Cigarrete Smoking Ban At Ayala

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I guess that's why they're "targeting" foreigners lol. 

RBM
Posted
Posted

I don't see the problem smoking outside on the terraces at Ayala. No big health hazard there smoking outdoors. I used to go to ayala for dinner 5 or 6 times a week. Now I will take my stinkin' foreign tourist dollars and spend them elsewhere. I hope others follow suit.

Try Circa 1900

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just saw a sign at the entrance to Dumaguete. It was on a busy road so I did not stop for a picture, but it read something like: Dumaguete, a non smoking city, keep your butts out of our city.  But its a sign only, people stand and smoke right by the non smoking signs.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Can someone who is in Davao tell me how well the law is enforced as in smoking as I believe the law has been in place there for some time.

Here in Davao, it is pretty strict. The only one i have seen get away with it are people who work on the street (vendors, jeepnry drivers, etc) and they really have to keep it hidden or they will still get fined. There was an article in the paper recently that well over P 1 Million in fines was collected last year. The bigger malls have smoking areas - though i have never seen one or even a sign for one! And most hotels will have an area set aside. Other then that? Nada that i know of. So, if you're coming to a Davao, hope you don't mind not smoking!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

But when he fired one up anyway

Tim this is not pointing at you just that you were the last one to reply ..... :hystery:

Interesting .... so back home (if you are from the US) if one see a no smoking sign one just fires up anyway ..... yea I'll bet .... if you did you would be fined or asked to leave ... but here in a foreign country they just feel they can do what ever they want .... while I agree a law is a law and should be obeyed by everyone BUT here I'm going to tell you something that no-one has ever heard before ..... we are a guest in this country ...... and if a guest came to visit me in my house and lit up after me telling him not to I would tell him to leave and not return .... but then that is just the way I am .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

I know we are guests... and I was not smoking  :)  

But so many locals are so non-confrontational no one will say anything.  So bob took advantage... may not be right - but it is pretty normal.  :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
keep your butts out of our city.

Dave Dave Dave, you still have not got your new glasses. There were two signs, one about smoking and the other telling you where to go.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Personally I welcome this ban.  I'm battling with bladder cancer and quit 30 years ago.  Any less pollution especially from tobacco which is the number one risk factor for bladder cancer reduces my risk of recurrence.  

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

My mate has a bar here in Bohol and is a smoker.. During Pacquio`s last fight we had a new expat moaning about the smoke in the open air bar..After we had a word with him,we are so glad that he left..Even not so graciously!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

As a smoker, I personally don't care. Coming from the most politically correct area in the world (California) I am used to going off into a remote corner lololololzzzzz.

What I find ironic is that most of the first world countries have been moving this direction for years. And almost all of us at one time or another have bitched about how backwards the Philippines at times. And here they are moving towards the rest of the 1st world and what to we do?? Bitch :thumbsup: .

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Smoking is like gun ownership those that enjoy it can't see why those that don't complain ...... as to reformed smokers being such intolerant arse holes could it be that while trying to eat or in a crowded place the smell is over whelming and takes away from YOUR enjoyment ..... and for those that say tuff titty ..... pack 6 guys into a car and you all light up and puff away with the windows rolled up and the aircon off .... maybe just maybe you will experience what it is like for a non-smoker to put up with having smoke blown in their face while they try to eat .... JMHO ....

And yes I am one of those intolerant arse holes ..... but I can usually work around it ....

#1 .... I don't frequent places where smokers are ....

#2 .... If I walk into a business and smell cigarette smoke I leave

#3 ..... If I am in there first and you come in and light up then you should leave or go where you can smoke

#4 .... While management may not tell you to put it out because you are a foreigner .... I'm not the least bit timid to tell you to

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2