Race?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Jake,

I sent you a PM.

Oh, oh........are you gonna handcuff me officer?  LIke to the four corners of the bed......he, he.  

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

El Negrito, I find the universality of one simple tenet to hold true, particularly in the Philippines:  Treat others how you wish to be treated.  Pretty simple really and like most other places in the world, in the Philippines it will take you far.  

• Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I will pass on the observations of my sister in law on this subject.

She is a Filipina; rather a smart and hard working one.

She says that, when a Filipina is looking at a foreigner, "The main thing is money. "Has he got money?" That is the big question. Next is appearance - "is he fit, gwapo (good looking, handsome) macho? Does he dress well?" Next is character - "will he be reliable? Will he take care of me and my family?"

And that, gentlemen, is from a Filipina, age 35, and smart.

You will notice that "character" comes some way after "appearance" and a LOONG way after "money".  

Well I am not rich but I have always had a decent job that pays the bills and I am not a slob as far as looks. I will post an avatar now.

PS I posted the avatar but it doesn't show much. I can post more for better assessment if needed.

My wife said your quapo so dont worry you will do fine. 

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
My wife said your quapo so dont worry you will do fine. 

Well now I'm blushing which is hard to make a black man do!  :lol:

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

After all we are all brothers and sisters under the skin,I would love a decent tan but unfortunately most of the year here I am almost translucent . And welcome to the forum , great post.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

After all the good and bad have been said there's still one thing that has not been said.  Most Filipinos love white skin. The whiter your skin the more you are respected and loved. Filipinos buy skin whiteners in soaps and lotions every day. They hate dark skin so when you meet a Filipina girl the first thing she will be thinking about is the color of you and her babies. Filipinos do not want dark skin babies. This is your hardest obstetrical to over come. When you learn how to overcome this obstetrical please let us know.

I'm afraid you are doomed to have dark colored babies which means many Filipinos will not see you and your babies as normal Filipinos, which means you will have to prove that you and your babies are normal people just  like other Filipinos.

I know this is hard to accept but its true.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

After all the good and bad have been said there's still one thing that has not been said.  Most Filipinos love white skin. The whiter your skin the more you are respected and loved. Filipinos buy skin whiteners in soaps and lotions every day. They hate dark skin so when you meet a Filipina girl the first thing she will be thinking about is the color of you and her babies. Filipinos do not want dark skin babies. This is your hardest obstetrical to over come. When you learn how to overcome this obstetrical please let us know.

I'm afraid you are doomed to have dark colored babies which means many Filipinos will not see you and your babies as normal Filipinos, which means you will have to prove that you and your babies are normal people just  like other Filipinos.

It can be overcome. A friend's teenage stepdaughter is half Filipina, half black Brazilian, and she is a great kid - very popular at school, too.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

After all we are all brothers and sisters under the skin,I would love a decent tan but unfortunately most of the year here I am almost translucent . And welcome to the forum , great post.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

In Feb 2006 I took my Filipina fiancee to the USA where we got married. For about the first 2 years she searched everywhere for whitening products in our city but was only able to find one small whitening lotion which was imported from Manila. She always tried to stay out of the sun so she wouldn't get dark. After about 2 years and taking her to the beach a few times in Florida she finally said to me, now I realize people look better when they have a tan.

One weekend we went to Panama City Beach for the weekend. For some reason we didn't have a swimming suit with us for her so I convinced her that the black matching bra and panties she was wearing looks like a swimming suit and covers just as much so she removed her shirt and shorts and got a really nice tan.

It took a couple of years but she finally realized that real white skinned people look sick or anemic.

We recently saw a program on TV about India. Indians are obsessed with being white too.  They have 50 different whitening products.  They think like Filipinos, dark = poor and the lowest class of people, white = rich and the upper class.  This thinking can be changed but probably only one person at a time.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Here in  oz the  tan is considered a healthy look so many lay out in the sun covered on all different manners of tanning creams just to get the look many in the Philippines have . Cant quite figure out why we want a tan and the phils want to get whiter ,may be a mass swap of population might make a colour every body would be happy with, me I like all colours and don't see anything other than a person.

• Like 3