The Older Older Man

canadamale
Posted
Posted

there ain't no good in a evil hearted women, I weren't cut out to be no Jessie James, don't go writing bad checks down in Mississippi and there ain't no good chain gang words of wisdom sung by the late great Walyon Jennings

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have NO such stories direct from sourse, but I have heared some saying such widows will get several offers soon from YOUNG Filipinos, wanting their money...

That is correct Thomas on 2 points.

As usual you have no direct evidence but you have heard from your sources.

Now if I died. And my wife is getting offers from young Filipinos. how will that affect me?

No direct stories? Seems to be a pattern mate.

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted (edited)

"**He comes over to meet her and calls her his fiance. This girl is pretty, way out of my league, but he pushes through and gets her a visit visa to Australia. They spent 2 months together and the guy was blissfully happy. But she had to go back to the Philippines and he had not reached pension age. So to bridge the gap he starts sending her money and her demands keep increasing. And he fills her demands as much as he can until he runs out of cash. Still 2-3 months away from his retirement, he can no longer send her money. She basically cuts off the relationship and disappears, no further contact."

Too, true, some people are an easy target due to thinking with the wrong head.  Although it's not always just the age difference or the money, it's the individual people themselves.  When I was living in the Middle East, a friend's cleaning lady (Filipina) was married, but her Filipino husband remained in the Philippines.  She had a Filipino boyfriend in the Middle East for emotional satisfaction, and an Arab boyfriend who took her out wining and dining on the weekends.  But that was just her; the Filipinos who knew her were equally disgusted with her behavior.  After I was divorced I was burned a couple times in the US by women who cheated on me after we had been dating a long time.  I just chalked it up to weeding out the bad ones before I made the decision to marry.  I consider myself a good judge of character, and I believe most of the Filipinas I dated were honest and trustworthy.  Having dated my wife for four years before marrying I am confident my wife and I will be together for life.

OK, coming full circle, I guess my point is that it's like buying a used car or house...you need to do your due diligence before pulling the trigger.  Or as the Romans used to say, caveat emptor!

Edited by Maxheadspace
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I bet if you do a hand count on whose been fooled i bet its a good few, but also i bet there are a few good women who have been fooled by us men too,,

Like many it took me a few attempts to find the right one,

The first one took me for a lot , well if you call £20 xmas gift to her boys (thats if she had any) plus a used copy cd or Elvis greatest hits, I think i came out of that one good, but you do learn very very quick,

The best advice i can give anyone traveling down the road were many have gone before is , just be truefull to who you are speaking too, people soon show there true colours after awhile,

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

The topic is excellent. The question was poorly worded, but after we got the meaning of what Steve was asking, I thought it has been a reasonable discussion.

Chris, i have all these great thoughts all day long and i think wait till i get home and i will try to put what i am thinking to paper, or to key board , but somehow from my head to my fingers it gets mixed up a little,

I still see what i am saying from my head, but its not until someone mentions it later in the thread i think silly bugger why did you say it that way,

AM I GOING MAD, :1 (103):

Hello Steve,

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one.  Trying to transfer my thoughts to a keyboard is getting harder for me.  In fact, when I preview my own posts, nearly all of them require drastic revisions or deletions of my stupid and silly ways.  I do rely on my previous comments since I became a member here.  I believe I have been consistent on my train of thought, especially about the Filipina.

For example, the topic Can an X bar girl make a good wife (Jan 2009, 18 pages, now closed) was my first deep thought about understanding desperate people forced to do desperate things.  I guess that can be applied to the lonely expat as well.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The topic is excellent. The question was poorly worded, but after we got the meaning of what Steve was asking, I thought it has been a reasonable discussion.

Chris, i have all these great thoughts all day long and i think wait till i get home and i will try to put what i am thinking to paper, or to key board , but somehow from my head to my fingers it gets mixed up a little,

I still see what i am saying from my head, but its not until someone mentions it later in the thread i think silly bugger why did you say it that way,

AM I GOING MAD, :1 (103):

Hello Steve,

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one.  Trying to transfer my thoughts to a keyboard is getting harder for me.  In fact, when I preview my own posts, nearly all of them require drastic revisions or deletions of my stupid and silly ways.  I do rely on my previous comments since I became a member here.  I believe I have been consistent on my train of thought, especially about the Filipina.

