Of The Immigration Website Today

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been to the Davao City BI in 2014 to see if they have gotten the "Official Memo"?

My 16 months is up in July so still time for things to trickle down, but I was going to get my "Trip Ticket" early to save costs

If I need to go to Manila to extend then I will just leave the country (cost is not much more).

TIA

Dave

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been to the Davao City BI in 2014 to see if they have gotten the "Official Memo"?

My 16 months is up in July so still time for things to trickle down, but I was going to get my "Trip Ticket" early to save costs

If I need to go to Manila to extend then I will just leave the country (cost is not much more).

TIA

Dave

I sent a message to them via their Facebook page yesterday, but they have not answered yet.  I asked which offices can issue it.   They seemed to answer posts fairly rapidly, but the post about this seems to have disappeared, so I tried messaging instead.  I will post if they answer.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Acording to Intermuros office all offices now know about the 36 month extensions.  The only other thing he did say was do not overstay you will be fined and deported

Mike S
Posted
Posted
fined and deported

If I'm going to be deported why the hell would I pay a fine ..... that is just stupid ..... IMHO .....

:cheersty:

• Like 1

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

TIA

Dave

I sent a message to them via their Facebook page yesterday, but they have not answered yet.  I asked which offices can issue it.   They seemed to answer posts fairly rapidly, but the post about this seems to have disappeared, so I tried messaging instead.  I will post if they answer.

Thanks, I will look forward to their reply

Dave

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Acording to Intermuros office all offices now know about the 36 month extensions.  The only other thing he did say was do not overstay you will be fined and deported

You mean, overstay the 36 months?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

fined and deported

If I'm going to be deported why the hell would I pay a fine ..... that is just stupid ..... IMHO .....

:cheersty:

Your choice Mike, pay the fine or stay in jail!  You would not be allowed to leave the country without paying.  Actually I ran across a memo on the website that made a point of the fines that someone will have to pay if they are deported.  It is not just an overstay fee.  There are other fines if you are deported.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You mean, overstay the 36 months?

Good question.

Just overstaying for a short time on your normal extensions will not get you deported.  People overstay all the time and just pay the small fine when the go to renew late.  If you are really late, like months or years, that might be another story.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They got back to me yesterday but the answer was vague, at best, and also incorrect, IMHO.

It appeared that it was a copy / paste of a standard answer to the old extension policy, where it had to be approved by the commissioner.   They concluded by saying this had to be done at Intermuros.

My question was worded:  (I quoted the memo and the new policy, then...)  Olongapo City office told me they are not allowed to avail these new extensions over 16 months yet.  Can you tell me where these new extensions are available and when will they be available in Olongapo City?

I know someone who has extended to 18 months at the Makati Extension office, so I consider this communication with them on Facebook to be worthless.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

They got back to me yesterday but the answer was vague, at best, and also incorrect, IMHO.

It appeared that it was a copy / paste of a standard answer to the old extension policy, where it had to be approved by the commissioner.   They concluded by saying this had to be done at Intermuros.

My question was worded:  (I quoted the memo and the new policy, then...)  Olongapo City office told me they are not allowed to avail these new extensions over 16 months yet.  Can you tell me where these new extensions are available and when will they be available in Olongapo City?

I know someone who has extended to 18 months at the Makati Extension office, so I consider this communication with them on Facebook to be worthless.

Well Thanks for sharing it anyway