Eating Habits

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This forum recommends Corn Flakes for both nutrition and cost comparisons to other countries...

Yeah, yeah, I know... The older guys here will get it though... Right guys? Guys?

:D

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Had fresh goat yesterday along with a few brandies after the morning bike ride.

We also had miki miki, noodle soup along the way. Crunchy chicharon on top of a coconut milk based broth.

We had caldareta na kambing and keliwin, raw meat attached to the skin. I ate plenty. Then sinagang na kambing. Just about to go home, when the host said "lunch will be served" Typical Filipino's they had a prayer first.

Lunch was pinakbet, afritada na baboy, igadoo, pancit bihon, mixed with canton.. Masarap, so had a few more brandies.

About to leave mid afternoon, they announced merienda to be served. Spaghetti Filipino style and that brown rice sweet thing they serve. So another prayer and some water, pepsi, a few more splashes of Empi.

Left the house at 5 30 AM, came home 6 PM. Gina did not say a word, up to now but you never know even 1-2 days later she might. It was bike club, so she might be ok.

Edited by chris49

chris49
Posted
Posted

This forum recommends Corn Flakes for both nutrition and cost comparisons to other countries...

Yeah, yeah, I know... The older guys here will get it though... Right guys? Guys?

:D

That has gone right over my head. Hidden meaning?

I probably get a box of Fitness Flakes once a year. With yoghurt and honey over 3-4 mornings.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

For my first 3 months here we stayed at my mother in laws bamboo house and I still have dreams or maybe nightmares of hearing that fryer going at 5am.

Rice, fried hotdogs and fried eggs for breakfast. Caeen, caeen.. Eat, eat.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

fried eggs

Warm Dippy Sunny side ups or cold hard stodge? :rolleyes:

It's OK Steve we have all been there and suffered this so we really do understand :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

fried eggs

Warm Dippy Sunny side ups or cold hard stodge? :rolleyes:

It's OK Steve we have all been there and suffered this so we really do understand :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

A little of both I think.

I remember the first time we went to the grocery store we bought about 12 bottles of cooking oil. I thought we were buying oil for the entire family but no such luck.

• Like 1

tohopko
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to get my wife to eat more healthy food.It is quite hard to ween her off of white rice and she does not like to eat vegetables,even though she was brought on a farm. I told her that if she continued to eat so much white rice she may turn into a diabetic as the starch in rice turns into sugar and she may have to inject insulin every day.. This has had a limited affect.

Now I am going to show her this article and see if it helps.

Here's a quote from Livestrong.com: "White rice is the same plant as brown rice, but white rice is actually only the inner part of the rice grain. A milling process removes the indigestible outer hull and the bran, leaving only the starchy white endosperm. Because the milling process removes vitamins from the rice, in the U.S. most white rice has B vitamins added back into it. The glycemic index of white is 44 for converted rice, 56 for long-grain white rice and 72 for short-grain white rice."

So Long Grain White has a better GI than Short Grain.  The Brown is better because it has the fiber intact. If you can get her eating more fiber in her diet along with the better white rice, you will have a healthier, and happier wife becauase you won't be complaining about her diet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My daughter likes pickled red cabbage and hot sauce I have not let her eat too much as I think about the acid content as she is so young.

• Like 1

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

It's not just the rice. Rice has been consumed in Asia for 1000's of years. Magic sarap and coke and candy and sweet bread treats are more than likely to be the culprit.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
It's not just the rice. Rice has been consumed in Asia for 1000's of years. Magic sarap and coke and candy and sweet bread treats are more than likely to be the culprit.
No not just rice but the amount of rice.
  • Like 2