The Cost Of The Philippine Dream

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

When we pay close attention to our children, we begin to see gifts they have. I remember my oldest son was consumed by archaeologist and what they did. After getting a degree in computer science he called me one day and told me he was going back to school. He decided he wanted a degree in archaeology. Now he uses computers and his degree in archaeology to make a good living.

I use to think it best to chase dollars, but now I think its best to do what you love and the money will follow.

An inspiring story. I will quit my job as a project manager and become a bikini model, a dream I've had since I was a little boy. I'll report back, but surely I will become a huge success, alternatively I could always become the king of Switzerland. Follow your dreams, haters gonna hate, yolo!

:999:

But in all seriousness, armies of penniless musicians, artists and dancers suggest that this isn't quite a universal truth, a lot of people disregard monetary concerns, follow their dreams and get truly f@%/ed in the process.

I'll report back on my career as a bikini-model. :cheersty:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I'll report back on my career as a bikini-model

Please do Afa.........just please please please DONT INCLUDE PICTURES............PULEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Well afathertobe, when your little boy would rather play piano or read and explore biology, but you keep putting a wrench in his hands, because that was what you did or that is how you perceive his life should be, then you have robbed another human being of reaching his potential, his God given purpose in this life. I was a teacher in the Army for a couple of years. My students were those young men who for what ever reason lack direction. As I got to know each class I realized most never took the time to ask, what is it I'm interested in. What are my strengths. You see the world is full of those who have been told what to do and how to do it. But the people we remember, those we respect are those who follows their dreams. Thomas Edison, Mr. Rickover first Nuclear Sub. Johnny Cash, Ronald Regan. To name a few of my favorites. There is nothing wrong with making a living but there is something wrong with selling yourself short. Worse yet selling your children short. So as you embark upon your modeling career, look back, reflect on the years you did what you did to make a living, then ask yourself, if I could have done anything what would it have been. You see regret is the great equaliser, there is plenty for everyone. Dreams are the great liberators, but few are ever really free.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
report back on my career as a bikini-model.

​Better report back on the others studying with you.  And PLEEASSSSSSSSSE send pictures of them! 

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

8047.jpg

Well there you go. This is my mate Jimmy, being all pumped up before a pageant.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

:3_8_14[1]:

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

AFatherToBe, I would whistle if I knew how. That is one hunk ' burnin' love right there. He looks like the love child of Vince Vaughn and John Candy.

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Ok I'm moving to Panama!

pokermike
Posted
Posted

OMG thanks, now i am going to have nightmares all night. Just told my wife to send me some pictures of her in a bikini so i can clear my head. Cant some get barred from the site for pictures like that?  At least if i wore something like that my wrikles would cover the top part and part of the bottom.  Poker Mike

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Hah apologies, I just couldnt' resist.