The Older Older Man

stevewool
Posted
Posted

of the immigrant debate, but I will just say that I don't approve of giving refugee status to economic migrants who broke the law to get into Europe.

No one is listening to you, but you are not alone :1 (103):

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

of the immigrant debate, but I will just say that I don't approve of giving refugee status to economic migrants who broke the law to get into Europe.

No one is listening to you, but you are not alone :1 (103):

The only solution that I can see is to do what we British did in Hong Kong when HK was facing waves of illegal immigrants in 1980 - compulsory ID cards, to be carried at all times, and police power to search places suspected of housing or employing illegal immigrants.

whoops! Off topic again! Ignore that!

Back to the topic, I think Jake makes an extremely good point about whether you like each other and like doing things together, quite separate from the "love" side of things.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Here is a photo of my girlfriend with the Philippines' current hottest male star,Jake Cuenca,

Meths, I am Totally Confused Now, I thought you and "K" were married? That may just put in another twist.attachicon.gifwink.png if Not

Jack :unsure:

No, we have been Living In Sin... but there are vague plans for her to Make an Honest Man Out of Me in our local parish church. The Rector is OK with the re-marriage of the divorced (me) but has not yet been apprised of K's intention to get married in white Daisy Dukes and a T shirt. This seems to me to be an excellent plan but we will have to see if it withstands contact with General Winter!

• Like 2

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

I think it all boils down to what a person is seeking in a spouse. If it's just the sex that will likely be a short-lived marriage. I dated my wife partly because she was closer to my age (6 yrs younger). I didn't want a young wife dumping me when she has to change my adult diapers. Since this was my third wife, I also wanted to make sure she'd be my last, so we dated 4 years before tying the knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

The poor guy from Australia (actual case history) 65 years old was waiting to collect his Age Pension. No other financial resources. Not sure his history but absolutely sure, no recent gf. About a year before retirement he starts doing his research and meets a very beautiful Cebuana girl.

Bottom line: the guy is an easy target. You can see from the narrative a woman is not going to stay with him long term, on minimal support. She will check it out and quickly move on if she's not getting what she wants.

Right on Chris!  Your narrative above are lessoned learned for all new and veteran expats alike.  He likes to go fishing, flashing his fancy bait and getting the big one(s).  When his bait runs out because of ignoring the obvious, well he becomes shark bait sooner or later.  Conversely, the pretty fish waits for another weak hook and the story repeats itself a thousand times over.  And I don't blame her.  

Pretty girls with their pretty boys and their pretty toys (yachts, BMW, pension) makes for really good reality TV series.  In the Philippines, when you add some OA (over acting) with crocodile tears, then the TV series becomes a hit, played out by us expats that have excellent vision but are totally blind.  Easy targets indeed.

Respectfully -- Jake 

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

You have to see it from the girl's point of view. She only has one life and her looks won't last.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I'm only talking about them who are NOT golddiggers,

but they can want economical security.

or even worst they may get bored of you,
Well. I DON'T expect any young Filipina will love me PASHIONATE,

BUT specialy poor (single mother) Filipinas, who has been abandoned, or she has left an abusive, lazy, useless husband, can find attraction in not need to worry about rent and geting food, so they can be satisfied with that if they are treated ok. If they find the husband funny/interesting intellectualy, that's a bohnus   :)

If they get kids with you, they will not have time to be bored   :lol:   in a long time.  

I plan to involve my future wife in the business when kids get older, so then she will be occupied some by that. She seem to LIKE learning new things.

I'm boooooooring for the sorounding, when I work concentrated, so the more I will retire, the more funny I will be...  :mocking:

Several Filipinas seem interested in learning things I know, and laugh at my jokes. It's left to see if my gf will laugh at my jokes after we are married too...  :lol:

Now me at 65. And let's jump ahead to when I'm 85. Gina will be 45, the kids might have moved on by then.Actually I am not sure how it will play out. Who does know? There are probably no case histories here on the forum. But there must be some anecdotal evidence somewhere? Is that what you want Steve? Case histories? I have about 3 where the guy has died leaving some considerable resources to the wife.Mostly property. I assume there is some kind of trade off there. She gives loving care and he leaves her some kind of legacy.
I have NO such stories direct from sourse, but I have heared some saying such widows will get several offers soon from YOUNG Filipinos, wanting their money...   :)  

Jake
Posted
Posted

You have to see it from the girl's point of view. She only has one life and her looks won't last.

Yeah Andrew, you and I have been there.  She could be a ten bagger (putting a brown paper bag over her head) and still make nookie all night.  We are such a pig, don't you think?  

Respectfully -- Oink, oink

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah Andrew, you and I have been there.  She could be a ten bagger (putting a brown paper bag over her head) and still make nookie all night.  We are such a pig, don't you think?  

Respectfully -- Oink, oink

Well there ain't no ugly woman after 3 a.m :cheers:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I cannot tell a lie:

When  I suggested to K (bear in mind we had been "an item" for four years by this point) that she might like to join me in the UK - this was at Christmas last year -  she said - this conversation took place in her aunt's farm house,on the slopes of Kanlaon - 

"I will take all your money!"

"That's fine, it's yours anyway!"
"I will make love to lots of men!"

"I'll take that risk!"

"Specially young men who are pogi and who have sports cars!"

"Naturally!"

"When you get old, I will leave you!"

"Of course"

"Well, all right, I'll go there, then!"

So, you see, I have already signed off on the whole plan, and I will have only myself to blame when it all goes pear shaped.

You may also see why I am, after almost five years,still totally in love with the woman. 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 5