The Older Older Man

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Moved topic. Cleaned up posts. Taking something for my massive headache.  :9436:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Moved topic. Cleaned up posts. Taking something for my massive headache.  :9436:

This is getting too much.....grope hug again?  Thanks Boss Man!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Here is a photo of my girlfriend with the Philippines' current hottest male star,Jake Cuenca,

Meths, I am Totally Confused Now, I thought you and "K" were married? That may just put in another twist.post-2148-0-88094900-1443848812.png if Not

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

The poor guy from Australia (actual case history) 65 years old was waiting to collect his Age Pension. No other financial resources. Not sure his history but absolutely sure, no recent gf. About a year before retirement he starts doing his research and meets a very beautiful Cebuana girl.

**He comes over to meet her and calls her his fiance. This girl is pretty, way out of my league, but he pushes through and gets her a visit visa to Australia. They spent 2 months together and the guy was blissfully happy. But she had to go back to the Philippines and he had not reached pension age. So to bridge the gap he starts sending her money and her demands keep increasing. And he fills her demands as much as he can until he runs out of cash. Still 2-3 months away from his retirement, he can no longer send her money. She basically cuts off the relationship and disappears, no further contact.

The young Filipina esp if young and pretty and met on line, hooking up with a rather naive older man is not going to epitomize the Filipina qualities which are mentioned earlier in the thread. She might, but it's a package deal. You give me everything that I want and I am yours. If not I'm gone.

Those of us here on the forum do have some background experience, some point of reference from which to deal with such situations. We selected our partner's perhaps after a few experiences and maybe a few mistakes and eventually we hope we got the right one. If we are good to her and she is sweet and loving in return, we can reasonably expect her to stick it out for the long term.

The guy who has no experience here picks his partner at his own risk. He is the naive one, the girl has enough experience to get what she wants, but I would not expect her to stick around if he can't satisfy her or perhaps with her looks she can see something better on the horizon.

I'm 65. You won't see me hooked up with a 25 yo ex beauty queen.  But give me a simple girl who appreciates my effort or her behalf, and vice versa, I think we have a reasonable chance to stick it out. If I'm alive even if later on less active, maybe disabled, my pensions will accumulate. The beneficiary would be the partner. If ever I took that away or denied her access to support money, I would not expect the same level of loyalty. It's a 2 way street of give and take.

**this guy did come over at 65 and lived off his pension, staying with a friend. He ran out of money in 2 months and had to go home to regroup. He got an advance loan off his pension and managed to get back, but after deductions for repayment, the amount was very small. He went through 3 gf in 8 months none of them over 25. In the middle of that he jumped to Thailand rather than renew his visa and stayed there for 60 days (whatever is the visa plus one extension). He came back here with 11k pesos remaining and he got only the 29 day visa while waiting out time, staying again with a friend until 1-2 pensions accumulate again.

Bottom line: the guy is an easy target. You can see from the narrative a woman is not going to stay with him long term, on minimal support. She will check it out and quickly move on if she's not getting what she wants.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Free education and healthcare no I pay taxes in the UK, mate don`t fall into the category of people who say it is free as that is usually the freeloaders and I don`t think you are one of them.

I pay 40% tax, plus national insurance, plus council tax, in the UK.

I pay that to support a health service and an education system which are free at the point of delivery, to whoever needs them. This is a good bargain, as not only does it provide me with a safety net, so to speak, but it does the same for everyone else, which makes our society a safer place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevewool
Posted
Posted

O dear :unsure:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

. This is a good bargain, as not only does it provide me with a safety net, so to speak, but it does the same for everyone else, which makes our society a safer place.

Yes it does give a safety net to all who enters England, but a safer place , well we shall wait and see

chris49
Posted
Posted

The topic is excellent. The question was poorly worded, but after we got the meaning of what Steve was asking, I thought it has been a reasonable discussion.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The topic is excellent. The question was poorly worded, but after we got the meaning of what Steve was asking, I thought it has been a reasonable discussion.

Chris, i have all these great thoughts all day long and i think wait till i get home and i will try to put what i am thinking to paper, or to key board , but somehow from my head to my fingers it gets mixed up a little,

I still see what i am saying from my head, but its not until someone mentions it later in the thread i think silly bugger why did you say it that way,

AM I GOING MAD, :1 (103):

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

. This is a good bargain, as not only does it provide me with a safety net, so to speak, but it does the same for everyone else, which makes our society a safer place.

Yes it does give a safety net to all who enters England, but a safer place , well we shall wait and see

Maybe I can put it this way. I think that "more equal" societies, like Scandinavia to use the usual example, are generally nicer and safer places to live. These are places that have high tax rates, but a part of that high tax goes to make the whole country a nice place. In a place which is very unequal, like the Philippines, to get the same level of safety I have to live in a gated community, which is expensive, and I am only "safer" when inside that gated community or in, say, a mall, which is another form of gated community.

I feel like I am paying tax to reduce worries.  (Ten American liberarians will be along in a minute, to tell me that I ought to stand on my own two feet, be independent, pay no taxes, be prepared to go bankrupt oif I get ill  and tote a six gun with me wherever I go...to which I say that if they like to like that way that is their choice, but in a free world I also have choices and my choice is not theirs..)

Since I have just got an import licence for two immigrants, who by the way have to pay a £600 surcharge each to use the NHS, I had better keep out of the immigrant debate, but I will just say that I don't approve of giving refugee status to economic migrants who broke the law to get into Europe.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1