Tourist Visa Extension Now Requires A Picture

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I have never had to fill out a form at NAIA for the first extension.

The first part of the new form asks Months Requested but you can't get months at arrival, only 29 days. Next to that it asks Months Stayed, well you haven't even got through immigration yet. Doh!!

Maybe this form is for when you go to the local BI.

Do you still need a copy of your passport picture page?

Did you mean that one can or could not get the 6 months extension visa when he lands in NAIA airport? Or is it only 30 days period, on landing?

I will be flying to Manila from the US for first time and would like to have the longest possible tourist visa. So, is it possible at the airport?

You get 30 days on arrival and then if you want, a 29 day extension at the airport BI. Ask at the immigration desk. Bring a 2 by 2 picture and 2750p.

Search the visa section for info on the 6 month visa.

Alby
Posted
Posted

I have never had to fill out a form at NAIA for the first extension.

The first part of the new form asks Months Requested but you can't get months at arrival, only 29 days. Next to that it asks Months Stayed, well you haven't even got through immigration yet. Doh!!

Maybe this form is for when you go to the local BI.

Do you still need a copy of your passport picture page?

Did you mean that one can or could not get the 6 months extension visa when he lands in NAIA airport? Or is it only 30 days period, on landing?

I will be flying to Manila from the US for first time and would like to have the longest possible tourist visa. So, is it possible at the airport?

You get 30 days on arrival and then if you want, a 29 day extension at the airport BI. Ask at the immigration desk. Bring a 2 by 2 picture and 2750p.

Search the visa section for info on the 6 month visa.

Jpago,

I am going to Davao right away so does that mean, airports can't give extensions and that I had to get them where I go?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Alby, you can leave NAIA with 59 days in your pocket, then get 2 month extensions in Davao.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Alby, you can leave NAIA with 59 days in your pocket, then get 2 month extensions in Davao.

So I can ask the immigration officer at NAIA to give me 2 months then?

Actually, knowing how anything is possible, I will ask him to give me whatever he could!

Any idea how to pay? Credit cards or should it be cash?

I will be doing the run for sure in Davao but I would like for it to be an eternity first :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The 29 days is not an extension, it is a visa waiver. This waiver takes you until 59 days, which is the maximum days Airport immigration can give you. Then, you can start your extensions. which have to be applied for at an immigration office, this is because they will do a background check and issue an Immigration Clearance Certificate. This clearance will reveal if you have any black marks against you. The Airport have no way of checking on this and certainly no time on your arrival So 30 days on your Passport entry and a further waiver of 29 pays = 59 maximum as per immigration rules  (as of now :rolleyes: ) but of course, tomorrow is another day.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

The 29 days is not an extension, it is a visa waiver. This waiver takes you until 59 days, which is the maximum days Airport immigration can give you. Then, you can start your extensions. which have to be applied for at an immigration office, this is because they will do a background check and issue an Immigration Clearance Certificate. This clearance will reveal if you have any black marks against you. The Airport have no way of checking on this and certainly no time on your arrival So 30 days on your Passport entry and a further waiver of 29 pays = 59 maximum as per immigration rules  (as of now :rolleyes: ) but of course, tomorrow is another day.

Thanks dude!

How to pay the extra 29 days thu? CC, ATM or should I carry cash? I don't like carrying cash though?

And you are very right... It's more fun the Philippines :)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
CC, ATM or should I carry cash?

Cash

Alby
Posted
Posted

CC, ATM or should I carry cash?

Cash

Ouch :)

I will change some before I go then...

Thanks!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How to pay the extra 29 days thu? CC, ATM or should I carry cash? I don't like carrying cash though?

:unsure: They will insist on cash ( Piso )

Their view is, that only cash will ensure that there is no comeback ( stolen C/C card, fake dollars)

Best you carry at least 4.000 php. I always bring 10.000 ( gives me a little for the day after, till I get settled) depending where your layover is, you should, be able to get piso at an exchange in the Airport. there are no ATM's before Immigration in the PI (well at least as far, as I have experienced)

Be lucky.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

:unsure: They will insist on cash ( Piso )

Their view is, that only cash will ensure that there is no comeback ( stolen C/C card, fake dollars)

Best you carry at least 4.000 php. I always bring 10.000 ( gives me a little for the day after, till I get settled) depending where your layover is, you should, be able to get piso at an exchange in the Airport. there are no ATM's before Immigration in the PI (well at least as far, as I have experienced)

Be lucky.

You mean don't make these immigration officers think? KISS principle? :)

I will xoom myself some 4000 pesos coz I will be flying non stop from San Fran to Manila and won't have a chance to change money.

Thanks!