Colonoscopy

robert k
Posted
Posted

I don't even play a doctor on TV but I don't fully trust doctors anymore, the profit motive is just too strong. I did some repair on a finger that a guy mostly severed on the fan blade of a running piece of heavy equipment. It healed and he had full use of it and even most of the feeling came back into it, but he still complained that I put it back on just a little crooked, from which I gather that some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

My non-professional advice is go ahead and take to 500mg tablets for the first day, it's what I would do. If you want to break them in half or quarters after that, that would work too. Many doctors I saw when I was young, including some family members who were doctors told me to up the dosage the first day or two days to jump start the process.

When I go see a doctor, generally I tell them that you can prescribe whatever pills you want but I'm getting a shot before I walk out. Since you have had this going on so long, even a vitamin shot may be helpful for you, if nothing else. Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :tiphat:

As a post script, I did have some LBM on my first trip. I purposely brushed my teeth with Manila tap water to introduce some local microorganisms in miniscule amounts so I would not be virgin territory and I think it stood me in good stead when I drank some, I believe unpurified service water (about 2 weeks after my arrival), I experienced the LBM of about 4 days, which I just chugged Gaviscon for and took a few imodium capsules that I was given, but it passed. If I were just going on vacation, I would drink nothing but bottled water or beer that I uncapped myself.

Now for the disclaimer, use at your own risk, side effects may include death and if symptoms of death persist for more than three days, consult your physician. :)

• Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

Over 40 replies talking about sh&t  :hystery:

• Like 4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I don't even play a doctor on TV but I don't fully trust doctors anymore, the profit motive is just too strong. I did some repair on a finger that a guy mostly severed on the fan blade of a running piece of heavy equipment. It healed and he had full use of it and even most of the feeling came back into it, but he still complained that I put it back on just a little crooked, from which I gather that some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

My non-professional advice is go ahead and take to 500mg tablets for the first day, it's what I would do. If you want to break them in half or quarters after that, that would work too. Many doctors I saw when I was young, including some family members who were doctors told me to up the dosage the first day or two days to jump start the process.

When I go see a doctor, generally I tell them that you can prescribe whatever pills you want but I'm getting a shot before I walk out. Since you have had this going on so long, even a vitamin shot may be helpful for you, if nothing else. Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :tiphat:

As a post script, I did have some LBM on my first trip. I purposely brushed my teeth with Manila tap water to introduce some local microorganisms in miniscule amounts so I would not be virgin territory and I think it stood me in good stead when I drank some, I believe unpurified service water (about 2 weeks after my arrival), I experienced the LBM of about 4 days, which I just chugged Gaviscon for and took a few imodium capsules that I was given, but it passed. If I were just going on vacation, I would drink nothing but bottled water or beer that I uncapped myself.

Now for the disclaimer, use at your own risk, side effects may include death and if symptoms of death persist for more than three days, consult your physician. :)

One of the reasons we don't take large intial doses of drugs is because the first pass effect is so high for most drugs, that is why for most drugs you take the specific drug in durations, ie 3 or 4 times daily. In this way you get the intended therapeutic effect intended by the AB or drug of choice.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I don't trust any doctors and that's why I believe everyone should always be studying and become their own doctor. You can know more about your body than another person does.

Immediately recommending a Colonoscopy seems backwards to me.  When you have a headache do you go for a brain scan or do you take medication for a headache?  Most of us try to treat a symptom the easy and natural way before we give up and try the expensive and unnatural ways.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

One of the reasons we don't take large intial doses of drugs is because the first pass effect is so high for most drugs, that is why for most drugs you take the specific drug in durations, ie 3 or 4 times daily. In this way you get the intended therapeutic effect intended by the AB or drug of choice.

Yeah after some reasearch they said for the metro drug that its 15 MG per kilo of body weight initial than 7 mg kilo maintenance so around 1200 / 600 per day.  I guess can do two tablets and then 1 tablet... which would probably be ok.. will check with another doctor first....

I am just waiting for my next poo to determine next course of action haven't had any movement in about 20 hours now for some reason...

brock
Posted
Posted

You had Diarrhea for 3 weeks, now you have not been to the toilet for over 20 hours,,,so the problem is solved now by the looks of it

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Yeah after some reasearch they said for the metro drug that its 15 MG per kilo of body weight initial than 7 mg kilo maintenance so around 1200 / 600 per day.  I guess can do two tablets and then 1 tablet... which would probably be ok.. will check with another doctor first....

I am just waiting for my next poo to determine next course of action haven't had any movement in about 20 hours now for some reason...

Make sure you still keep your fluids up.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Did any of the doctors explain the health risk of having a Colonoscopy?  Trying to force the instrument to make the sharp turns in your colon can cause rips and tears in the delicate colon wall. I'm sure they didn't mention the health risk because all they can see is dollar signs from the rich foreigner.

Shol
Posted
Posted

You had Diarrhea for 3 weeks, now you have not been to the toilet for over 20 hours,,,so the problem is solved now by the looks of it

Well not if it comes back non solid when I do end up pooing. 

Make sure you still keep your fluids up.

Thanks Mike... taking the hydrate salts and drinking liek a lot of water... and monitoring my pee for concentration...

Shol
Posted
Posted

Did any of the doctors explain the health risk of having a Colonoscopy?  Trying to force the instrument to make the sharp turns in your colon can cause rips and tears in the delicate colon wall. I'm sure they didn't mention the health risk because all they can see is dollar signs from the rich foreigner.

of the ones i saw none of them suggested any sort of treatment at all when they heard it was +2 weeks.. Immediate colonscopy.  No bacterial or any sort of treatment.  And then of course I am scared a bit and want to do the right thing it is my life and health here. 

i was discouraged when he suggested i go to a certain hospital quoted me an amount and then I found out from the emergency in the hospital that he was quoting me 15k for a professional fee where a lot of doctors will ask 8 or so..... hard to trust that ... blah

Anyway this forum has been great whether I live or die :)