Problem With Globe Telecom

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Same thing when you get tech support on the phone. The techs have no ability to resolve any issue.

The tier 1 reps answering the phones have little or no technical knowledge, their job is to weed out the most obvious problems and open tickets for anything else. There are qualified network people there but you won't be talking to them. The field techs are the ones with access to higher level support. If you call the Globe Help Line with a technical issue and expect anything more from them than opening or following up on a ticket you are going to be disappointed.   

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't know why and will not ask but I am getting fast 11.98 mbps when I am paying for a 2 mbps Globe Tatto

attachicon.gifCapture 1.JPGpackage.

So youre the reason the other half of the province are getting nothing at all.  :lol:

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Same thing when you get tech support on the phone. The techs have no ability to resolve any issue.

The tier 1 reps answering the phones have little or no technical knowledge, their job is to weed out the most obvious problems and open tickets for anything else. There are qualified network people there but you won't be talking to them. The field techs are the ones with access to higher level support. If you call the Globe Help Line with a technical issue and expect anything more from them than opening or following up on a ticket you are going to be disappointed.   

Field tech???? A field tech has absolutely nothing to do with my wireless speed issues. Maybe if Globe has field equipment issues then they will send their field tech to fix their eqipment.

Globe has a direct phone line for tech support. THat is who I am referring to. If a first level support cannot resolve it then you are transferred to the next level. This is who I am referring to. From my experience, none of these people have the ability to resolve anything. These people seem to be there only for lip service just so there is someone who respond to customers but does not really do anything. It then becomes a vicious cycle going round and round with them.

And as I said, the same thing with their chat line. Even their 'Contact Us' email. I've sent 2 of them 2 months ago. Guess what??? No response. What a bunch of horse pucky!!!

gaga4
Posted
Posted

JP, what does I get what I pay for mean in this case? Also, it should not be my problem which call center answers the phone. I doubt Globe has a call center outside the Philippines. I was in Manila when I was making these calls to their tech support. From the US, I used their website although I did try calling their support line one time and got the same pathetic results.

No offense but I get the impression that many of the posters here are just accepting what they are given be it lousy service or tech support. What happened to fighting for what is right?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
JP, what does I get what I pay for mean in this case?

It means that the call center workers get around 12,000 p monthly. You won't get a professional 4 year degree technician for that because they become OFWs.

"What happened to fighting for what is right?"  

Look around. That red, white, and blue flag you see is not the star spangled banner!

gaga4
Posted
Posted

I will be buying a couple of throw-away mobile phones and a WiFi connection for a laptop. Globe Telcom sounds problematic. What about another company like Smart? I am not too worried about the cost difference because the service requirement is only one month. 

From this experience with Globe, I would try Smart. The only reason I went with Globe is bc of the present money-making system in the Philippines where calls to other than your carrier has a charge and no charge to the same carrier. Unlike in the US, a mobile to mobile call or txt has no charge regardless of carrier.

Since most of the kins had Globe thats the only reason I went with Globe. But what I observed is these kins don't seem to have any clue why they started with Globe in the first place.

But I still am not sure about this system because I noticed that I was depleting my minutes even if I was calling what I thought was the same carrier. Such a screwed up system to put it mildly.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

JP, what does I get what I pay for mean in this case? Also, it should not be my problem which call center answers the phone. I doubt Globe has a call center outside the Philippines. I was in Manila when I was making these calls to their tech support. From the US, I used their website although I did try calling their support line one time and got the same pathetic results.

No offense but I get the impression that many of the posters here are just accepting what they are given be it lousy service or tech support. What happened to fighting for what is right?

In the Philippines there is not really a lot of point to fighting about stuff like this. Philippines is like a living thing, she changes when she is good and ready. For instance, the dept of health has had legislation being waiting for approval since 1980 for better standardised ambulance and emergency room care......here we are 2014....the bill still sits there, and not much has changed since the dept of health forwarded this legislation.....it is just the Philippines way :)

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I don't know why and will not ask but I am getting fast 11.98 mbps when I am paying for a 2 mbps Globe Tatto

attachicon.gifCapture 1.JPGpackage.

So youre the reason the other half of the province are getting nothing at all.  :lol:

Maybe it is like in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Chevy Chase turns on his lights, the rest of the city goes into a brown out.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Field tech???? A field tech has absolutely nothing to do with my wireless speed issues. Maybe if Globe has field equipment issues then they will send their field tech to fix their eqipment.

Yes, you're correct. I was referring to their DSL support and escalation procedures and you're dealing with a different product. Sorry about that. As for fighting for what's right in the Philippines, please let us know how that works out.

• Like 5

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, I disagree. Nothing will change as long as people are complacent.

Not to change topics but whats funny is there are still a lot of Pinoys who are wishing for the Philippines to become a the 51st US State.

Edited by gaga4