The Filipina And Her Man

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

So, I am in Florida and going there to spend 4 months in her province of Bohol while we wait for fiancé visa to process.  But I read and hear so many horror stories about Filipina girls who after coming to US turn about face and are just here to get a green card.   I do trust this woman who I met through another woman both of who spent years in the convent together.  She is now not a nun but is deeply involved with two churches in Makati and teaches choir to 3 groups in addition to being a member of a quartet in church.  She is fully employed at a loan company within another company sort of like a credit union I guess. 

I do have trust in her, but I am 68 and don't want another mistaken relationship at my age.  I guess 4 months in Bohol and then once the visa is cleared another 3 months here should give me ample time to decide if it is legit. 

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

So, I am in Florida and going there to spend 4 months in her province of Bohol while we wait for fiancé visa to process.  But I read and hear so many horror stories about Filipina girls who after coming to US turn about face and are just here to get a green card.   I do trust this woman who I met through another woman both of who spent years in the convent together.  She is now not a nun but is deeply involved with two churches in Makati and teaches choir to 3 groups in addition to being a member of a quartet in church.  She is fully employed at a loan company within another company sort of like a credit union I guess. 

I do have trust in her, but I am 68 and don't want another mistaken relationship at my age.  I guess 4 months in Bohol and then once the visa is cleared another 3 months here should give me ample time to decide if it is legit. 

I am unclear whether you have met her before or whether this 4 months is the 1st time. If you have met her before and this is a return trip - great - you can start the fiancé visa process if you wish. But if you haven't yet met her and the upcoming trip is the 1st time - well you cant apply until you have already met.

Take your time - enjoy the 4 months. By the end of that time you won't know everything but you will know a lot.

I do hear a lot of guys proposing that they get the visa and then use the 90 days after she has arrived to decide. Unfortunately that 90 day visa TV show has caused guys to believe that this is a great strategy. Personally I don't believe it's a great strategy. IMO (and maybe I am a hopeless romantic) you should be in love 1st before going down the marriage road. Decide while you are in Bohol whether marriage is what you want. Don't wait till she has arrived in the US to decide. Again just my opinion.

As to all the horror stories, there are horror stories about marriage in general. We all have them or know others who do. Take the 4 months to decide about this particular woman. Don't get into the "they are all scammers" mentality. I don't think that is a model for success either.

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Decide while you are in Bohol whether marriage is what you want. Don't wait till she has arrived in the US to decide. Again just my opinion.   As to all the horror stories, there are horror stories about marriage in general. We all have them or know others who do.

I would also venture a guess that a lot of the horror stories are of guys deciding after getting the girl to the US.

• Like 2

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

All good advice, thanks.  So to fill in the details, I have been chatting with her for over two years and we met physically for a week last year, then this year again for two weeks both in Manila/Makati and a trip to Banaue.  We have considerable documentation of our communcations over a two year period.  Also met parents and a brother this year, and the many friends she has in the churches where she is and active teacher and parishioner.

• Like 2

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Maybe not appropriate for this thread, but I would like to pay for a membership but cannot tolerate the quagmire involved with using PayPal.  Why doesn't the organization just accept my credit card?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Maybe not appropriate for this thread, but I would like to pay for a membership but cannot tolerate the quagmire involved with using PayPal.  Why doesn't the organization just accept my credit card?

Correct, not appropriate for this thread but to answer your question Paypal is a credit card processor.You do not have to join up with Paypal to send money. To use other processors I would have to have a merchant account which I would not get because of such low transactions from this site. If you use western Union or can direct deposit into a bank account then I can tell you what you need to do in a PM.

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

In whatever you do, go slow. If you do anything fast, you will fall on your face!

This applies to marriage, too.

There is an Arabic saying that goes this way: "Cut the cat's head on the first night"!

Meaning, let her know who the man is on the first night or your head will roll :)

Arabs are violent, aren't they? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
There is an Arabic saying that goes this way: "Cut the cat's head on the first night"! Meaning, let her know who the man is on the first night or your head will roll Arabs are violent, aren't they?

And that is why this video is dangerous. It perpetuates stereotypes. Are Arabs violent? Yes and so is the rest of the world. Look around at all the violence.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

Personally being here a number of years and single I have had numerous GFs.

Get married,,,wait 3 months then post about it :bash:  :mocking:  :cheersty:

Yep, that will be a game changer.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Personally being here a number of years and single I have had numerous GFs.

Get married,,,wait 3 months then post about it :bash:  :mocking:  :cheersty:

Ha actually it's good fun advice like this that puts any chance of marriage even further on the back burner.

At least I always explain at the on set, up to them if they wish to continue......

• Like 4