The Filipino & A Filipina

Americano
Posted
Posted

On one visit to Cebu I met a gal, either 20 or 21 yrs, with a couple of kids, one a 2 or 3 yrs, the other not yet a year.

She tells me the father is some shop owner in Cebu. The "deal" made beween him and the parents/her was that once she was 18 she would become his gf in exchange for him paying for the elder sister's college.

A f...ed up deal if you ask me. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

On one visit to Cebu I met a gal, either 20 or 21 yrs, with a couple of kids, one a 2 or 3 yrs, the other not yet a year.

She tells me the father is some shop owner in Cebu. The "deal" made beween him and the parents/her was that once she was 18 she would become his gf in exchange for him paying for the elder sister's college.

I'm going to call it what it is:  Prostitution.  Paint it with whatever brush you like.  I guess the world's oldest profession comes in many guises.  As long as no harm is being done, both parties are consensual, and of their own free will, there is nothing legally untoward going on.   That whole situation smacks of something that makes my moral compass go haywire though.  Perhaps a discussion for another thread?

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Prostitution is paying for sex so I can't disagree with your statement Brett. Most Filipinos don't seem to understand what prostitution or even stealing is so I'm sure they don't see it as prostitution.

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

No they see it as a practical solution to a problem they most likely could not solve on there own

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

No they see it as a practical solution to a problem they most likely could not solve on there own

Comes down to individual societal norms I'm thinking.  Bit like an older guy with a much younger woman in certain parts of the world  :541:.

All you guys with much more experience in PI than I have, is it a common thing to see the situation that northtoalaska mentioned or even an older Filipino with a younger Filipina?  Haven't really taken much notice tbh.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well not really any different than the UK.

The man supplies the woman pays in sex

• Like 3

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

It is very common for the locals to have several women on the go at once

A good friend explained it like this to me

For every 10k in pesos you earn you should have a mistress to spread your cash around to more families

Many older pinos have young mistresses and even more of the girls have what is called side lines

It's really not moral thing in there mind it's practical and very very common

The amount of girls I know with sideline guys is

Huge and not all are expats

• Like 4

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

A f...ed up deal if you ask me.

Yes that is pretty xxxx up, more so because the deal was made in advance.

A lot of lower class Filipinos expect their "boyfriend" to pay for family stuff if he is rich.

However, many educated Filipinas do not expect this, and would consider it morally questionable, just as the average "American" would.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

You can't compare life here with life back home. Here, anyone with a bit of money in Philippines can afford multiple house helpers. This changes the husband/wife dynamic for the middle class because the middle class in UK can't afford live in helpers. British men need a wife to do housework and take care of kids. In many cases that's more important than sex which tends to dry up in long marriages anyway.

jon1
Posted
Posted

I think that this could apply to any relationship worldwide that the man is the sole supplier of income.

However, the woman is still bringing in more than just sex. She is at a minimum the household caretaker and nanny if she bears children.

I find it funny that how the History channel is saying that today's generation of Asian dad's are not like their grandfathers (the stern disciplinarian that provides for the family and little else). That today's generation is more accepting to share the burden of the household responsibilities to include children care. All of which is narrated by a person with perfect American english. 

• Like 2