Colonoscopy

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Foreigners can get worms too so I think it may be a good idea for us to take Antiox at least once a year. I have taken it one time but didn't see any worms, but I don't eat pork or any sea which probably reduces my chance of getting worms.

Someone with a medical background can help out on this one. My understanding is parasitic worms comes from swimming or bathing in contaminated water. Another source is under cooked meat.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Shol,

Sounds like you are on the right track to get well and I hope you're well soon.

There's one other thing that needs to be mentioned when talking about digestive or bowl problems.  The Philippines Department of Education estimates that about 40% of school children have worms and recommends that they take de-worming medicine twice each school year. The name of the medicine which anyone can buy in most Pharmacies is Mebendazole Antiox. The dosage is just one 500mg tablet.

Last year my wife's 22 year old brother laughed when we said he should try taking Antiox to be sure he didn't have worms. To his surprise he saw worms in his stools, but he was so embarrassed that he didn't tell us until months later.

Foreigners can get worms too so I think it may be a good idea for us to take Antiox at least once a year. I have taken it one time but didn't see any worms, but I don't eat pork or any sea which probably reduces my chance of getting worms.

Well now it's been 5 days where my poo is good today was the best however it is still pale but of course I am still on flagyl and on baccillus claussi until tomorrow so hopefully after that it will clear up but the good news is it feels good normal with the exception of the side effects of the drugs... (and one thing I have learned is that just about everything can be caused by everything)

I will check into the worms thing however at this point if this is related to a bacteria infection (which as long as when i go off the medication I don't regress it seems to be) I can only surmise that my continued intake of alcohol would have controlled the bacteria.... when I did the stool sample they came back with nothing conclusive although I noticed on it said "moderate - heavy" in the bacteria department however he never suggested bacteria treatments... just wanted me to pay him 15k++ for hospital time for his professional fee lol.

Anyway will go off meds tomorrow and then see.. I mean I am still a bit worried as pale poo (although it smells bad it is not greasy) is indications of liver, pancreas issues... however all my executive check up results came back with nothing and I have no signs or symptoms of any other issues.. Lets hope it goes away and things go well... I might be a bit paranoid...

Thanks again for all the discussions....

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I am still on flagy

Flagyl or metronidazole is the same antibiotic the dr prescribed for me to treat amoebic dysentery about 10 years ago. But that was after it was positively confirmed at St Luke's Medical Center with a stool sample. It kills everything, good and bad and overall makes you feel awful. You should NOT drink alcohol while taking it and you have to take it to completion, symptoms or not. If you stop taking it too soon or take it incorrectly it can come back stronger and resistant to the antibiotic. That's the danger w/antibiotics. I hope all this was done under medical supervision.  

Shol
Posted
Posted

I am still on flagy

Flagyl or metronidazole is the same antibiotic the dr prescribed for me to treat amoebic dysentery about 10 years ago. But that was after it was positively confirmed with a stool sample. It kills everything, good and bad and overall makes you feel awful. You should NOT drink alcohol while taking it and you have to take it to completion, symptoms or not. If you stop taking it too soon or take it incorrectly it can come back stronger and resistant to the antibiotic. That's the danger w/antibiotics. I hope all this was done under medical supervision.  

Yeah one of the doctors prescribed it for 7 days ... will go back after toand get feedback on it.

I don't think I will ever drink alcohol again let alone while im on an antibiotic....

I am taking it as prescribed... and it has pretty much stopped my diahrea...also.. taking the bacillus clausii with it ...

As of today I have only the side effects from the drug and the pale stools other than that I feel like a million bucks.. so well see ...

Unfortunately most doctors here seem to want to make money off me so it's hard to know which ones to listen too lol

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Yeah one of the doctors prescribed it for 7 days

So did the doctor prescribe it when you asked to try that treatment or did the doctor come up with the idea on his/her own?  And how many doctors did you actually see before you found one who would prescribe this treatment that actually seems to be working for you and that you heard about from non-doctors right here on this forum?

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I didn't think I would be interested in this topic so I had not been following it.  I just read the whole thing and there is a lot of cr&ppy information provided. :no:  I hope that Shol is on the road to recovery!   :thumbsup:

There may be an issue that has been overlooked.  According to the photo in the article JGF linked, you may have a problem with your skeleton!   :hystery:

Caption: "Many factors cause yellow stool"

post-1784-0-60022800-1403966229_thumb.jp

Shol
Posted
Posted

Yeah one of the doctors prescribed it for 7 days

So did the doctor prescribe it when you asked to try that treatment or did the doctor come up with the idea on his/her own?  And how many doctors did you actually see before you found one who would prescribe this treatment that actually seems to be working for you and that you heard about from non-doctors right here on this forum?

:thumbsup:

Well it was more like I came in with a hypothesis and suggested it all and he was cool with it.   It was the third doctor I talked too as the other two I spoke with wanted me to a colonosoquafy first at a premium rate I might add.

I will go off the meds soon and hopefully I won't regress and I am getting some local friends to help me get a good deal on a colonosquafy.  I am having issues i will probably have to consider returning to my home country.

Cross your fingers :)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I hope you drink much rehydration fluid, Shol

I didn't think I would be interested in this topic so I had not been following it.  I just read the whole thing and there is a lot of cr&ppy information provided. :no:  I hope that Shol is on the road to recovery!   :thumbsup:

Perhaps it's risk "Shol" will be renamed to "Stool"?    :)

(In Sweden it just mean chair.)

Btw - The name of a Closet inventor can become nicknames for "Poo" as "bohnus"  as e g Crap. I wonder if the inventor thought of that   :hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Cross your fingers

Cross your legs comes to Mind :rolleyes:  :unsure:

Ooops sorry! 

But all joking apart, Hope you can get yourself Sorted.

:tiphat:

• Like 1