Of The Immigration Website Today

jpbago
Posted
Posted
We are just starting the visa process for my fiance.

We don't have the fiancee visa so we use the Temporary Resident Visa or tourist visa. It is about 6 pages online. First time, it was difficult in getting the names and birth dates of her 9 siblings. As you have seen in earlier posts on nicknames and ID challenges, many here do not know what their name is or when they were born. Once we got that straightened out, we saved it all online and now only need to change the dates on the application for each next visa.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Do you mean EITHER of the now or a rather recent earlier BOI boss in Dumaguete did scam concerning such extentions? I don't remember name, but I remember for sure it was told a while ago a foreigner (American ?) refused to pay such corruption and reported when someone in Dumaguete demanded much pay to give such extra extension. I suppouse it was a person in position to give such extra extensions.  Isn't it only the office boss who can make such?

Thomas my Friend, somehow this has appeared on the wrong Topic but no matter I will answer any way.

The guilty BOI Officer was working in Cebu. the ONLY reason that Dumaguete, was ever mentioned was because that, is where he Lives. He has never worked at the Dumaguete Office at all.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thank You Mike, I trust this will be the last we hear of this somewhat, mistaken Identity, of an innocent man, this time

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank You Mike, I trust this will be the last we hear of this somewhat, mistaken Identity, of an innocent man, this time

You're right Jack .... the guy worked out of Mandaue BI office ....

Not only that but this guy has been accused before ... some guys on a Yahoo group claim to have been scammed more than 10 years ago by this same guy .... when we got our 13a it was so bad in Cebu that they actually sent a BI lawyer down from Manila to oversee the proceedings as they had so many complaints about this guy and one other person associated with that office (she has sense left the BI office) .... we were very lucky to get the lawyer from Manila ... he was extremely nice and very professional with his questions and answers ....

Want to spend some time reading about the corruption in the Mandaue BI office search Google .... even the clerks were getting their fair share we were asked to pay p500 for postage twice by the same girl and of course NO RECEIPT ..... (postage is not paid as they send it to Manila in bulk) ....

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The guilty BOI Officer was working in Cebu. the ONLY reason that Dumaguete, was ever mentioned was because that, is where he Lives. He has never worked at the Dumaguete Office at all.
I see. It was told in a forum topic the same official had been fired/moved from other office after scaming there too, so I thought he was "deported" to Dumaguete   :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I see. It was told in a forum topic the same official had been fired/moved from other office after scaming there too, so I thought he was "deported" to Dumaguete

Nope to Mactan ..... where I'm sure he will be an asset .... :mocking: ..... or should that be he will increase HIS assets ..... :hystery:

:cheersty:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did not know if I was 24 or 36 month so I wrote to immigration via their Facebook page and got a reply from them already.  They said the tourist visa for a US passport holder can now be extended up to 36 months!  It is still 2 months at a time unless you go to Manila and do 6 months.

Sorry I did ask about other nationalities  :tiphat:

Great!  I have had computer problems so I have not been online much and I also have not been to BI yet, but I know of someone who extended from 16 to 18 months already.  No issues.  Fees were the same, a bit over p2700 for 2 months.  I should be able to cancel my visa run trip, but I will do so after I extend to 18 months.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did not know if I was 24 or 36 month so I wrote to immigration via their Facebook page and got a reply from them already.  They said the tourist visa for a US passport holder can now be extended up to 36 months!  It is still 2 months at a time unless you go to Manila and do 6 months.

Sorry I did ask about other nationalities  :tiphat:

Great!  I have had computer problems so I have not been online much and I also have not been to BI yet, but I know of someone who extended from 16 to 18 months already.  No issues.  Fees were the same, a bit over p2700 for 2 months.  I should be able to cancel my visa run trip, but I will do so after I extend to 18 months.

Bad news here in Olongapo City BI.  I stopped by and they said are aware of it, but said they have not got the official memo authorizing them to use it.  They said I could get it in Manila.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Bad news here in Olongapo City BI.  I stopped by and they said are aware of it, but said they have not got the official memo authorizing them to use it.  They said I could get it in Manila.

That is bad news indeed.  You know they act these offices are franchises.  Offer available at participating retailers...

• Like 3