Umbrellas

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
If using raincoat, it don't need to be carried

True but very impractical for the Philippines (In my experience anyway). Being an uncultured Yank, I was adamantly opposed to using an umbrella at anytime. Didn't want anyone mistaking me for an Englishman :hystery: .

I carried a lightweight raincoat, put it on once, kept the rain out but it made me sweat so much that I might as well not have worn it :1 (103):  :1 (103): .

Unless your on a bike or lost your umbrella, raincoats just don't cut it here :tiphat:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Umbrella or Raincoat  now let me think

post-2574-0-97183100-1442734258_thumb.jppost-2574-0-57035700-1442734266_thumb.jp

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I carried a lightweight raincoat, put it on once, kept the rain out but it made me sweat so much that I might as well not have worn it

Raincoat = portable sauna

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If using raincoat, it don't need to be carried

True but very impractical for the Philippines (In my experience anyway). Being an uncultured Yank, I was adamantly opposed to using an umbrella at anytime. Didn't want anyone mistaking me for an Englishman :hystery: .

I carried a lightweight raincoat, put it on once, kept the rain out but it made me sweat so much that I might as well not have worn it :1 (103):  :1 (103): .

Unless your on a bike or lost your umbrella, raincoats just don't cut it here :tiphat:

Well. Poncho type of raincoat isn't tight. It's hot and humid in Latin America too  :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well. Poncho type of raincoat isn't tight. It's hot and humid in Latin America too

OK, You come here and wear it.  Take a picture of yourself walking around in it.  Notice that you are the only one doing it (who is not riding a motorcycle) and then come here and recommend it.  THEN we will take this advice seriously.  Until then, I think its a joke (and yes I have tried it.)

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Could it be used for some sort of weight lost thing, and would it be better wearing it just in pants and a vest, string vest at that

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I wear a hat.  

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Could it be used for some sort of weight lost thing, and would it be better wearing it just in pants and a vest, string vest at that

Is that with a knotted handkerchief?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Is that with a knotted handkerchief?

:hystery:  Please don't get me started I am in in enough trouble to day.

Me and Kev on a Beer Meet post-2148-0-67060700-1442815749_thumb.jp  :dance:

JP :)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Me and Kev on a Beer Meet

:omg: