The Cost Of The Philippine Dream

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

On four occasions I was asked.to my way at funerals. The hardest thing I've ever done other than being assigned to carry caskets for 8 months in the Army. I was okay until we started to fold the flag and they played taps. The six of us stood at attention with tears rolling down our faces as they.passed the flag. The sound of taps and the twenty one gun salute haute me to this day. But I was never prouder than to be apart of a veterans service. Those kinds of things gain value with age and time. Im still close to those men because when you can look another man in the eye and cry, you've made a brother.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
A couple weeks later, I was riding with some friends to a volleyball tournament in a nearby mountain region. One of them thought she may have seen a children's home. The next day, we made a special visit, and sure enough, it was.
Where?

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Amen brother! So here are poor, homeless, destitute by choice. I know a disabled Veteran as an example who is homeless by choice. Now obviously he has something else going on, but I tried to help him a few times and ended up meeting his sister. Come to find out he was pulling down $1500.00 a month from VA but wouldn't touch the money. His sister had to track him down every so often to make sure he was ok. She had set up a bank account years ago for direct deposit and was his caretaker. But there are alot of homeless vets here with PTSD. There is also an epidemic of runaways here and across this country. Sex trade, drugs, all things un moral is at an all time high. People are lost. They either dont feel they fit in or dont want to. In the case of some of these children abuse and bullying drives them into the shadows of America.

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

A couple weeks later, I was riding with some friends to a volleyball tournament in a nearby mountain region. One of them thought she may have seen a children's home. The next day, we made a special visit, and sure enough, it was.
Where?

The place is called Bitang Pinanga. (...Somebody please remind me what that means!!)

It is about 10-15 km outside of Danao City, north of Cebu City. It is completely funded by international donations and they have groups frequently visit and stay with them, helping out and teaching the kids many things.

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Batang Pinangga ----- children who are loved, my wife used to work in quality control for a Taiwanese electronic company in Danao city. She has seen the place you speak of.