Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would be interesting to hear an honest answer from a Filipina.

We know that Chris, Dave and a number of other expats here have found true happiness. Maybe that's the answer.

Who knows?  Mine says she loves me.  She acts like she loves me.  But how do you ever really know? But we seem to be doing ok  :tiphat:

You know when she gets her permanent residency. Then her Australian Citizenship and doesn't divorce you, sell your $500K house, take the kids and dissappear back to the Philippines.. :hystery:  :hystery:

Well it would be American citizenship, not Australian, but we have no plans of leaving the PI's (plus we are never having kids).  So I guess I will never know ha ha.   :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

Hmmmmmmmmmm well with some things as they are at the Moment I would say it really needs thinking about.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Age Doesn't Matter... Really???   Hmmmmmmmmmm well with some things as they are at the Moment I would say it really needs thinking about.

Are you suggesting that you married one who is too old?   :hystery:   JUST KIDDING.  Don't tell Corazon I said that.  :hystery:   But seriously, age of spouse does have advantages and disadvantages at all points of the spectrum.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Age Doesn't Matter... Really???   Hmmmmmmmmmm well with some things as they are at the Moment I would say it really needs thinking about.

Are you suggesting that you married one who is too old?   :hystery:   JUST KIDDING.  Don't tell Corazon I said that.  :hystery:   But seriously, age of spouse does have advantages and disadvantages at all points of the spectrum.

It was not she who be the problem!

(Hehe! Sorry, Jack, just couldn't resist!!! :D )

Thomas
Posted
Posted
When I met my wife she was 22 and I was 46.
Actualy in THAT age an around 20 years elder man suit BEST psychical and physical, but a 40 year old woman suit best with a 20 year YOUNGER man says sience  :)

But economical (=safety) and long time emotional reasons have CHANCE to compensate enough to keep a happy marriage "for ever".

I would be interesting to hear an honest answer from a Filipina.

We know that Chris, Dave and a number of other expats here have found true happiness. Maybe that's the answer.

Who knows?  Mine says she loves me.  She acts like she loves me.  But how do you ever really know? But we seem to be doing ok  :tiphat:

You know when she gets her permanent residency. Then her Australian Citizenship and doesn't divorce you, sell your $500K house, take the kids and dissappear back to the Philippines.. :hystery:  :hystery:

They LIVE together in the Philippines...  :)

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Dave I had the same experience, On several occasions people remarked about my size and my wife's, I'm 6' 250 and she's 5' 110  some told my wife as we took our evening walks in Cebu that I was going to split her open and then crush her. She told one particular group of young people when they made a similar remark, four guys and three girls "Maybe, but what a way to go". Or something to that effect.

She told another group that If that was going to happen, It would have already happened. No one has ever said anything about 21 year age difference.  Luckily, my wife loves that country song, "save a horse ride a cowboy". Hi oh... Silver Away!!!!!   

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Who in trouble now then 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
bob33809
Posted
Posted

I am still in the US. Today went out to breakfast. I saw an extremely beautiful young filipina and man clearly close to his 70s with a child of about 9 years old. They were sitting next to my table. They were having a great time. They were actually talking more than most other couples in the restaurant. And the child was just as involved in the conversation. This is definitely proof age only matters if you let it. They were definitely happy. Color me jealous

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

I am still in the US. Today went out to breakfast. I saw an extremely beautiful young filipina and man clearly close to his 70s with a child of about 9 years old. They were sitting next to my table. They were having a great time. They were actually talking more than most other couples in the restaurant. And the child was just as involved in the conversation. This is definitely proof age only matters if you let it. They were definitely happy. Color me jealous

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am married, you all know my situation. Plus at 65, I'm in better shape than most. We did 80 km hard bike yesterday and it did not phase me at all.

I got the attention of the owner of the small restaurant where we stop to eat. She is now 67. I know her a year and I will sometimes text her when the bikers are coming. I know she likes me a lot, even the staff likes me and it doesn't hurt I'm bring in up to 15-20 bikers for morning merienda. Yesterday we went a bit further north, but they were probably were expecting us, so I asked the boys to stop while I popped in there. No customers and she was all over me with kisses and even offering me free food. I like her too, but nah, not really ready to hook up with a 67 yo.

One the other side of the spectrum, wherever I go, I will attract the attention of young girls. Fascination with a foreigner I guess, but it would not take much for me to probably pick up a few CP numbers and take it from there. You know how it is here.

I'm quite happy at home, but it does not mean my eye doesn't wander. And I'm lucky, very lucky, Gina let's it go. I guess here what I mean to say, is if you as a foreigner do have this magnetic attraction, be careful with it. It can only lead to trouble.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
obir_der
Posted
Posted

Hi all. Lurker here but this is an interesting topic. Living in an expat area I've seen a mix bag of results. You see the couple who does have chemistry and then there are those that got together out of desperate situations (awkward sitting with them sometimes).

Personally I'm very picky so we have to share the same wavelength and being able to articulate how one feels is something I require. So far from experience in the 21-27 bracket there is still the childish tendencies.

I do wonder though if it was a daughter who would date/marry a guy 25-35 years her senior, how would that affect our view on this?

I don't have a kid and still on the fence of having one but given my history with women, having a daughter is a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk