The Older Older Man

stevewool
Posted
Posted

They say you cant help falling in love, but love is the most easy word to say to someone who needs to hear it but without you meaning it,

There have been a few threads about the older man with the younger lady, very rare the other way round,

For all you folk out there who are in love then i wish you all well but what about the few who may think i dont have a partner but a career for the future,

You may show them affection at first and indeed they may show you what you may be wanting too, but what happens when you get bored or are wanting a younger model, or even worst they may get bored of you,

I have known a chap who used to go to the Phils on a regular basis he was retired and just looking for a good time, he was life and sole of the parties over there and he found this lady , she is here now in England but guess what his age has caught up with him, he sleeps all day and does bugger all, his young wife now feels alone and all she is to him is his career, was that his plan all along,

I dont know what happened to them both, but i wish her well,

So have any of us looked ahead of our lives thinking i am onto a good thing, i supose it would be ok if you are both in love and have show respect for one another all your married life 

• Like 5

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

They say you cant help falling in love, but love is the most easy word to say to someone who needs to hear it but without you meaning it,

There have been a few threads about the older man with the younger lady, very rare the other way round,

For all you folk out there who are in love then i wish you all well but what about the few who may think i dont have a partner but a career for the future,

You may show them affection at first and indeed they may show you what you may be wanting too, but what happens when you get bored or are wanting a younger model, or even worst they may get bored of you,

I have known a chap who used to go to the Phils on a regular basis he was retired and just looking for a good time, he was life and sole of the parties over there and he found this lady , she is here now in England but guess what his age has caught up with him, he sleeps all day and does bugger all, his young wife now feels alone and all she is to him is his career, was that his plan all along,

So have any of us looked ahead of our lives thinking i am onto a good thing, i supose it would be ok if you are both in love and have show respect for one another all your married life 

Steve had to read this a few times and finally worked it out, you mean carer as in someone that's looks after you and not career as in one's job

• Like 2

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

I know the Filipinas have the perception that a Western man is more attentive, caring, empowering, etc just as a a Western man has the perception the Filipina acts much more traditionally lady like or girly. Individual mileage may vary...

I know I've always done my best to try to make my older wife (+ 5 years) feel special and loved. As to age, who cares? If two people are happy with each other, so what???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

Well Jack, on that point I do agree.

But I am answering the question which is hidden somewhere in Steve's OP.

Fast aging old guy in the UK, his wife is now lonely. Is that something she is going to tolerate over the long term. My self I don't know, but the leaning of the question suggests she is already unhappy.

Now me at 65. And let's jump ahead to when I'm 85. Gina will be 45, the kids might have moved on by then.Actually I am not sure how it will play out. Who does know?

There are probably no case histories here on the forum. But there must be some anecdotal evidence somewhere?

Is that what you want Steve? Case histories?

I have about 3 where the guy has died leaving some considerable resources to the wife.Mostly property. I assume there is some kind of trade off there. She gives loving care and he leaves her some kind of legacy.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

A young Filipina in the UK married to a tired or tiring old man is clearly a problem. If she is not working, what has she to do. And if she does get out of the house, one hesitates to think what might happen. If she's pretty?

Sorry I have to Disagree. The one thing we all ( well most of us) agree on is how Respectful and Faithful our wives are and if some will now Disagree with this then we have some Untruth teller( Liars even ) among us.

I may speak at this time for me but in the main the Filipina is adamant to her Vows. "Till Death do us Part" For me, anyone That can't agree to this and sees his lady Wondering about looking, has the wrong Lady

That's me Folksattachicon.gifwink.png

Jack :)

I totally agree as a example my little woman went for a manicure today as its fiesta time on sunday here, and she brings me back a pizza and 2 doughnuts !! I didnt ask she just does it we have been married since 2002 and yes we are still in love stronger than ever.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

But I am answering the question which is hidden somewhere in Steve's OP.

Well if there is a Question I missed it but I still say a Good Filapina will be there till the End. I know mine will be. post-2148-0-93537800-1443778708.png That is what our marriage is all about. Commitment. :thumbsup:

Jack  :)

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So this topic is meant to be Philippines related or in generally ? 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Steve had to read this a few times and finally worked it out, you mean carer as in someone that's looks after you and not career as in one's job

Sorry Chris I ment to say carers. Wow it just shows how much I need. My Ems .I am going senile already

• Like 2