Umbrellas

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:omg:   

Ah I see the envy has set in  post-2148-0-04219600-1442818570_thumb.jp You too could look like us post-2148-0-07632700-1442818727_thumb.jp I mean you were all invited to post-2148-0-82907100-1442818611.jpg  :hystery:

And if you have found it/them you could have brought one of these post-2148-0-68233700-1442819106.jpg Cos it does rain quite a bit in Dumaguete.

JP :thumbsup:

Edited to stay on Topic a Bit.  :)

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Ah I see the envy has set in

Jack old sod, (hope I am using the idiom right, masterpiece theater doesn't always explain) once again my diet coke came right out my nostrils

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack old sod, (hope I am using the idiom right, masterpiece theater doesn't always explain) once again my diet coke came right out my nostrils

:hystery:  Well pictures speaking volumes and better than words, they say, something must have worked to get a Coke revolt  post-2148-0-94600400-1442821456.png

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Me and Kev on a Beer Meet

:omg:

Don`t worry I don`t own any long socks.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Is that with a knotted handkerchief?

:hystery:  Please don't get me started I am in in enough trouble to day.

Me and Kev on a Beer Meet attachicon.gifexpats.jpg  :dance:

JP :)

love the socks

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

If using raincoat, it don't need to be carried

True but very impractical for the Philippines (In my experience anyway). Being an uncultured Yank, I was adamantly opposed to using an umbrella at anytime. Didn't want anyone mistaking me for an Englishman :hystery: .

I carried a lightweight raincoat, put it on once, kept the rain out but it made me sweat so much that I might as well not have worn it :1 (103):  :1 (103): .

Unless your on a bike or lost your umbrella, raincoats just don't c   ut it here :tiphat:

Well. Poncho type of raincoat isn't tight. It's hot and humid in Latin America too  :)

We use it for shade mostly They do have raincoats for when they visit the inlaws in the mountains I would not use a raincoat as I wore wet weather gear in the UK and was wetter  than i would have been had i not bothered.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I do have a nice rain cape from Scotland.  It is a bit hot though.  I only wear it if I am out in a typhoon...which I try not to be....  :tiphat:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Was coming home the other night around 8-30 pm and all the school kids, boys and girls were walking along the road as they do here, the rain was really coming down and not an umbrella or rain coat to be seen, they were all in their school uniforms absolutely soaking wet, not a care in the world or so it seemed.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Was coming home the other night around 8-30 pm and all the school kids, boys and girls were walking along the road as they do here, the rain was really coming down and not an umbrella or rain coat to be seen, they were all in their school uniforms absolutely soaking wet, not a care in the world or so it seemed.

Same as here Today at Lunch time, anyone selling umbrellas in Dumaguete today will have made a killing, it has been raining nearly all day But Bought today lost tomorrow  :hystery:

JP :tiphat:  Tucked up in the Dry, Fingers crossed Electric and Connection hold out  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's common Filipinos think it's dangerous to get rain at their head, so perhaps they were apatic or in shock ?  :mocking: