Race?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

another Canuk were taking over the world hahaha Welcome to the forum Blackman

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Thanks O-U-C! From Mississauga! I am from Windsor! Yes, please DO feel sorry for me!  :hystery:

Guess that is why I moved around so much! Currently in Mexico.  :thumbsup: Maybe Philippines next?.  :mocking:

no man winsor is a great city , you just have to look across the river to appreciate how great winsor Really is LOL , hahaha sorry 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I get plenty of sun, my Mexican co-workers used to call me Indio. :hystery: I think I resembled the indians who lived in the mountains who they didn't mix with much.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

another Canuk were taking over the world hahaha Welcome to the forum Blackman

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Thanks O-U-C! From Mississauga! I am from Windsor! Yes, please DO feel sorry for me!  :hystery:

Guess that is why I moved around so much! Currently in Mexico.  :thumbsup: Maybe Philippines next?.  :mocking:

no man winsor is a great city , you just have to look across the river to appreciate how great winsor Really is LOL , hahaha sorry 

Yeah I worked in Detroit for many years, law enforcement, paramedic both on an ambulance and in the ER. Sorry man I actually like Detroit better, of I did live in Windsor all the time I worked there. LOL Windsor is not as bad as I say but the rest of Canada is way better. I love the Mississauga area. Liked Cambridge and Paris even better.   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

When I get plenty of sun, my Mexican co-workers used to call me Indio. :hystery: I think I resembled the indians who lived in the mountains who they didn't mix with much.

They aren't calling you Indio they are just asking you if you want to go for a beer! (Indio, one of the best beers in Mexico! Personal favorite!)  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack! (If I may call you that, if not sorry)

:hystery:  :hystery: Blackman, you can, as many do, call me anything you like, But never, call me early, on a Sunday Morning   :no:

*KIDDING*   Jack or JP is fine with me. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:  :cheers: whoops beer time, see yawl later!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  :hystery: Blackman, you can, as many do, call me anything you like, But never, call me early, on a Sunday Morning   :no:

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Call me anything too but never call me late for dinner!  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello BlackMan,

All of the comments above are head shot bulls eye!  It's all up to you how they want to perceive or to pre-judge you.

You are apparently well educated, well travelled (Ukraine and Mexico!) and can think on your feet.  Your background

in law enforcement and medical emergencies will also dazzle the Filipino males.  Often times, you need those allies

to take care of their Kuya (big brother) and make him feel welcome.  Perhaps an introduction to their sisters....he, he.

There's one more thing that I would like to point out.  I was wondering if you could choose another display name.  It

kind of makes me feel awkward addressing you as Blackman.  I'm Filipino, so Brownman being applied to me would

be a little demeaning and definitely less personal for me.  But it's all up to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Some like dark skin, some like light skin, but they all like green.

A word of warning, many here use the N word, but those who do don't know it is a bad word.

Chalk it up to naivety and not prejudice.

Thanks for the heads up. If I understand you right maybe you are referring to "Negro or Negrito"? I live in Mexico now and have for 8 years so I am use to negrito, actually it is a term of endearment and I even have a soccer shirt with "El Negrito" on it. I lived in Ukraine for a bit and there they actually use what is pretty close to the bad "N word" but there it is not as offensive as in the west. They actually only see it as slightly offensive because of what they hear from the west. So like I said I am not to thin skinned and not too shocked by others or their cultural habits. Thanks again!

I hate to post it publicly, but the N word ends with an r.

Still, somehow they heard it and it stuck and means no more to them than a dark skinned Kano.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hello BlackMan,

All of the comments above are head shot bulls eye!  It's all up to you how they want to perceive or to pre-judge you.

You are apparently well educated, well travelled (Ukraine and Mexico!) and can think on your feet.  Your background

in law enforcement and medical emergencies will also dazzle the Filipino males.  Often times, you need those allies

to take care of their Kuya (big brother) and make him feel welcome.  Perhaps an introduction to their sisters....he, he.

There's one more thing that I would like to point out.  I was wondering if you could choose another display name.  It

kind of makes me feel awkward addressing you as Blackman.  I'm Filipino, so Brownman being applied to me would

be a little demeaning and definitely less personal for me.  But it's all up to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Thanks Jake. Great advice. Just for the record there is a story behind the name that might make you chuckle. I am a HUGE Batman fan. When the first, I mean Michael Keaton, Batman came out I was about 19, I had seen it once before. I was in line to see it again and joking with a bunch of friends, not paying attention and being a goof.

I bumped into this huge guy in front of me and he asked me, a regular sized black dude in the middle of small town Canada "Who the hell do you think you are?!" Remembering the line from the movie I just looked at him and said "I'm Blackman." Well my friends and the offended big guy all ended up laughing and it was a good time at the movies. All that said I prefer to put others feelings ahead of my own so I will change my name and I do understand your reasoning. Sorry about that

• Like 5