Of The Immigration Website Today

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its also similar to the traffic laws, obeying them is optional.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

as we know the BI has a dress code,

I have found a poster of whats acceptable & not

post-1293-0-47550800-1390459857_thumb.pn

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifdress code bi.png

Often wondered how stringently they enforce that.  I guess it's a matter of not giving them an excuse to make life difficult. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifdress code bi.png

Often wondered how stringently they enforce that.  I guess it's a matter of not giving them an excuse to make life difficult. 

Well it used to be stricter and yes enforced most times from what I hear. Now they made it easier so if anyone could not put on a clean pair of shorts, a T shirt and flip flops deserves to be left standing in the street.  :)

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Well it used to be stricter and yes enforced most times from what I hear. Now they made it easier so if anyone could not put on a clean pair of shorts, a T shirt and flip flops deserves to be left standing in the street. 

I agree.  I thought the old rules were off a bit for a tropical country.  The new rules are better and seem to be about what they were letting get by before, when I visited Sta Rosa and Olongapo City BI.  

If you can't meet the new rules for visiting a government office that is going to grant you permission to stay in the country, then you have some other issues.  

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
If you can't meet the new rules for visiting a government office that is going to grant you permission to stay in the country, then you have some other issues.

The one and only time I went to the US Embassy in Cebu I couldn't believe how some guys were dressed .... now I'm not sure if they were there for official business or just hanging around but it was VERY tacky .... and I'm a casual type of guy ... they would have failed all the requirements for dress at the BI ....

:cheersty:  

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree! Places such as embassies should qualify for a slightly better than casual dress. Heck, even a business casual look? JMHO

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Mike, the office in Cebu City is a Consulate, like a junior office of the Embassy. They basically prepare paperwork to send to the Embassy in Manila and collect fees. I don't think the same dress code would apply. My understanding is that the 2 or 3 people working there are unpaid volunteers and when they decide to leave that office will close. I've only been there 3 or 4 times and usually there are only a few people but the last time I went coincided with a Social Security outreach day and it was packed. There was one guy about 70, maybe 6 ft 5 in dressed in bright yellow shirt and shorts. Every time he bent way down to talk to the guy in the window he mooned the entire audience. 

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Mike, the office in Cebu City is a Consulate, like a junior office of the Embassy. They basically prepare paperwork to send to the Embassy in Manila and collect fees. I don't think the same dress code would apply. My understanding is that the 2 or 3 people working there are unpaid volunteers and when they decide to leave that office will close. I've only been there 3 or 4 times and usually there are only a few people but the last time I went coincided with a Social Security outreach day and it was packed. There was one guy about 70, maybe 6 ft 5 in dressed in bright yellow shirt and shorts. Every time he bent way down to talk to the guy in the window he mooned the entire audience. 

Yes you are right but the Counselor there has been there a long time and if I'm not mistaken he is paid by the US government .... talked to him when we went there for a short while as a friend of mine knows him personally .... he (the counselor has has several Harley's so we had something in common) we talked about when he used to live in the US ... nice guy .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There was one guy about 70, maybe 6 ft 5 in dressed in bright yellow shirt and shorts. Every time he bent way down to talk to the guy in the window he mooned the entire audience. 

Ok, I lowered my standards, a lot, and downloaded the movie Bad Grandpa, a Jackass movie.  The other Jackass movies, as far as I know, are about doing stupid stunts.  This one was different.  They dress a younger guy up as a grandpa, and then they stage hidden camera pranks using some actors and some unknowing real people.  Then they string all the pranks together into a story.

If you can get by the bad stuff, there are some really funny scenes with the old guy, pulling old guy pranks on real people.  The "old guy in the yellow shorts" Mike mentioned sounded like a scene in the movie.  It is worth seeing just for a few of those scenes, in my juvenile opinion!

It is definitely not for kids, even though it stars a young kid!  I'm not sure how they did that.