Of The Immigration Website Today

jpbago
Posted
Posted

fined and deported

If I'm going to be deported why the hell would I pay a fine ..... that is just stupid ..... IMHO .....

:cheersty:

Your choice Mike, pay the fine or stay in jail!  You would not be allowed to leave the country without paying.  Actually I ran across a memo on the website that made a point of the fines that someone will have to pay if they are deported.  It is not just an overstay fee.  There are other fines if you are deported.

Yes, Mike, that info was in the video that you last posted about the German man and Foreign Justice. You stay in jail until you pay the fines for overstaying,  being an  undocumented alien, and I am sure they will find others like express lane fees, postage, ACR card, etc

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You don't expect them to deport you for free... you are a rich foreigner so they will certainly have many fees you can pay before they kick you butt out ha  ha

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't know if I'n reading it right but this is on the Immigration website today

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:

a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and

b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

It is true and apparently only available at Intramuros Manila, for now.  Today I extended from 16 to 22 months using this new rule and a 6 month extension.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I don't know if I'n reading it right but this is on the Immigration website today

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:

a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and

b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

It is true and apparently only available at Intramuros Manila, for now.  Today I extended from 16 to 22 months using this new rule and a 6 month extension.

Have a friend that just did this in Cebu too, not sure if you can do it in the "lesser" offices though.  I'll be going through the Dumaguete BI (BOI is board of investments - please stop using it as an an acronym, it creates confusion)  office when I arrive permanently, be keen to hear of anyone elses experiences.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

(BOI is board of investments - please stop using it as an an acronym, it creates confusion      :th_exactly:          )

:AddEmoticons04230:                              :th_thanx:  I totally concur it does get confusing at times

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
(BOI is board of investments - please stop using it as an an acronym, it creates confusion) 

Agreed.  BIR is another acronym used incorrectly in place of BI,  It is the Bureau of Internal Revenue

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I used BOI a long time ago, was scolded (by Dave or Jgf? :) ) and stopped using it.  It is stuck in an old topic header that I can't change.  Who used it recently?

:th_unfair:    :hystery:

• Like 1