The Filipino & A Filipina

Americano
Posted
Posted

I know three Filipinos whom I trust; an Editor in Makati , an archaeologist in Cagayan de Oro and, remarkably, a driver, in Olongapo. 

I know three Filipinas whom I trust - a care giver working in the States, a manager of an IT business in Subic and a pharmacist in San Fernando, Pampanga

There may be more, but I have met these..

I really appreciate your comments but what was your point here?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I just saw on BBC World News that you can now spend up to 7 years in prison in England for forced marriage. Its about time countries started making laws against this human rights violation.  Every female has the right to choose her own husband and who she wants to have sex with.

If that is true I would never be having sex. Just kidding Philip :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

I had a party and about 50 Filipinos and Filipina attended. I alway leave a small amount of cash on a shelf by the front door, After the party the money was still there. People are the same every where, There are good and bad. More good than bad.

It would be nice if you said which country you were in when this happened.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I know three Filipinos whom I trust; an Editor in Makati , an archaeologist in Cagayan de Oro and, remarkably, a driver, in Olongapo. 

I know three Filipinas whom I trust - a care giver working in the States, a manager of an IT business in Subic and a pharmacist in San Fernando, Pampanga

I was just pointing out that there are Filipinos whom I trust completely.I just sat down and added them up. 

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Yes what I was trying to say is you find honesty and dishonesty everywhere not just the Philippines.  It may be corrupt but which country isn't.  other countries are just better at hiding it 

Maybe you are right, Some people are not smart enough to hide it.  Hello Philippines.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I was just pointing out that there are Filipinos whom I trust completely.I just sat down and added them up. 

I'm sorry for not understanding what you were sharing with us. You have been a very good source of information.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I know one Filipina I trust, my wife and I know one Filipino I trust, her father.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
what does it say about the morals of Filipinos? No morals = a dishonest, lying, thieving and corrupt people.
Well. Yes, SOME, rather many,

BUT there are many honest ones too.

Beside "kano prices" * , it's less than 10 Filipins, who have tried to scam me. Perhaps they think they better leave me alone, when they see me  :hystery:    because part of my look (=long hair) for many Filipins mean criminal,

although in Sweden it mean sportsman and/or creative worker.

*Although "kano prices" is NOT a cheat action, it's a part of the Filipin CULTURE, which expect people with more money to pay more, that goes for rich Filipins too.  But a problem is they think all "kanos" are rich - but in their point of view all "kanos" ARE "rich", because otherwice we couldn't afford to travel to the Philippines     :)

It may be corrupt but which country isn't. other countries are just better at hiding it
I don't agree about that. Corruption EXCIST in all countries, but at much different levels.  Accirding to some investigation Denmark (or was it Norway ?) have least corruption.

In Sweden most are public, which are hidden in other countries, Sweden have tried hard to make things public in EU too, but have failed so far.   Several journalists have as main work checking politicians trying to sneak get things. This Swedish public policy have e g made

/one MINISTER forced to leave government after media had found he hadn't paid the TV licence fee, although his minister work including TV.

/the leader of the bigest political party, and expected next prime minister back then, had to leave after media had found she had paid a chockolate bar with her parlament credit card!    :hystery: 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
  I'm sorry for not understanding what you were sharing with us. You have been a very good source of information.

I should have made myself clearer; I mean these are really good friends whom I completely trust, financially, ethically, any way.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I would find the typical dishonest and lazy Filipinos do a complete turn around when they are exposed to western work ethics or culture.
Sure. Otherwice wouldn't Filipins be so popular to hire as OFW.