Colonoscopy

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

At about 85-88 dad and both grand dads quit messin with the ladies, graduated to Angles they did.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It's a joke lololol,

I thought the reply was also humorous so perhaps you each have a different sense of humor.  Some are dry, some are wet . . and that applies to the topic as well as our sense of humor.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

and my grandfather was interested in girls at least until he was 88

What happened? How come he was no longer interested in girls at age 89?

He got hit by a car, broke his foot, so it pointed to the side. He bend it back and "walked" home 500 meters somehow to put together things to bring to hospital, instead of lay down and wait for the ambulance where he was hit.

-Why did you do that?! That's bad, complained the doctor at hospital.

-But bloody hell, I couldn't walk otherwice!

:dance:

After surgery and gympsum, doctor put him in recovery home for at least a month. Two days later he stumbled home with sticks.

-Why did you do that??!!  said my mother worried (we lived and worked rather far away.)

-I couldn't be among such old people, said my grandfather although he was older than them himself  :hystery:

He recovered rather good, but then a clumpsy bus driver started the bus to early, when my grandfather went off, so the bus cut up the bad foot  :bash: Then it became "hospital illness" infection in the wound... 

So my grandfather became some occupied by his bad foot...

That healing took long time. During that period he became senile.   But perhaps he didn't quit being interested in girls, I don't know if he tried to date nurses at the home for senile   :)

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

and my grandfather was interested in girls at least until he was 88

What happened? How come he was no longer interested in girls at age 89?

He got hit by a car, broke his foot, so it pointed to the side. He bend it back and "walked" home 500 meters somehow to put together things to bring to hospital, instead of lay down and wait for the ambulance where he was hit.

-Why did you do that?! That's bad, complained the doctor at hospital.

-But bloody hell, I couldn't walk otherwice!

:dance:

After surgery and gympsum, doctor put him in recovery home for at least a month. Two days later he stumbled home with sticks.

-Why did you do that??!!  said my mother worried (we lived and worked rather far away.)

-I couldn't be among such old people, said my grandfather although he was older than them himself  :hystery:

He recovered rather good, but then a clumpsy bus driver started the bus to early, when my grandfather went off, so the bus cut up the bad foot  :bash: Then it became "hospital illness" infection in the wound... 

So my grandfather became some occupied by his bad foot...

That healing took long time. During that period he became senile.   But perhaps he didn't quit being interested in girls, I don't know if he tried to date nurses at the home for senile   :)

Thomas,

Sounds like your grandfather was a very strong man who didn't want to give up regardless of the situation. Probably he didn't give up on chasing the girls either. :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

What you said is true but most of us already know about girls, bars and night clubs. There's nothing new there. Here we discuss things that we have limited knowledge of and looking for advice and things that are in the news.

It's a joke lololol,,,come on lighten up a bit.

Most of us are already lightened up here but your statement didn't fit in to normal conversations about the subject at hand so it deserved a reply. If you want to discuss things like bars and night clubs then you are on the wrong forum. Boss Man has told us that a few times.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
If you want to discuss things like bars and night clubs then you are on the wrong forum. Boss Man has told us that a few times

Someone help me here :1 (103):

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think you both are trying to say something different than what the other is hearing...  Time to shake hands and let it go!  Unless someone wants to argue that its their round for a San Mig!

:attention:

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hello.

Just an update.

On day 6 of my full on bland diet and taking Flagyl / Metro and Bacillus Clausii.

After 2 days the diarrhea started to go away and by now I have none; the stool is normal texture/shape pretty much however the color has still remained pale and foul smelling / yellow. (I am hoping this bacteria related and will fade)

I have to admit that I have suffered a bit of nausea (no vomit though) and some bloating cramps and some appetite loss and headache which coincide with the side effects of the antibiotic.

I read I should keep taking it for at least 7 days to avoid relapse etc.  I am still a bit worried and will get tested because some of the symptoms could be related to pancreas issues however for the most part I feel fine and my blood and ultrasound showed nothing abnormal.  Just hope that the poo goes back to normal color.

It's not perfect but have to thank people here for helping :)   I am not sure but it's quite possible this is what I have

http://cardinalsantos.com.ph/?s=&from_time=&to_time=&specialization=Gastroenterology&post_type=csmc_doctors

Anyway pray for me :)

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Very glad to hear of improvement and hope you have a speedy and full recovery from this miserable illness!

Americano
Posted
Posted

Shol,

Sounds like you are on the right track to get well and I hope you're well soon.

There's one other thing that needs to be mentioned when talking about digestive or bowl problems.  The Philippines Department of Education estimates that about 40% of school children have worms and recommends that they take de-worming medicine twice each school year. The name of the medicine which anyone can buy in most Pharmacies is Mebendazole Antiox. The dosage is just one 500mg tablet.

Last year my wife's 22 year old brother laughed when we said he should try taking Antiox to be sure he didn't have worms. To his surprise he saw worms in his stools, but he was so embarrassed that he didn't tell us until months later.

Foreigners can get worms too so I think it may be a good idea for us to take Antiox at least once a year. I have taken it one time but didn't see any worms, but I don't eat pork or any sea which probably reduces my chance of getting worms.