Of The Immigration Website Today

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I don't know if I'n reading it right but this is on the Immigration website today

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:
a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and
b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

• Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:
a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and
b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Here is a link I found.  Was it here?  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/234-honorable-secretary

This was above the portion you quoted:

Honorable Secretary of Justice (SOJ) Leila M. de Lima approved Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM 2013-003 on 23 December 2013 which was recommended by Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison. Said issuance provides for the policies and guidelines on the extension and updating of temporary visitor’s visa (TVV).

Allowable Extensions

Makes it look like there is a new rule - in my favor  :)

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is big news!  I am going to go down to Olongapo City BI tomorrow and double check it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is also posted on the BI Facebook page on Dec. 31, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

There are many amusing comments on the Facebook page, about many subjects!   :rolleyes:

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

well I'm off tomorrow as well for my next 2 month, that will be 14 months so I'll check at head office

robert k
Posted
Posted

Wasn't the rule always that you could extend to 16 months and then you would need permission from Manila to stay an additional 6 months? That is what I thought I read some time ago.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Wasn't the rule always that you could extend to 16 months and then you would need permission from Manila to stay an additional 6 months? That is what I thought I read some time ago.

I believe the boss for the local office can/could do it, because the scammer (earlier ?) boss at Dumaguete did sell such permissions for 20 000- 25 000 p (?) each.At least it was said something like that, when that boss got some trouble when a foreigner refused to pay for such and told the police. But the SAME boss had scammed somewhere else earlier, but then he was moved to Dumaguete office, so it seem Phil justice don't even see REPEETED such corruption as any serious crime...  :bash:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe the boss for the local office can/could do it, because the scammer (earlier ?) boss at Dumaguete did sell such permissions for 20 000- 25 000 p (?) each.At least it was said something like that, when that boss got some trouble when

Sorry Thomas but Can I just correct this please, the previous ACO from Dumaguete was never involved in Anything like this at all, He was Promoted after 15 years service at Dumaguete to Mactan Airport as Chief ACO . The Guy mentioned here, is a BOI Lawer from Dumaguete Born and raised. He had never been in service here at all. His illicit games were played in Cebu. I say this now, as I know that he is a keen, Follower of Expat Forums (as many BOI officers are) They obtain a lot of useful information about how we feel from them and I would not want to see any problems arising, from wrong and damaging information, being spread around, I know this Guy Personally and I can tell you all, he is missed, very much as he was such a helpful man, Even to the extent of attending a meeting of another Forum and helping to achieve an outreach Programme  Unfortunately, this was Quickly Stopped by the Commissioner. Far from being dishonest, he was probably Too Honest. Whilst I admit we all hate the BOI there is a Lot, of ill feeling, in the BOI about the way, We, are treated.

As with most things here, People are concerned about their jobs and so they just go with the Flow.

Every now and then we can meet Honest Government Employees, The Previous ACO was one of these. He did what he could within, the Guide lines

I just wanted to set the Record Straight.

His predecessor was his Father-in-law  :dance: YES! he married the Bosses Daughter ( Who, unfortunately Died at 40 last year. We were at the Funeral, which is where, I got to know him Better.)

:tiphat:

As a foot note, My 18 month Extension is in Manila now it cost just an additional 500 php. So the Extension was 3.340 php I get 2 more extended extentions, till my 2 years is up then it goes to the Commissioner. for a further Year if I am Lucky. Fingers crossed on that one  :rolleyes:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

This is also posted on the BI Facebook page on Dec. 31, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

There are many amusing comments on the Facebook page, about many subjects!   :rolleyes:                :th_thbestpost: 

yes indeed like reading another forum       

:hystery: