The Debut

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Bottom line is.....YOU are the one marrying the daughter (or paying for the event), so YOU set the standards.  Sorry, off-topic, but still applicable. Wife wanted HUGE wedding and I made it clear if I saw her cousins (who didn't like me) sitting over in the corner eating my food, drinking my beer and laughing at us, I would go over and beat the crap out of them.  We decided there are only about 10 people my wife knew that didn't dislike me.  A true ten people that deserve to be there.....and we had a great time.     

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted

I am talking about setting up your wife, if she helps her family when you are gone that will be her choice. i think some guys move there so they dont have to do things that are just plain fair. I  think we should just give the family dowery or a allowance every month based on what you can afford. If you cant afford $300 a month you should not even be there. thats my feelings. Many countries require a minimum monthly income to retire in order to have an extended stay. I would bet that soon the Philippines will follow suit and i bet it wont be $1,000 , i would bet its going to be over $2,000. So we move there and try to save $200 a month after our budget and of course we put a $100 of that in the wifes account. No wait i forgot we dont follow western standards we just keep all the money and give them the crumbs.

Please we are so iucky to have met our women there, you owe the in laws and anybody who cared for her to put you in this postion, because without that you could go back home and find someone just like her because we are all so sexy and young.

Try as I may I just are unable to get my head around some your comments.

I totally agree we are responsible for our wife's and should take the usual prudent steps before our demise. As for this repeated statement we owe the wife's family could you please explain your rational.

I know of many Filipinos with younger wife's....GFs they do not feel they owe the family, after all it's their culture, why should we be different.

If we are living here on $1000 or $2000 what does this matter unless we are a burden on others. Meaning we can live as many have quiet happily in the Provence on far less that $1000 a month. Is there a problem here?

My GF has requested family support nor does she expect, how ever if an emergency arises she knows if I am able I would help.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I with respect to the poster could not disagree more strongly. Why on earth would I owe my parent in laws, rich or poor because I married their daughter..

I wasn't going to comment but I think it's one of the strangest things I've read on forums.

I think Poker Mike put this post in the wrong section should have been a Weird and Wacky Section

Thanks Chris, you saved me asking Mike to explain further Ha....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

hmmmmmmmmm now back to the Topic.

Since in the real World, the "Debut" went out in the 50's ( but then the PI s in the 50's Still) :hystery:  This is now, no more, than a Coming of Age Party. We all had them and if it is thought about properly and paid for by the parents as they should be, Families might give a little more thought as to how many kids they want to knock out. I have 4 daughters, 3 of which are now grown and married but all had there own coming of Age party, my 15 year old will have hers.  

You have 5 Kids and you will have 5 Coming of Age Parties.( according to my BIL the coming of Age is 18 for Both B&G)

According to a couple here, we should of course pay for someone else's kids. Party, NOPE! you made your bed, you can now lay on it.

Can't afford Kids, Easy don't Have them. 

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All!

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

In Mexico and some other Latin America countries, they have a Quinceanera which is a party for the girls on their 15th birthday. The intent is to celebrate the transition from childhood to womanhood. To me, that is more of a Debut as by 18, a female is already a woman and might have 3 kids by then.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

In Mexico and some other Latin America countries, they have a Quinceanera which is a party for the girls on their 15th birthday. The intent is to celebrate the transition from childhood to womanhood. To me, that is more of a Debut as by 18, a female is already a woman and might have 3 kids by then.

The age of consent in the Philippines is 18.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Methers old chum, maybe you mean the age of Majority (Voting is 18) my Daughter Informs me the age of consent is 16 ( and then this, can depend on the Age of the Male. Seems a grey area on a lot of things as always here, but they have been taught, Under 16 is Unlawful Sex! :rolleyes:  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Methers old chum, maybe you mean the age of Majority (Voting is 18) my Daughter Informs me the age of consent is 16 ( and then this, can depend on the Age of the Male. Seems a grey area on a lot of things as always here, but they have been taught, Under 16 is Unlawful Sex! :rolleyes:  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

Not so sure, Jack - see, e.g., here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Philippines

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Your country of birth indicates that you are from the USA.  Do you know any man in the USA who married a woman and gives a monthly allowance to her family?   This may be done in some countries but not the USA if you are a Christian.  Where are you getting these ridiculous thoughts?

Darn right!  Why should anybody here in the Americas help anyone else in their family?

They can't work and have no money?  Let them become homeless!  Let them starve!

:1 (103):

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not so sure, Jack - see, e.g., here:  https://en.wikipedia...sia#Philippines

Well, I will have the greatest pleasure in sending this to the Head of the Science High School she attends just goes to prove that their  Sex Education System is not Supervised or Overseen at all. Totally the Wrong messages being sent out. 

Having said that, We seem to have a lot of well, Underage mothers In Our Barangay Average age, about 16

• Like 1