Of The Immigration Website Today

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

And now for the rest of the story . .  past 16 months requires special written permission from BI Manila and pasty 24 months requires you to be in hospital or in jail.   :nudie: but it sounds good on the web site

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

And now for the rest of the story . .  past 16 months requires special written permission from BI Manila and pasty 24 months requires you to be in hospital or in jail.   :nudie: but it sounds good on the web site

Dave, are you sure about this?  It would appear that the 16 month rule is changing but of course appearances don't mean much.  I was going to print it out and stop by BI Olongapo next week, but I won't waste my time if it is definitely not applicable.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am sure about it as of 3 months ago but the only thing constant at BI is change 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:

What happened to the 6 month extension?

I don't understand why a non-visa required nationals is required to get a visa extension.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did not know if I was 24 or 36 month so I wrote to immigration via their Facebook page and got a reply from them already.  They said the tourist visa for a US passport holder can now be extended up to 36 months!  It is still 2 months at a time unless you go to Manila and do 6 months.

Sorry I did ask about other nationalities  :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:

What happened to the 6 month extension?

I don't understand why a non-visa required nationals is required to get a visa extension.

The non-visa required national means we can enter without a visa.  And get something like a tourist visa 9 (a) here.  You can come here for 30 days with no visa.  You can now extend it (2 or 6 months at a time) up to 24 or 36 months, depending on where you are from. To go to the US a Filipino has to get a visa before they even go.  So we have it much easier than they do.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK TR, thanks. I thought that a non-visa required national would need a non-extension.

But you say: So we have it much easier than they do.

My wife gets a 6 month visa to Canada for 3050 p. Which would you prefer?

And she doesn't have to leave home to get it. The courier comes to pick up the application and the courier delivers the visa.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 1

Duma
Posted
Posted

Wasn't the rule always that you could extend to 16 months and then you would need permission from Manila to stay an additional 6 months? That is what I thought I read some time ago.

Yes you are correct its been 24 months but the last 6 months has been the permission of Manila head office

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

OK TR, thanks. I thought that a non-visa required national would need a non-extension.

But you say: So we have it much easier than they do.

My wife gets a 6 month visa to Canada for 3050 p. Which would you prefer?

And she doesn't have to leave home to get it. The courier comes to pick up the application and the courier delivers the visa.

To go to the US a Filipino has to get a visa before they even go. So we have it much easier than they do.

I don't know about Canada.  But for the US... we got it easier coming here than they have going there. And now I can stay 36 months without leaving - so it is awesome!

We are just starting the visa process for my fiance... it sucks!  (I wish she would ha ha)  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
'Thomas', on 09 Jan 2014 - 11:58 PM, said: I believe the boss for the local office can/could do it, because the scammer (earlier ?) boss at Dumaguete did sell such permissions for 20 000- 25 000 p (?) each.At least it was said something like that, when that boss got some trouble when Sorry Thomas but Can I just correct this please, the previous ACO from Dumaguete was never involved in Anything like this at all, He was Promoted after 15 years service at Dumaguete to Mactan Airport as Chief ACO . The Guy mentioned here, is a BOI Lawer from Dumaguete Born and raised. He had never been in service here at all. His illicit games were played in Cebu. I say this now, as I know that he is a keen, Follower of Expat Forums (as many BOI officers are) They obtain a lot of useful information about how we feel from them and I would not want to see any problems arising, from wrong and damaging information, being spread around, I know this Guy Personally and I can tell you all, he is missed, very much as he was such a helpful man, Even to the extent of attending a meeting of another Forum and helping to achieve an outreach Programme Unfortunately, this was Quickly Stopped by the Commissioner. Far from being dishonest, he was probably Too Honest. Whilst I admit we all hate the BOI there is a Lot, of ill feeling, in the BOI about the way, We, are treated.
Do you mean EITHER of the now or a rather recent earlier BOI boss in Dumaguete did scam concerning such extentions?

I don't remember name, but I remember for sure it was told a while ago a foreigner (American ?) refused to pay such corruption and reported when someone in Dumaguete demanded much pay to give such extra extension. I suppouse it was a person in position to give such extra extensions.  Isn't it only the office boss who can make such?