Problem With Globe Telecom

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't say Globe is a "good" service but, in my experience, they've made significant improvement in the 2 years I've had them. 2 years ago they had the "selective browsing" problem where you couldn't connect to google.com and other major sites most of the time because their routing or DNS was so screwed up. My expectations are low and I have a backup when it goes down so I don't get TOO frustrated. You have to call the help line and keep calling if you have a problem. Escalate it to a manager. Eventually, they'll fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
legeorges
Posted
Posted

I had many issues myself with Glove, here in Eastwood Quezon City they promote and sell USB sticks where everyone knows that if you live higher than 5th floor you wont get much signal. 4G? LOL  You better ask to see where they deployed the 4G since actually 3G hardly works in most areas.  BTW, I also tried Smart and Sun USB sticks and I get the same results.  Want an advice? Get BROADBAND Internet, at least you will have decent speeds, and forget the 12 MBPS you had. You can get easily 2 to 5 MBPS which is reasonnable unless you want to download or stream movies.

You get what you pay for.

Cheers!

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I don't know why and will not ask but I am getting fast 11.98 mbps when I am paying for a 2 mbps Globe Tatto

post-2913-0-84666100-1388376407_thumb.jppackage.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
A contract is a 2-way agreement as far as I am concerned. I am meeting my part by paying for the service. They on the other hand are not meeting their part.

have a problem. cant get results,

head still banging against the wall 1%20%28103%29.gif

try the NTC site

http://www.ntc.gov.ph/complaintpage2.php

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

A contract is a 2-way agreement as far as I am concerned. I am meeting my part by paying for the service. They on the other hand are not meeting their part.

try the NTC site

Thank you Ed for the NTC website.  If all else fails, I guess this is where you can register your hand held

family walkie-talkies.  Although the range is very limited, these devices could be a life saver.  

gaga4
Posted
Posted

The wages for the technicians (as well as all other jobs) is so low that all the good ones become OFWs. Aerobridge operators in Manila get 10,000p but in Kuwait, they get 70,000p. Last year more than 1/2 of them left the PI. Another brain drain keeping the PI in a terd world.

The Globe techs get 10,000p monthly but if they are late for an appointment, for whatever reason being traffic, etc, they get docked 700p. There are other penalties too so they frequently make less than 10k. They sideline on their days off.

either way the Philippine gov't does not care. Unfortunately, they prefer for the skilled workers to become OFWs because more money is made by the 'remittances' sent home.

• Like 1

gaga4
Posted
Posted

You don't know what bad service is until you try to 'chat' with Globe online. Their website has a chat feature but good luck on getting anyone to respond. And if they do its like talking to a wall. Same thing when you get tech support on the phone. The techs have no ability to resolve any issue.

Thats what happens when there is no accountability. No such thing as a regulating body like the Public Service Commission in the Philippines. In the US one call to the PSC resolves problems with phone, cable or any communications and utility company.

• Like 1

gaga4
Posted
Posted

try the NTC site

So Ed, have you ever filed a complaint with this agency? And did you get results?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will be buying a couple of throw-away mobile phones and a WiFi connection for a laptop. Globe Telcom sounds problematic. What about another company like Smart? I am not too worried about the cost difference because the service requirement is only one month. 

Edited by JJReyes

jpbago
Posted
Posted

You don't know what bad service is until you try to 'chat' with Globe online. Their website has a chat feature but good luck on getting anyone to respond. And if they do its like talking to a wall. Same thing when you get tech support on the phone. The techs have no ability to resolve any issue.

Thats what happens when there is no accountability. No such thing as a regulating body like the Public Service Commission in the Philippines. In the US one call to the PSC resolves problems with phone, cable or any communications and utility company.

I think that what you are referring to is these Call Centers in PI. Canada was using both India and PI call centers but has dropped many as they are no good. It seems that it is someone with a cheap phone and a rollo-dex asking you to try this, then try that, etc.  I have called the toll free numbers but I immediately asked to be put back through to a Canadian Call Center. I tell them that I am in Canada, I bought this service in Canada with Canadian money so put me thru to Canada. They do with no complaints. I know 2 ladies working at a call center in Bacolod and you are right...it is like talking to the wall. Cheap labor but you get what you pay for.

• Like 1