Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

chris49
Posted
Posted

Hi all. Lurker here but this is an interesting topic. Living in an expat area I've seen a mix bag of results. You see the couple who does have chemistry and then there are those that got together out of desperate situations (awkward sitting with them sometimes).

Personally I'm very picky so we have to share the same wavelength and being able to articulate how one feels is something I require. So far from experience in the 21-27 bracket there is still the childish tendencies.

I do wonder though if it was a daughter who would date/marry a guy 25-35 years her senior, how would that affect our view on this?

I don't have a kid and still on the fence of having one but given my history with women, having a daughter is a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

21-27 esp on the lower end is young. I did marry a younger one, see earlier in the thread. Once the girl hits, 25, 27, let's say 30, the maturity does increase, but also the possibility of her having some complex personal problems does increase.

If my daughter is 18-21 dating a 50 year old and above man, I show my concern. Or if the guy was 60, I would review the situation, try to discourage her.

I do have 2 girls, 25 and 28 currently ,mixed Sri Lankan/Aussie. Thre is no way for me to have any input on a 25 yo daughter. They are well educated, mature. If I even tried, they are going to shut the door on me pretty dam quick.

But in the Philippines. Again I will have my daughter well educated so the chances of her hooking up with an ex pat pesnsioner are low. But if she did. If the guy is a loser type, subsisting only on a small pension, drinker, smoker. I tell the guy to F...off and go to extreme measures to keep him away. But every situation is different. I met one the other day. 65 yo retired pilot, still doing contract work, with a 26 yo Filipina and that looked perfectly normal to me. So it depends. Depends also on my daughter, then at age 25, what exactly can you do anyway.

Another thing I consider. What if my daughter hooks up with a dubious Filipino, same age range. Nothing I can do if she's over 21, so that is just as bad if not worse than an elderly ex pat.

• Like 2

obir_der
Posted
Posted
Once the girl hits, 25, 27, let's say 30, the maturity does increase,"

You have more patience than me.

I see you were born in the US and it seems you have the North American bias to be 'very picky'.  That is the attitude which drove many men to a country where the ladies are more 'wiling to try' than 'very picky'.  But no harm feeling the way you do, it just explains why many of us feel the way we do.

Color me confused but how does my personal preference drive away men from seeking women from their own country? When I left mine I did it on my own volition.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Color me confused but how does my personal preference drive away men from seeking women from their own country? When I left mine I did it on my own volition.

My sincere apologies.  I somehow misread your post and replied to what I 'thought' I read instead of what you actually said.  I have edited/deleted my post as you are right, it does not make sense.  :1 (103):

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Once the girl hits, 25, 27, let's say 30, the maturity does increase,"

You have more patience than me.

??? Why do you need patience for that??? You can START the dating, when she is at least 25 allready  :)

--

Science say normal brains aren't ready, not mature enough for a long time relation before around 25 anyway.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Science say normal brains aren't ready, not mature enough for a long time relation before around 25 anyway.

I was taught; aging is mandatory.........Maturity is optional.

Just like Peter Pan....NEVER GROW UP

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

not mature enough for a long time relation before around 25 anyway

Uhhhh......Horse Manure :714_full_of_crap:

:cheersty:

Triple like.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

not mature enough for a long time relation before around 25 anyway

Uhhhh......Horse Manure :714_full_of_crap:

:cheersty:

I didn't say that "I say" it, I said "Science say". I have been mature since I were 4 years old, and talked and thought as a lawyer when I were 10  :lol:

But IF science isn't corect - How come there are so many divorces/separations?...   :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

"Science" must not know some of the old men I have met.  In certain circumstances the girl is more mature than the man when she is 17.  Its the guy who is not mature enough for a long term relationship before around 52 errrr 25 I mean  :morning1:

• Like 4

obir_der
Posted
Posted

??? Why do you need patience for that??? You can START the dating, when she is at least 25 allready :)

I was referring to the idea of starting a relationship with a young woman with childish tendencies and patiently waiting for her to grow more mature over the years. But you said it, date them when they are past those tendencies. Again i'm talking from personal experience. I'm sure there are those that are mature for their age.