a girl who thinks I make just the right amount - or even more than enough - at P40k a year, then she is moving to the front of the line of Bob's Army...  An army of ONE!  Also, have I ever mentioned that, if I ever do get that elusive Big Dollar Published Prize, I want to help support an orphanage and home for unwed mothers?  So, if I want to do that without the big prize, my budget is going to be still P1k a month!  Sometimes you just gotta try to buy yourself a way into Heaven for all the bad you did before...

:rolleyes:  :mocking:

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I believe you could have an apartment or house rented, eat reasonably well and have your utilities for $600 a month, but nothing fancy by western standards.

I've never posted anything to do with budgets before, but by my wife's estimation, living in Marinduque, in a house that's been bought and paid, would be around $600 a month.  That's just for 2 people - utilities, food, smokes and beer.  Transport, trips, incidentals and emergencies are not factored into that.

That, of course, is not our budget, but it's what we've observed from the three to four week visits that we've made.

We will not be eating Western style, since we eat Filipino cuisine even in Toronto.  Neither one of us is big on fish, so it will be largely pork, chicken, beef, and seafood other than fish.

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted
 I am going to be spending my days while it's too hot outside by sitting inside my house and writing...  

Just get a good comfy chair, electric fan, sturdy table and sit on your porch with your laptop and you can write away. I would think that would be a comfortable enough environment to work in. The bigger problem will be all of the distractions :)

• Like 5

pokermike
Posted
Posted

You guys are amazing , i have been here so many times lost count. i know for a fact i have no chance of living on less than $3,000 a month US. iwish i could but its not me. From what i see of the four life long friends i know living here, that $1,000 a month is very tough.  One of them lives on $2500 a month does no bar hopping and he seems to live ok, he says the majic number is $3,000 the next two live on $1800 a month and they say they get buy. The third is living on $900 and is sick and cant afford the medical care he needs. He is in serious trouble. All live in Angels City

So $1,000 is not a good number, i disagree with that greatly , i dont care where you are over here.  poker mike