Cigarrete Smoking Ban At Ayala

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well another good reason not to go to Ayala, not a fan of the place anyway, I will continue spending my money at the local mall, that has a pretty good resto, you can sit inside in the air con (non-smoking) or take the tables outside where you can have a beer and a cig in peace and quiet. As now I am a regular at this resto, my beer price has come down too, win win if you ask me.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

In Marbel there are a three malls, new giant one for next year on the cards too. There is no smoking in any of them, not long after arriving here and having a meal in a mall I proceeded to enjoy a smoke whilst walking towards the public market. I was stopped and, thankfully, only warned that that whole area of town had a no smoking policy. To easily adhere to this I no longer take smoking products out with me. To be honest I am going to have a good go at giving up as I like to roll my own and they only sell cigarettes here which I do not enjoy at all.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't see the problem smoking outside on the terraces at Ayala. No big health hazard there smoking outdoors. I used to go to ayala for dinner 5 or 6 times a week. Now I will take my stinkin' foreign tourist dollars and spend them elsewhere. I hope others follow suit.

Well don't come to Australia as the basic same laws have been in place for many years. People adapt after the initial uproar and after a while no body cares and they just get used to dedicated smoking areas.

As for the terraces, from memory its mostly restaurants so that is why its a non smoking area. 

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
If the management of the mall is unresponsive you may want to email one of the op-ed columnists for the Cebu Sun Star. If it's a matter of public safety they have a lot more clout then anyone here. When a child fell from the 2nd floor of SM Mall a couple months ago because a barrier was inadequate they blasted the mall until it was corrected. Luckily the child wasn't seriously injured. I've contacted both Bobby Nalzaro (bobby.nalzaro@yahoo.com) and Bong Wenceslao (khanwens@gmail.com) and they do read all emails and respond when appropriate.

Good idea Mr. B, info duly noted, thanks.

Filed my "concern" yesterday, so will give them a few days to see if they respond.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Seeing smoking bans all over the place these days. At the underground river park in Palawan this sign was posted.

post-635-0-48782500-1422834315_thumb.jpg

Only ones that were lighting up were the foreigners. Did not seem to care. Some of the group we were with ignored it. No one seemed to get into any trouble over it or care. Ground was covered with stamped out cigarette butts when it was our turn to board boats to the park.

Its a persons choice if they want to smoke but please have the courtesy to pick up your butts and dispose of properly. Tossing a butt on the ground is littering to me.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
Its a persons choice if they want to smoke but please have the courtesy to pick up your butts and dispose of properly. Tossing a butt on the ground is littering to me.

I have never understood how so many smokers don't seem to think anything of dropping their butts anywhere...

But yes, the smoking bans are getting very popular here.  Which is kind of odd as I haev not seen near as many smokers here as I did back in Texas.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:rolleyes:  Not that Long ago, Dumaguete had one of it's Purges on the Non Smoking Ordinance in the City, Tickets were Handed out for a day or Two, Of course it was reported that it was mainly Foreigners yet, I saw none handed out to Locals. During a Lunch time meet, we were throwing it about and as has happened before, we Found the main moaners on Anti Smoking was the Reformed Smoker. It was never Disgraceful or Disgusting when they smoked of Course. :no:

More trash cans around with a Separate side for discarded Cig Butts, or a Different colour might help But.................

Morning All.

:tiphat:  :morning1:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Can someone who is in Davao tell me how well the law is enforced as in smoking as I believe the law has been in place there for some time.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Not Davao... but in Iloilo I never see it enforced and almost never see anyone smoke. 

A couple months ago we were at a local restaurant with a few expats, sitting inside.  One of them wanted to smoke so we moved outside.  When he asked for an ashtray the waiter politely, and kind of embarrassingly, told him the city was non-smoking.  But when he fired one up anyway... no one came out to stop him. 

And yes, it always seems to be the militant ex-smoker complaining the loudest.  I am a non-smoker and really don't care.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
But when he fired one up anyway

Tim this is not pointing at you just that you were the last one to reply ..... :hystery:

Interesting .... so back home (if you are from the US) if one see a no smoking sign one just fires up anyway ..... yea I'll bet .... if you did you would be fined or asked to leave ... but here in a foreign country they just feel they can do what ever they want .... while I agree a law is a law and should be obeyed by everyone BUT here I'm going to tell you something that no-one has ever heard before ..... we are a guest in this country ...... and if a guest came to visit me in my house and lit up after me telling him not to I would tell him to leave and not return .... but then that is just the way I am .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 5