Changing Dumaguete

mogo51
Posted
Posted

You know, the same applies in Pattaya, not doubt many have been there. I moved out to East Pattaya to get out of the

nonsense. I shop once a fortnight, take the car, get groceries etc and get back home, where it is much quieter.

But this is the state of the world generally IMO. Overpopulation is a major problem, but no one is addressing it.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Overpopulation is a major problem
That's why I want AT LEAST 3 hectares for myself   :)    preferingly with damm or other's seldom used land around (as e g forest).   There are such land for sale without people in both Thailand and Phils, which cost litle per square meter.

(I know foreigners aren't allowed to own more than max 40 % of land through company, otherwice nothing,

but whole can be long time leased by a foreigner.)

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad to hear Dumaguete is overwhelmed, but getting placed on the top 10 list is basically a "kiss of death".  I was living in Costa Rica in the early 90's and the same situation presented itself.  We always want to be the LAST ONE to enter paradise before we close the door.   :)

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
verpopulation is a major problem, but no one is addressing it. Jack Peterson and Larry45 like this Like This Selective Quote Top Quote

ISIS seems to be trying to address that problem.

Perhaps our leaders should make ISIS  WASWAS that too might help with the overpopulation 

mogo51
Posted
Posted

verpopulation is a major problem, but no one is addressing it. Jack Peterson and Larry45 like this Like This Selective Quote Top Quote

ISIS seems to be trying to address that problem.

Perhaps our leaders should make ISIS  WASWAS that too might help with the overpopulation

Oh dear, oh dear, not politically correct speak, of my! But they would need to be busy 24/7 to correct this out of control

situation.

RBM
Posted
Posted

You know, the same applies in Pattaya, not doubt many have been there. I moved out to East Pattaya to get out of thenonsense. I shop once a fortnight, take the car, get groceries etc and get back home, where it is much quieter.But this is the state of the world generally IMO. Overpopulation is a major problem, but no one is addressing it.

We are currently here in DGT. And yes does remind me of Pattaya especially the number of foreigners here. Many have told me after the recent report was published there seems to be a surge in ex pats. Amazes me that people will take anything in print as gospel. After all in generally one persons opinion, often badly researched.

Last night we enjoyed a lovely walk along the boulevard, fortunately high tide so no odor. Usually visit the blue monkey for a beer, took us at least 5 minutes to cross the road, amazing the sheer number of buses, huge tracks and persistent tricycles. None of them will even slow down to allow one to cross.

Separate note the meal at the Moon was terrible, blue monkey always a nice spot to relax, my little oasis.

• Like 2

Midniterider
Posted
Posted

We will be at Co Co Amigo's about 12 ish

Is there a place near there where people can get dust masks for all the polluting busses and trucks and otherr vehicles using that street to avoid Real Street?

Just kidding ya.  That kind of crap is the same everywhere, what is worse for me is hearing the conversation with all those loud vehicles going by.  Its because I am getting older but refuse to get aids.  (Hearing aids ya bloggers)

No that's an excellent idea, I'm just waiting until my next pension check to get some N95 masks because I really need them. After moving here I am back to having bronchitis just as I had back prior to when I quit smoking in 1999 and I worked for FDNY*EMS in fire buildings and on the HAZMAT squad ! The pollution is going to prevent me from settling here permanently and I'm told now that even in Valencia the daily (and nightly the sneaks  :unsure: ) bonfires are just as bad if not worse than my own subdivision where I keep jumping around to try and find the most smoke free area (doesn't exist). 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
bonfires are just as bad if not worse

In my area, subdivisions get garbage pick up and segregated (leaves, grass and such) pick up but squatters get neither so they burn everything.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
In my area, subdivisions get garbage

The last place I rented has a wealthy filipino landlord who gets weekly garbage pickup but still prefers to burn leaves and grass, even with one of the tenants complaining of asthma.  This is Philippines and its how they do it here.  We aren't going to change them.

The current subdivision I live in is a concrete jungle.  There is almost zero green area.  Garbage is picked up 6 days a week and still there is the smell of burning plastic every evening from the perpetual barbeques that get lit with bottle caps.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Garbage is picked up 6 days a week

Wow! We get picked up once a week on Tues. Maybe and sometimes.

• Like 1