Can I Really Live On $1000 A Month In The Philippines

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

People here have been robbed and murdered for just being perceived as rich.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

when i get there nobody will know what i make or have. i dont tell my wife  everything. I have told you guys but remote chance if we ever meet. vvi look like i am broke and when i am about , no fancy clothes and do not carry a lot of cash. i am going to try and be low key. the only give away will probably where i live. hopefully has good security. i am worried and will try to be careful/  Thanks

My preference is to maintain a low profile even in the United States. No jewelry; no wristwatch; cheap clam shell mobile phone; clothes you can purchase from Walmart; inexpensive luggage; etc. As a security precaution, try not to attract attention while in the Philippines. I have observed some who might as well hang a sign around their neck, "Rob Me!"

I like to dress similar to (Thai) farmers*.   I'm not sure my gf like that   :mocking:

(Among Filipins it's more common they dress partly in (American) second hand clothes as e g baseball caps.)

*  Something cover the head from the sun.

I prefer shirts, because they can be buttoned up partly.

WIDE (cotton) trausers, so it's a good chance poison snakes will bite in the trousers instead of the leg   :dance:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
WIDE (cotton) trausers, so it's a good chance poison snakes will bite in the trousers instead of the leg 

With loose trousers, the snake will go up the inside of the pant leg and then you will have to get someone to suck the poison out.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

With loose trousers, the snake will go up the inside of the pant leg and then you will have to get someone to suck the poison out.

Even with a Work Permit and a 13 a attached I still would not be applying for the job. Time be getting married I think Thomas!

Built in Nurse comes to mind  :)

Morning All,

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:  (little late up today)

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

If you guys here anything , i am willing to go to work as a restaurant food tester , or possibly a beer tester , thats if the pay is right , only want partime.  Poker Mike

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:unsure:  :hystery:

If you guys here anything , i am willing to go to work as a restaurant food tester , or possibly a beer tester , thats if the pay is right , only want partime.  Poker Mike

Hello, has Poker Mike run out of money before he has even left the US?  :hystery:  :unsure:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

JP doctor said you die,  snake is okay though, tastes like chicken

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas, my cousin used to wear loose trousers, until a large rat ran up the leg of one. He grabbed the rat before it got to his crotch. My cousin had to ask me to cut his pants because he didn't think he could back him down and he sure as hell was not going to let him go.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Your rightI might run out of money before i leave Jack ,  the guy who bought my house wants me out be Decembe 30th my plan was to head straight there, but now i found out that i have to stick around to rolll over my 401k into an IRA after the new year . If i do it now i have a higher tax burden becasue of what i made this year. This year will be fine since i will be a broke bum living in the Philppines. Then i have to wait from my W-2 from my employer usually comes out around middle of January, the next day i file my taxes and i am out of here.

Its high season here so the rental rates are through the roof in Scottsdale. Guess i am going to have to move closer to my daughter in Tempe for a few weeks. So far first place i looked at was $3,300 for 20 days. Scottsdale was a lot more.  Later Poker Mike                         save me a place at the bar

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, my cousin used to wear loose trousers, until a large rat ran up the leg of one. He grabbed the rat before it got to his crotch. My cousin had to ask me to cut his pants because he didn't think he could back him down and he sure as hell was not going to let him go.  :thumbsup:

The trousers can be closed at the ankles, because when I go to extra snake dangerous nature, I wear boots, not flipflops  :)

• Like 1