Making A Living

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The anti-dummy law is dealing with larger businesses that are established as corporations and partnerships where we are looking at the expat being a partner. A sari-sari store, a hair dresser, private maid service - these are examples of sole-propriety business that are not covered.
Are you SURE about that?

IF it's like that, it would make things EASIER for me   :)   (=More solution possibilities.)

Renting rooms in a boardinghouse or apartment are also good as expats can't own land... Of course the building would be in your wife's name as well. Should your wife decide to keep the profits and not share with you, well, that is a different matter.
Well. That's PARTLY wrong.

If a BUSINESS NEED land for the business, then the COMPANY can own the land, and the foreigner can own max 40 % of such company, so indirect can foreigners own 40 % of land in such cases.

The Internet has a million pages or more on how to make money working from home and probably a million more explaining how they are all just scams
  I don't remember the precentages, but some years ago a SMALL part of such businesses earned good, a some biger part earned a litle, but most lost.

A friend of mine, who started MANY years ago, earn rather good totaly at his websites. (=Around 40 000 USD per year, but it's good, because he need to work very litle    :)   Before that he earned three times that in an employment, but he quit, because it was many travels away from family, and he want to be home much.)    He said it have become MUCH HARDER to start websites with good profit.

BUT it don't cost much to statt a website type a Blog, so it can be worth testing, but don't expect any GOOD earning from such, but rather many earn a bit extra.

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

So why haven't 'work from home' ideas been covered here?  Anyone with positive experiences or advice to share here?  The Internet has a million pages or more on how to make money working from home and probably a million more explaining how they are all just scams. So does anyone have any specific ideas?

If anyone here is a good writer, you can do freelance writing for Internet websites. I have researched a ton of "work from home" opportunities and this was the only sure-fire, viable business model that I've really run across. (...as far as easy to setup and low investment.)

It can be a tedious job at times...you write about whatever your client wants.

If anyone is interested in the details, I can point them in the right direction. I experimented with it for about five months, but found it more work than my brain could handle, as I was doing it ten hours a day. Once I was rolling, I was making about $9 an hour. I was gaining a great reputation among the community I worked within and would have been able to start charging more per article, but I like said...too much like real work.

There are two ways to freelance. The best (but requiring more time investment to build your business) is to advertise your writing services in a specific "Internet Marketing" forum. There is a very small fee associated with the advertising. (Message me if you want more details...I'm not associated with the forum in any way other than that I used to do this and I do not profit in any way.)

Secondly, there are websites where people advertise specific articles that they would like written. You can browse the topics and terms and how much they will pay you and accept specific jobs. The jobs you would be qualified for at first will pay relatively little. You build your reputation and gain access to higher-paying jobs as you write more (assuming the quality is high enough).

To be really successful doing this, you will need to study guidelines specifically on how to write for the Internet. The businesses that hire you will want their pages more likely to rank higher in search engines. There are also certain style guidelines you should follow. Basic guidelines are available for free with a slight bit of searching.

Anyway, like I said, it's work. It's not a scam. That's not to say the people you are writing for won't be what you might consider "scam artists." Most of them are not, but some of them deal specifically in selling ways to strike it rich in your own Internet business. Those are nearly all borderline to outright scams.

Some examples of sites I've written for include a travel site dedicated to obtaining passports (basic overviews of various countries), a heating and cooling business (touting the products they sold and installed), one of the popular diet programs (that one was painful), and liposuction (God, THAT one was torture! I had to come up with topics for TEN liposuction articles.)

Oh...that reminds me, in the first method, sometimes your clients will have the ideas for topics pre-generated, and sometimes they will expect you to come up with them. And I also forgot...you will be doing all the research. That takes at least as long as writing the articles.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So why haven't 'work from home' ideas been covered here?  Anyone with positive experiences or advice to share here?  The Internet has a million pages or more on how to make money working from home and probably a million more explaining how they are all just scams. So does anyone have any specific ideas?

If anyone here is a good writer, you can do freelance writing for Internet websites. I have researched a ton of "work from home" opportunities and this was the only sure-fire, viable business model that I've really run across. (...as far as easy to setup and low investment.)

It can be a tedious job at times...you write about whatever your client wants.

If anyone is interested in the details, I can point them in the right direction. I experimented with it for about five months, but found it more work than my brain could handle, as I was doing it ten hours a day. Once I was rtheing, I was making about $9 an hour. I was gaining a great reputation among the community I worked within and would have been able to start charging more per article, but I like said...too much like real work.