For example, the topic Can an X bar girl make a good wife (Jan 2009, 18 pages, now closed) was my first deep thought about understanding desperate people forced to do desperate things.  I guess that can be applied to the lonely expat as well.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Thats so funny Jake , i understand all what you have said before , and what you are saying now, and you never know all what you still have to say, :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have NO such stories direct from sourse, but I have heared some saying such widows will get several offers soon from YOUNG Filipinos, wanting their money...

That is correct Thomas on 2 points.

As usual you have no direct evidence but you have heard from your sources.

Now if I died. And my wife is getting offers from young Filipinos. how will that affect me?

No direct stories? Seems to be a pattern mate.

So what when my info is corect?   :lol: 

E g as you have found out now yourself by WASTING some money, my info about pig breeding was corect...  :mocking:  (=Not worth trying to breed them over a certain weight, which of course can be different depending of which pig race type it is.)

I DON'T believe everything anyone say.  I talk to MANY, who know they will never get a penny from me (only free business knowledge, which I get rather good pay for otherwice. Recently I made a big part of a homework for a Master student, and the teacher found it done fine : )  

So IN DIFFERENCE from your family-in-law and other people you meet there, my sources have no money gain chance by not telling the truth...  My sources are telling me BAD things too, some very embarrassing for themselves.

Some of my sources are Swedes, who I have known long time (25 - 50 years).

And I often have several sourses, which I compare to each other, before I make my conclusions. (For instance it's a HUGE difference between what different sources including official ones say about mango harvests as well as palm oil, which have made mango orchard droped from my favorite to I will probably NOT have any such (except perhaps if I will get big trees very cheap  :)

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

For example, the topic Can an X bar girl make a good wife (Jan 2009, 18 pages, now closed) was my first deep thought about understanding desperate people forced to do desperate things. I guess that can be applied to the lonely expat as well.

Would like to read that. I suspect that ex bar girls married to foreigners are extremely rare, because neither the husband nor the wife will want to tell anyone that (a) the husband visited girlie bars or (b) the wife worked in one. So whilst there are always plenty of young ladies of negotiable affection working in bars, and those of us who visit such places* have perhaps gone back to a bar after a few months and asked after a girl and been told "oh, she got married already!", there are vanishingly few housewives who have ever been anywhere near a bar! ;)

* Edited to add - for the past five years, any visits to girlie bars have been in the company of K and a handful of friends, often including her brother..

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well Jack, on that point I do agree.

But I am answering the question which is hidden somewhere in Steve's OP.

Fast aging old guy in the UK, his wife is now lonely. Is that something she is going to tolerate over the long term. My self I don't know, but the leaning of the question suggests she is already unhappy.

Now me at 65. And let's jump ahead to when I'm 85. Gina will be 45, the kids might have moved on by then.Actually I am not sure how it will play out. Who does know?

There are probably no case histories here on the forum. But there must be some anecdotal evidence somewhere?

Is that what you want Steve? Case histories?

I have about 3 where the guy has died leaving some considerable resources to the wife.Mostly property. I assume there is some kind of trade off there. She gives loving care and he leaves her some kind of legacy.

I guess this all depends on how old is old and how young is young. I work with a few guys who hobble around like they are 100 and then find out they are 10 years younger than me. Plenty of 40 year olds who come home to spend their lives watching sports and drinking beer, and how should I put it - can't satisfy their wives already. As the old saying goes, it's not the age, it's the attitude. Or perhaps it's the oten :)

Got a good friend in my Fil-Am group: 72 with a 32 wife; 10 years + married. The guy's very happy, still working and from what he says, a horny devil. 

As to the women, some of them might want to burn the candle at both ends but most seem happy to be home with their family. My wife works hard and has no energy to party all night. Matches my speed, though we did spend the weekend in Vegas and partied a bit :)

We are all going to get older and change. If you can predict what you will be like in 20 years and what she will be like - you're smarter than me. So for me, if I am lucky enough to get to that age (even with some associated problems) and she is still with me - we will work it out as best as we can. I think it's a pretty good problem to have. 

Edited by davewe
  • Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
We are all going to get older and change. If you can predict what you will be like in 20 years and what she will be like - you're smarter than me. So for me, if I am lucky enough to get to that age (even with some associated problems) and she is still with me - we will work it out as best as we can. I think it's a pretty good problem to have. 

I take the time I can get. Maybe one night with a very sexy woman (dreaming), or as in my case let's say 5 year or 10 or more with a young loving woman. Dam, guys, I take that. If back home I am unlikely to get a woman like that to even say hello.

I will take the 5 years or 10, and worry about the rest later. I agree sticking around together is a good problem to have.

• Like 3