Changing Dumaguete

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
We went to pay the electric bill yesterday but left as there was hundreds of people in line and only 2 cashiers. No online payment available.

Not sure about all suppliers but I believe you can pay through your bank. Veco, Meralco and others do this so have you checked the situation with your supplier lately?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I believe you can pay through your bank

Noreco has the most unusual of billing styles.  The 'Due Date' is 48 hours after they read the meter.  Then there is fine print that says "If you pay within 7 days of the due date there is no penalty".  If you pay after that time then the penalty is huge, like 10% of the bill whether it is one day or 30 days after that grace period.

Of course there are some banks that accept Noreco payments PROVIDED you pay before the due date so:  Gentlemen start your engines, you have 48 hours . .  GO

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Of course there are some banks that accept Noreco payments PROVIDED you pay before the due date so:  Gentlemen start your engines, you have 48 hours . .  GO

Courtesy period of up to 7 days, take a rest and do it tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

But they are afraid to go onto Real Street as well.

Just Picked this up from another source, real Street and San Jose street intersection.post-2148-0-39096600-1420524118_thumb.jpBad Area of Real Street.

Hulagway ug Kasikas sa Dumaguete
5 hrs ·
‪#‎HUKADIris‬ (Incident Report and Information Sharing)
Photo Sent by: Maricar Primicias
Vehicular accident.
A 20-year-old swedish man was killed Tuesday morning after he lost control of his motorcycle along Real and San Jose street, the victim is indentified as Marcos Hanson.
His companion Jacob Peterson who sustained injuries was brought to SUMC.
-omar

JP
I always say it will take a death to get things moving, well lets see what they do ( the PNP LTO or Whoever) but of course it is a foreigner :no:  so I guess we just move on and hope for the best :unsure:
Edited by Jollygoodfellow
paste as plain text
  • Like 1

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

When I was researching last year places to move in the Philippines, Dumaguete was a (very) distant second or third choice. I guess your report drops it completely off my list. No matter, as I think I've found my paradise. :) (Lipa City)

RBM
Posted
Posted

We went to pay the electric bill yesterday but left as there was hundreds of people in line and only 2 cashiers. No online payment available.

Not sure about all suppliers but I believe you can pay through your bank. Veco, Meralco and others do this so have you checked the situation with your supplier lately?

So whats best stand in line at bank for hours or in line at Meralco. We do not use car much in Dumaguete due to crazy tricycles, walking past Meralco Monday people were lined up down the road.

RBM
Posted
Posted

When I was researching last year places to move in the Philippines, Dumaguete was a (very) distant second or third choice. I guess your report drops it completely off my list. No matter, as I think I've found my paradise. :) (Lipa City)

I always thought Dumaguete would be my city of choice as it was several years agos.

Now for reasons outlined by myself and others its a strong no no.

Having traveled pretty extensively throught the country I can say there are quite a few mid sized cities where one can live happily without the negatives of Dumaguete.

Off topic how ever yesterday we drove toBayawan, the road is beautiful as is the scenery, wonderful 2 hour drive.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So whats best stand in line at bank for hours or in line at Meralco. We do not use car much in Dumaguete due to crazy tricycles, walking past Meralco Monday people were lined up down the road.

No you pay online, check out their website. No standing in front of a computer.  :)

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Thanks JGF. You were the only one that knew that. I had not checked with my supplier lately because up until last month, we had only one bank in this city of 160,000+. Last month, BDO opened up and today, I was the first one to pay an electric bill at that bank. At first, they said that I could not but then when they made a call, they said that I could so they all stood around to see how it was done. Being a new branch, it was not busy yet. This is a great help for us as it is only a short walk instead of a long tricycle ride. Improvements do happen but ever so slow.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Thanks JGF. You were the only one that knew that. I had not checked with my supplier lately because up until last month, we had only one bank in this city of 160,000+. Last month, BDO opened up and today, I was the first one to pay an electric bill at that bank. At first, they said that I could not but then when they made a call, they said that I could so they all stood around to see how it was done. Being a new branch, it was not busy yet. This is a great help for us as it is only a short walk instead of a long tricycle ride. Improvements do happen but ever so slow.

160,000 people, two banks, mus be kidding, by way hold on to your bank receipt real tight!!