Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese. 

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

At age 18 I was having a pretty torrid affair with a beautiful 36 year old. She taught me a LOT!  The age gap can be very beneficial.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

In the end, it matters.

That's a pun. The older partner will become frail, elderly, quite possibly cranky and difficult. The younger partner will have to do everything that caring for an eldderly person involves. Not nice. And then the older partner dies and... what, exactly, for the younger partner?

If she (it is usually she) is fortunate, she will have been left well provided for and can find an interest in her children and perhaps marry again.

If she is not fortunate, she will struggle, and look forward to a bleak and lonely old age.

bows00
Posted
Posted

If she is not fortunate, she will struggle, and look forward to a bleak and lonely old age.

This is where the age gap can have advantages. Older men tend to have more accumulated wealth and would be more likely to leave the wife with a nice inheritance.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
At age 18 I was having a pretty torrid affair with a beautiful 36 year old. She taught me a LOT!  The age gap can be very beneficial.

You dirty young man you .

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Every relationship will have issues...  So, why not enjoy what we have?

:mocking:  :rolleyes:  :tiphat:

• Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Old enough to know how and young enough to do it again :cheersty:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Aussie Rod
Posted
Posted

That is not the experience I have during my Philippine visits

it is more common to see large age gap couples, but in general, I believe the Filipino culture still frowns on it. It is not as normal as most expats believe.

Our beliefs and value systems are based on our own experiences and observations.  If I was commenting on this subject 8 years ago I would have said it is too good to be true and thus there must be more to this "age doesn't matter" mantra.

After 8 years, quite a few casual situations and 2 solid relationships I have come to the conclusion that age does not matter any more than all the other factors in a relationship.  For example:  Do you fit her physical comfort level?  Do you fit her 'means of support' comfort level?  Does she think you will make babies with her that she will be proud of? Does she think you will screw around?  I could go on and on and each of these matter, but none more than the other.

So age matters, race matters, sterility matters, money matters, and yet none of them seem to matter more than any other criteria.  Thus an old guy who rates high in the other criteria can get a beautiful young lady to love him OR an old guy who does not see the big picture can find a beautiful young lady to scam him.  You see it works the same in reverse.  Age and beauty of the young filipina do not matter any more than all the other criteria of a good relationship.  So wait for it, be the best man you can be, and don't jump for the wrong girl (or if you do then recognize it quickly and move on.)

PS:  Some would say that 2 solid relationships in 8 years is not a good track record.  I can tell you that age did not matter there.  It is not them its me.  Sometimes we have to look inward to find out why we can't find that life long, 40 year commitment.

I agree with Dave 100%. When I met my wife she was 22 and I was 46. Initially she wasn't interested because of my age. As we got to know each other everything changed. All the factors Dave listed above came into play. All the positives outweighed the negitives.   It was to her beauty that 1st attracted me but all the other factors I discovered about her is the reason I married her. We have now been married 7 years and have 2 children. I have had lots of re;ationships in my life but never married or had any children. She is the best companion and lover I have ever had. The fact I'm 24 years older than her doesn't matter to us.

• Like 4

Aussie Rod
Posted
Posted

I would be interesting to hear an honest answer from a Filipina.

We know that Chris, Dave and a number of other expats here have found true happiness. Maybe that's the answer.

Who knows?  Mine says she loves me.  She acts like she loves me.  But how do you ever really know? But we seem to be doing ok  :tiphat:

You know when she gets her permanent residency. Then her Australian Citizenship and doesn't divorce you, sell your $500K house, take the kids and dissappear back to the Philippines.. :hystery:  :hystery:

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Age as such does NOT matter.

Looks, maturity (calm & laid back), lack of maturity (giggling dare devil), financial status/capacity, chemistry, lust, fetish styled ideas, need to relive youth, need to feel more grown up and a trillion other factors does.

I go for the milf factor. Others don't.

Age? Nah.