Problem With Globe Telecom

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I know as of the last 3 weeks my asawa's globe connection has been crap! She can barely stay connected to message back and forth in Facebook. No where near enough data to use yahoo or skype.

She has complained many times and she is told Globe is having technical difficulties with there internet connection.

Hope this helps shine some light on the issue.

If and when you go in to resolve the issue I would be very interested in what they tell you.

Hewy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Globe is nearly always crap down here in Carcar, Cebu Province. Every time we go in the Globe office to report a problem all they say is call Manila. We were in there again today. I felt like saying how in the hell can someone way up in Manila fix a problem in Carcar? The answer is they can't and that's one reason Globe has crap service and always will with idiots running the business.

I think we will be changing to PLDT which has a better record of providing better service and repairs when needed.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The wages for the technicians (as well as all other jobs) is so low that all the good ones become OFWs. Aerobridge operators in Manila get 10,000p but in Kuwait, they get 70,000p. Last year more than 1/2 of them left the PI. Another brain drain keeping the PI in a terd world.

The Globe techs get 10,000p monthly but if they are late for an appointment, for whatever reason being traffic, etc, they get docked 700p. There are other penalties too so they frequently make less than 10k. They sideline on their days off.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Globe is nearly always crap down here in Carcar, Cebu Province. Every time we go in the Globe office to report a problem all they say is call Manila.

From what I can see that Carcar office is a sales and payment center, I wouldn't bother reporting a technical problem to them. Your best bet is to call the help line - 211 from a Globe phone and complain. Their service has greatly improved in the 2 years I've had Globe DSL but it's still a work in progress. The techs that come to your house are outsourced contractors, they don't work directly for Globe, at least in my area.   

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

The wages for the technicians (as well as all other jobs) is so low that all the good ones become OFWs. Aerobridge operators in Manila get 10,000p but in Kuwait, they get 70,000p. Last year more than 1/2 of them left the PI. Another brain drain keeping the PI in a terd world.

The Globe techs get 10,000p monthly but if they are late for an appointment, for whatever reason being traffic, etc, they get docked 700p. There are other penalties too so they frequently make less than 10k. They sideline on their days off.

"if they are late for an appointment, for whatever reason being traffic, etc, they get docked 700p"

Your statement surprised me because the appointment made in Manila seems to have nothing to do with the actual day or time that they show up at my apartment to fix the problem.  Usually its not even the same day of the appointment.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Globe is nearly always crap down here in Carcar, Cebu Province. Every time we go in the Globe office to report a problem all they say is call Manila.

From what I can see that Carcar office is a sales and payment center, I wouldn't bother reporting a technical problem to them. Your best bet is to call the help line - 211 from a Globe phone and complain. Their service has greatly improved in the 2 years I've had Globe DSL but it's still a work in progress. The techs that come to your house are outsourced contractors, they don't work directly for Globe, at least in my area.   

I think you are correct about everything you said except my service has gotten worse this year. There are very few days where I have Internet Service all day and it has gone completely off several times and needed to be repaired. Most of the problems have been due to one of their technicians disconnecting us in one of their cabinets. Two times a tall truck broke the cable coming from the pole. And, recently someone in the Manila office turned off our service by accident. Manila always wants to test the Modem but there has never been a problem with our Modem. Calling Manila is always a waste of at least 30 minutes.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I spoke with a Verizon representative about getting satellite telephone, internet and television service for our RV. I asked about the reliability of their service. He looked at me as if I came from Mars or the Philippines.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

"if they are late for an appointment, for whatever reason being traffic, etc, they get docked 700p"

Your statement surprised me because the appointment made in Manila seems to have nothing to do with the actual day or time that they show up at my apartment to fix the problem.  Usually its not even the same day of the appointment.

We called Globe just twice and the service was number 1. First time, it was a reconnect when we moved and the second time, we had problems losing connection so they changed the modem. The call center gave us a ticket # and time, once same day and next was next morning. Tech came and called in, call center talked to me about if he had uniform with ID. Problems were fixed then call center talked to me if I was satisfied. Tech explained to me the rules and penalties. Maybe if there is competition in the area they do good service, if not, they do bahala na.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We have had better service form Globe over the last 4 years than we ever had from PLDT .... both the service center agents and service techs have been very friendly and knowledgeable ..... the Globe center here in Bacolod SM is out standing .... couldn't ask for better service .... JMHE ...  :t07216: 

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some comments make Globe sound like a very good Internet Service to have. All I know for sure is the last 3 months my wife has called Globe in Manila several times to report our poor Internet Service and its still almost useless.

Sometimes I think they are doing it on purpose because I have never heard of an Internet Cafe having constant problems like we have.

Disconnect a foreigners Internet hoping he will pay you to fix the problem, doesn't sound too far fetched to me.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1