There are two ways to freelance. The best (but requiring more time investment to build your business) is to advertise your writing services in a specific "Internet Marketing" forum. There is a very small fee associated with the advertising. (Message me if you want more details...I'm not associated with the forum in any way other than that I used to do this and I do not profit in any way.)

Secondly, there are websites where people advertise specific articles that they would like written. You can browse the topics and terms and how much they will pay you and accept specific jobs. The jobs you would be qualified for at first will pay relatively little. You build your reputation and gain access to higher-paying jobs as you write more (assuming the quality is high enough).

To be really successful doing this, you will need to study guidelines specifically on how to write for the Internet. The businesses that hire you will want their pages more likely to rank higher in search engines. There are also certain style guidelines you should follow. Basic guidelines are available for free with a slight bit of searching.

Anyway, like I said, it's work. It's not a scam. That's not to say the people you are writing for won't be what you might consider "scam artists." Most of them are not, but some of them deal specifically in selling ways to strike it rich in your own Internet business. Those are nearly all borderline to outright scams.

Some examples of sites I've written for include a travel site dedicated to obtaining passports (basic overviews of various countries), a heating and cooling business (touting the products they sold and installed), one of the popular diet programs (that one was painful), and liposuction (God, THAT one was torture! I had to come up with topics for TEN liposuction articles.)

Oh...that reminds me, in the first method, sometimes your clients will have the ideas for topics pre-generated, and sometimes they will expect you to come up with them. And I also forgot...you will be doing all the research. That takes at least as long as writing the articles.

Boy, does this sound familiar! This was where I really started my writing career... At the end of this phase, I was actually writing and/or rewriting a novel for an author who was making big bucks off of my work while paying me peanuts. And dummy me signed a contract that prevents me from revealing my own work!

Anyway, now I am working on my own series of novels and, if I can get the exposure and a few decent reviews, I just may make a couple pesos! But, yeah, it's still work. Minimum 8 hours a day and often more..

:D

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The anti-dummy law is dealing with larger businesses that are established as corporations and partnerships where we are looking at the expat being a partner. A sari-sari store, a hair dresser, private maid service - these are examples of sole-propriety business that are not covered.

Are you SURE about that?

IF it's like that, it would make things EASIER for me   :)   (=More solution possibilities.)

Renting rooms in a boardinghouse or apartment are also good as expats can't own land... Of course the building would be in your wife's name as well. Should your wife decide to keep the profits and not share with you, well, that is a different matter.

If a BUSINESS NEED land for the business, then the COMPANY can own the land, and the foreigner can own max 40 % of such company, so indirect can foreigners own 40 % of land in such cases.

Thomas, it's not wrong because I am talking about sole proprietorship and not corporate. The rules change between the two. Many people rent a room or two in their house without incorporating. But, to keep things legal in certain situations - such as submitting income results to BIR - the house has to be owned by your wife as strictly her own business.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Maybe the best way to make money and chill, is to do nothing but wake up and please yourself what you want to do, and just before bed time have that drink over looking what you have got thinking why work,

Just make sure you have enough in the bank to let you do this, life could be sweet

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Maybe the best way to make money and chill, is to do nothing but wake up and please yourself

Is it okay to wake up and have someone else pleasure me?  I am looking to out-source  :hystery:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Is it okay to wake up and have someone else pleasure me?  I am looking to out-source

:hystery:   Now then Dave, I bet you don't leave this page open tonight?  :rolleyes:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  saying this with Tongues in Check but.. We could change Religion and send ALL our wives out to work.

Just saying!  :rolleyes:

OK I have given my self 100 Lines post-2148-0-64657500-1423211284_thumb.gi  :hystery:

JP :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Are you SURE about that?

Thomas, it's not wrong because I am talking about sole proprietorship and not corporate. The rules change between the two. Many people rent a room or two in their house without incorporating. But, to keep things legal in certain situations - such as submitting income results to BIR - the house has to be owned by your wife as strictly her own business.

I hope you are right.

If so a solution even for some biger businesses can be my Swedish company lease equipment to my wife's sole proprietorship.

Foreigners can submit income to BIR too. We are suppoused to  :)  if we earn any work income in Phils.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I do a certain amount of writing for the shipping industry trade press - have been doing it for years - started in the days of printed newspapers and magazines.

Typically this brings in about US$ 200 a month, because it is a spare time hobby. When I was out of work for a spell, some years ago, I did more, having no other income, and my very best month produced US$ 1,500. That was a lot of work.

It takes me four or five hours to write a typical 650 word article; one does have to work quite hard to write something that people will actually want to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Methersgate