Race?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some like dark skin, some like light skin, but they all like green.

A word of warning, many here use the N word, but those who do don't know it is a bad word.

Chalk it up to naivety and not prejudice.

Thanks for the heads up. If I understand you right maybe you are referring to "Negro or Negrito"? I live in Mexico now and have for 8 years so I am use to negrito, actually it is a term of endearment and I even have a soccer shirt with "El Negrito" on it. I lived in Ukraine for a bit and there they actually use what is pretty close to the bad "N word" but there it is not as offensive as in the west. They actually only see it as slightly offensive because of what they hear from the west. So like I said I am not to thin skinned and not too shocked by others or their cultural habits. Thanks again!

I hate to post it publicly, but the N word ends with an r.

Still, somehow they heard it and it stuck and means no more to them than a dark skinned Kano.

Yeah I know. In Russian it is the same. But they mean it the same way. Same with the Spanish words or for that matter Gringo here in Mexico. None are considered offensive and I don't see them that way at all.

Oh and by the way I LOVE your screen name as you can see by my Batman fandom post.

Edited by Blackman
  • Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hello BlackMan,

All of the comments above are head shot bulls eye!  It's all up to you how they want to perceive or to pre-judge you.

You are apparently well educated, well travelled (Ukraine and Mexico!) and can think on your feet.  Your background

in law enforcement and medical emergencies will also dazzle the Filipino males.  Often times, you need those allies

to take care of their Kuya (big brother) and make him feel welcome.  Perhaps an introduction to their sisters....he, he.

There's one more thing that I would like to point out.  I was wondering if you could choose another display name.  It

kind of makes me feel awkward addressing you as Blackman.  I'm Filipino, so Brownman being applied to me would

be a little demeaning and definitely less personal for me.  But it's all up to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Sorry Jake but according to the forums I can't change anything until 23 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

Will change it when I can and hopefully I remember. If not then feel free to remind me. Again sorry about that.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There's one more thing that I would like to point out.  I was wondering if you could choose another display name.  It kind of makes me feel awkward addressing you as Blackman.  I'm Filipino, so Brownman being applied to me would be a little demeaning and definitely less personal for me.  But it's all up to you, OK?

Actually, Jake has a more than valid point here, I am English and if you know anything (and I am pretty sure you do) from your travels, "Black" is not a word we can use anymore in the UK [Due to Political Correctness] However, I Live on NEGROS, I lived in Spain for many Years. Blanca= White Negra = Black, so I got used to the words again, I don't Like the word Negro, never have. I have to agree, with Jake, that maybe, a name Change might/Could be in order here. Brown?? not too sure about that, colour is a Funny Subject, You ain't Pink, green or Purple. so, what do you reckon, Ethnic Joe don't sound right either, How about we just call you BM.  :unsure:  :thumbsup:

Whatever, You are still, most certainly Welcome here, amongst us Kanos, cos whatever, you decide, that is what, you are, to our Wonderful Hosts

JP :tiphat: Beer time over, back to the keyboard, for some more Trivia :cheers:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think its a great name now I know the story.

I will recall a silly case of the n-word in an strange land.

In Mandarin Chinese, "nege" (it's...") is a frequent interjection in conversation and people stutter over it so they tend to repeat the word, saying "nege, nege nege...." as we might say "er..er.."

I worked in Beijing for some years and I had an American colleague seconded from NJ for a while; he was a very popular and funny bloke who, when this happened, used to turn to me and say, "They're talking about me again!" ;)

Frankly, most Filipinos get their concept of "abroad" from the television, and not necessarily the National Geographic Channel. More likely cops-and-robbers stuff.  There will be a stereotype but it will be corrected in seconds by contact with an actual person, especially a real live Kano.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hey Blackman,

Google the early origins of Filipino's. you will find a answer.

lol.

Good luck brother

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello BlackMan,

There's one more thing that I would like to point out.  I was wondering if you could choose another display name.  It

kind of makes me feel awkward addressing you as Blackman.  I'm Filipino, so Brownman being applied to me would

be a little demeaning and definitely less personal for me.  But it's all up to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Sorry Jake but according to the forums I can't change anything until 23 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

Will change it when I can and hopefully I remember. If not then feel free to remind me. Again sorry about that.

No problema Senor.......your story about your name was pretty funny.   

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
No problema Senor.......your story about your name was pretty funny.   

True story too. Half of me expected to get my butt kicked though! LOL

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Honestly I tried to change the name but the forum said I can't until that date. I want to change it to El Negrito now.

JP it is funny about changing to BM. I mean think about it man!  :hystery: I am full of crap but I really don't want to be known as a BM.  :hystery:

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you really want to change it we can do so.

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

If you really want to change it we can do so.

yes I'd like to keep things peaceful but light. So does El Negrito work?

• Like 3